Religion.

robroy:
A bit of a heavy and deep subject, but very apt on Easter Sunday.
Just to say I have no religion whatsoever, even though I was brought up in a Christian family, went to Sunday school,.and was confirmed in a C of E church at 14 years old.
My Mam and Dad are believers, my earliest memory of my grandparents are of them praying before they went to bed.
Anyhoo that said…
I see on Sky news, it’s all kicked off big style in Jerusalem where 3 different religions are celebrating 3 different events,.Christian’s …obviously Easter,
.The Muslims Ramadan,
.and The Jews …with some festival or another which escapes me.

However…Good luck to them,.and each to his own and all that.

It’s a bit like The World Cup all rival supporters meeting up in the venue city square and instead of celebrating the event together with a laugh and a beer., knocking 7 shades of [zb] out of one another. :unamused:
At least in that case they are fighting over something that is actually real rather than a fantasy passed down from numerous generations with no REAL substance, but explained as ‘‘Having a faith’’.

I find it fascinating and amazing that in the present day …the 21st Century ffs !!! :open_mouth:
People are still running their lives around some imaginary supernatural concept that all belong in the dark ages, even before the days when they were burning witches.
People are getting killed in the name of some religion or another ran by the crazed fanatics of each one.
I just don’t get it myself, if I kicked off a conversation in a pub telling a guy what Santa brought me for Christmas, or how much the tooth fairy left under my pillow last night, people would think I was a sandwich short, but if I talk about a religion I believe in, I am taken seriously, and in many cases respected.
If that offends anybody, I can’t help that, it is just my opinion
As I said…‘Each to his own’.

its abrahams religion by the old will.
first were all jews.
the jesus got killed for healing someone on a saturday and christianity was born, and later moslems. that why all three can pray together