JAUPT to become part of DVSA

Zac_A:

ramone:
So if i decide to work for a friend driving for free on a saturday it wouldn’t be classed as work?

It depends what the driving is, you’d have to be specific about the driving you’re doing, sometimes what looks like helping a mate out can be considered commercial

ramone:
Not sure how that works. If you are at work you are working, 7 hours of training is work irrespective of if you get paid or not.

No, it’s not. Unpaid training on a day off does not count as “work”, see WTD/RTD regulations for more detail

ramone:
You are on a work related course which is mandatory

It’s only mandatory if you want to keep your right to drive for a living, your DQC is your “qualification”, the card gets sent to your address and you take it with you if you change jobs. That’s part of the reason it is not work - you are in effect doing it for yourself, and the responsibility to organize, complete and pay for the training needed to have that DQC is yours. Companies who pay for the training are not under any obligation to do so.

If you’d done a good Drivers Hours/WTD & RTD course, instead of the low quality snooze fest type stuff, delivered by someone who either doesn’t know their onions, or is so effed off with the job they simply don’t care if anyone learns anything or not, this would have been properly explained.

But don’t just take my word for it, here it is from another source:
Does Driver CPC Training Count as Working Time?
Under the terms of the Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations, working hours are any time that an employee is “at the employer’s disposal”. Therefore, if a driver is required to attend a training course such as Driver CPC by their employer, then this does count as working time.
pearsoncpc.co.uk/faqs

So the drivers hours law isn’t for health and safety then? If i decide to do my cpc i am not working if my employer says i can do my cpc on a saturday im not working if im not been paid if he pays me i am working … read that back to yourself and say it makes sense ffs