High electricity & gas prices!

Winseer:
I’m wondering by this point - if there isn’t a gulf opening up between the Far Left and the Greens…

…After all, they’ve been splitting the left vote with the SNP long enough now to keep the Tories in power forever, if they are not all careful!

That Bexly By Election result - demostrated that people on the whole, would rather be shagged senseless financially by the Tories, than pay any Labour-inspired higher taxes…

All Keir Starmer has to do to be elected is actually stand up and support something POPULAR that the public are wanting right now… Such as lower energy prices!

The Tories promised to Get Brexit Done, and they’ve not finished delivering their watered-down version in full yet. They’ve not put gunboats on the channel, nor pulled up the drawbridge - despite having a long-standing mandate to act thus…
Then they expect the public to back them up on another lockdown which has got to be ten times worse than even the most pessimistic Remainer estimation of the hardest Brexit imaginable…

Even back before Starmer was leader - the Parliamentary Labour Party didn’t back Ed Milliband (against high energy prices, if you remember) nor Corbyn a Euro Sceptic who only had to be opposition to Cameron’s Remain stance to get elected in 2017…

Politics - is about fooling the Majority, rather than appealing to the majority, and sucking up to unimportant Minorities, rather than fulfilling promises to those who actually voted for you…

I can see the next election only going Labour’s way - if Starmer is gone by that point, and a new Labour unknown has taken the helm - with a rather more Right leaning as Blair did. I never voted for Blair - but he remains the only successful Labour politician of our lifetimes…

Stamer - isn’t another Blair.
Boris - clearly isn’t “Another Tory” neither.

I don’t even know the names of the few Libdems left, these days… So I can’t come up with any meaningful comments regarding them.

Next week, the Bank of England are expected to raise interest rates BECAUSE energy firms (including fuel forecourts!) are holding up prices when the wholesale prices have already slid back these past two weeks… 20% down, and yet RETAIL Fuel has never been higher!! :imp:

It is difficult to see any silver lining in all this, as it would take us coming off the Paris Accord nonesense AND making our peace with Putin’s cheap energy vendor Russia - to kick it all into touch…

The split would be be the realisation that pro nuclear pro biomass even pro solar is anything but Green.
We’ve got enough fossil fuel of our own to supply ourselves ‘if’ we stop exports of it.