Covid job mandatory for health staff... whos next?

Franglais:
but I think it is an unnecessary diversion from the simple fact that the world`s death rate is spiking and there is no apparent reason except Covid.

Franglais, the world’s death rate is spiking (which I have never denied btw). What do you want me to do about it? These are the prevailing conditions these generations are dealing with. You make it seem like I am denying Covid-19 or something. I am double-jabbed, I wear a face mask and I take every precaution I can with what I am doing.

I largely agree with you for goodness sake. I did pick you up on the fact that it isn’t quite “that simple”. Effectively because a high death rate now will mean that in the future those people won’t die again. This is just a hard fact, for every birth there is a death. Sometimes these deaths happen earlier than we expected, but in one, two or three years some of the ones that were elderly, would have sadly passed away. There isn’t really much getting away from that.

I know about the younger Covid-19 victims. They may well have gone on to lead long and full lives. Nobody is sadder about that than me. However, at some point in the future they won’t be elderly and they won’t die at an advanced age. A higher death rate now will inevitably mean a lower one at some point in the future.

I do hope that the vaccines reduce the mortality rates and we don’t end up seeing lower life expectancy longer term. If we do, that is unfortunately what these generations will have to deal with.

Get it, got it, good!