New Driver, Advice about Breaks

robroy:

Juddian:
The bad old days eh? 12.5 hours max start to finish, .

Yep.I remember it well, when I first got into this job, the days we worked sensible hours instead of the ridiculous 15 on/9 off ■■■■ take…AND today of all times, in the days of (supposed) sh. hot health & safety :open_mouth: …aye right.

It makes me laugh on here from time to time,.and not in a good way, when you say today’s hours are ridiculously too long,.and the teararse clowns who love it all, invariably tell us …
‘‘Well if you don’t like it’’ etc etc…followed by ‘‘It’s the nature of the job’’ and ‘‘That’s the way it’s ALWAYS been’’ :unamused: :laughing:
Is it [zb]. :smiling_imp:
And this is the result,.drivers readily and willingly trying their utmost to work to the last drop of blood in terms of minutes and seconds… and discussing how to achieve some near hand impossible (and ridiculous to those who know better) schedule. :unamused:

With respect mate that’s easy for you to say if you’re on a cushy number with years of experience.
Can’t really blame the agency bods for doing it if it pays well 2 nights a week. Can you honestly say you wouldn’t have done it when you were starting out if it paid?

Didn’t drivers drive for longer hours before digicards?