New Driver, Advice about Breaks

dannyp0000:
Hi thanks everyone for your advice i really appreciate it,

I dont want to be one of those idiots who try their luck and end up stuck, no driving hours left, no plan etc etc.

Its also possible depending on any closures ill end up over 10 hour drive and not make it back as this run leaves no leeway for anything to go wrong.

Ive decided to cut my losses and look for something else without the stress/constant clock watching and racing about needed just to get there and back in time. Just not worth it. Thanks again everyone.

Well done, on a good decision.

There are a few posts in this thread, bemoaning young/new drivers taking jobs like this and tear arseing up n down the road.
Not many use TNUK, with it’s huge depth of range of knowledge and experience. They’re unlikely to get advise like this.
There are other outlets, like Faceache (an old folks medium), twitter, twich, instagram etc. Populated by younger folks, in the same boat.
Don’t forget they’re often trying to get that magical 2 years experience, any way they can.
When you’re offered a start with a company and they give you a job like this, you jump at it. You’ve got your foot in the door at last.
You don’t know it’s a virtually impossible job, you don’t have any experience to know better. And there’s no-one to tell you otherwise.
And that’s partly why the job is deteriorating. One of many reasons.
Us older, more experienced drivers wouldn’t touch this with a bargepole. We’d probably not even touch the company on another job.
So young lads take this job on. Learn that the only way to get on is to get on with the job. And even when they move on to greener pastures, carry on getting on with the job in the same way. It’s self perpetuating.