Job with a ban

tmcassett:

Night-and-day:

Conor:
Decent companies and large ones like Culina, DHL, Wincanton

The decent companies that you mention there are the ones to be avoided. Staffed by steering wheel attendants and bean counters. The likes of which post frequently on here worrying how long the prison sentence is for an infringement or overspeed, or how to find a drop without a method statement and risk assessment. He will get a job at a proper firm no problem at all

Really? Why is that - because they like to make sure things are done properly?

As for the rest of the rubbish you put, you are making a big generalization there. I have worked for Wincanton on the Argos contract and currently work for DHL on one of their contracts and they are the 2 best jobs I have had in this industry. If I had to be critical they are both OTT on H&S (especially DHL) but that’s it. And I have no idea why you have an issue because they provide risk assessments for drops, I’m perfectly capable of finding delivery points without them but if the company is going to provide something to “help” then I’m all for it.

What would your definition of “a proper firm” be?

The only issue i had with risk assesments was they wernt always possible to carry out due to residents cars or other issues One was down an alley way with a body repair place half way along fine in the daytime as someone around to move a car if need be but at night they had gone home so you couldnt assume it was clear and if you drove down there a very dificult dog leg reverse to get back out. The other issue was the store was very good at telling you to read the risk assesment if they were being pedantic but never wanted to do thier side of the bargin ie make sure your accses and egress was clear and the loading area was clear. most stores would work with the driver and come up with a soloution and or help. but a few wouldnt