Show off your Motor

Harry Monk:
Oh I forgot to mention that like another couple of posters I have a Rover 75 too. It’s not as exciting as the 2.5 litre V6, it’s a 2.0 litre oil burner, this is my daily driver. They are getting a bit rare now, the Rover 75 but I’m going to try to keep it running as long as I can.

In front is my Honda CBF125 which is a bit of a toy really, I only bought it three months ago and it won’t even be road legal until January 2022, It’s just for riding round the lanes in the Summer. I was thinking of doing my full bike test and getting a big bike but then I think why bother, the Honda does 60mph and that’s all I need to do.

I regret not doing my bike test back in the day, when you could take it on a Honda C50 in the morning and be out on a 1200cc bike in the afternoon.

CBF 125 is a fantastic 125. Does like 100+mpg and is extremely reliable and one of the faster 125s.
As for taking your full bike test. I would recommend doing so. Mainly because I found it quite fun and enjoyable. Also I suspect you have not had a driving test in a few decades so might be a bit of novel experience for you :stuck_out_tongue:.
As for getting a bigger bike. It’s mainly for the Acceleration. A £1000 600cc bike can go from 0-60 then most cars on the road. The CBF is plenty fast but over 55+ you do kind of have to tuck in with head down to reach its top speed.
Love the NC50 btw. I really want one lol.