Depression

So in my latest TikTok I mention my struggles with depression. A depression I didn’t know I was suffering til afterwards. I think it’s a much bigger issue than we think, and I think as drivers we are at higher risk of it in my opinion. All those hours spent alone combined with less time seeing family not only can make it worse but also easier to hide from those we love, not wanting to worry though you love. But that is never the answer. Nothing I or anyone on an online forum can say anything to help really but if you are struggling I recommend help, often much easier to talk things through with a stranger than family and they are experts at helping lift you back up. I think people would be surprised if they new just how many people have been to this very dark place. You’re not and never will be alone, even though depression is the loneliest place in the world as it ■■■■■ away your life

The vid-
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMYyNqqAu/

I’ve found the easiest way to deal with now-past depression - was to get angry rather than despondant about things happening all around.

Once you tell yourself that what has already happened to you ain’t your fault, but what someone else has done to you - you’ll find such “anger” easy to achieve, and hey-presto - the depression becomes nothing but a memory of “struggling with former hard times”… :bulb:

It’s just a suggestion of course!

Food is the enemy with depression, if you eat carbs and sugary crap it will turn into more sugar in your gut and sugar is seriously a bad up and down drug to avoid if you are intolerant to it. I was depressed and went keto and now feel better than I have ever felt in my entire life, cut out the ■■■■■■■■ whole wheat and grains and veg oils that never seen a veg, they are not good for us they are poison to some,cheap crap junk…The worst culprit is low fat processed crap its not food. It’s why everyone snacks after eating it’s fake grub that caused mental problems for me.You are what you eat.Two meaty meals a day and I never feel picky or any hunger and depression is none existent these days.

My mate…

Tried to kill himself.

He got more even depressed after failing.

After that everyone named him Topper and wouldn’t let him anywhere near multi-storey car parks.

Winseer:
I’ve found the easiest way to deal with now-past depression - was to get angry rather than despondant about things happening all around.

Once you tell yourself that what has already happened to you ain’t your fault, but what someone else has done to you - you’ll find such “anger” easy to achieve, and hey-presto - the depression becomes nothing but a memory of “struggling with former hard times”… :bulb:

What if it is your fault?

Well I suffer from it from time to time as does a work mate who’s on smarties for it
I’ve got this stuffed dog in the cab as a little hint to my mental state
And if you’ve got to ask , just Google “Black dog “

20620E86-C8D7-4D4D-ABF9-D9F619E07C7C.jpeg

I don’t doubt anybody’s personal circumstances but there’s one famous shrink that says 90% of people who think they are depressed just have a ■■■■ life :exclamation: no friends or social life, job that stresses them right out etc…

drover:
I don’t doubt anybody’s personal circumstances but there’s one famous shrink that says 90% of people who think they are depressed just have a [zb] life :exclamation: no friends or social life, job that stresses them right out etc…

Most actual depressed people, like I was, don’t realise they are depressed and will deny it constantly. I only realised after years of denying it

Winseer:

To you its anger, to me it’s self pity city. Always someone else and all that

switchlogic:

drover:
I don’t doubt anybody’s personal circumstances but there’s one famous shrink that says 90% of people who think they are depressed just have a [zb] life :exclamation: no friends or social life, job that stresses them right out etc…

Most actual depressed people, like I was, don’t realise they are depressed and will deny it constantly. I only realised after years of denying it

Yeah that’s true depression, most people that think they are depressed are really just unhappy a lot of the time & there’s a huge difference.

switchlogic:

Winseer:

You sound like one of those ghoul-types who shout “JUMP!” when you see someone standing on a bridge…

Winseer:

switchlogic:

Winseer:

You sound like one of those ghoul-types who shout “JUMP!” when you see someone standing on a bridge…

I’m talking about myself you prize t**t :unamused:

switchlogic:

Winseer:

switchlogic:

Winseer:

I’m talking about myself you prize t**t :unamused:

I’ll call it for what it is…

So you start an attention seeking thread (with a link to your TikTok :unamused: ) about depression and how people should seek help? Winseer then shares his experience of depression and you call him a “prize ■■■■■ and on another thread “a fruit cake”. What a lovely and genuine, caring person you seem to be.

Literally every time Winseer (and Carryfast for that matter) post anything you (and a few others) are there to snipe and put them down, every time without fail. It’s a public forum and they’ve as much right as anybody else to post their views. Yes some of the stuff is pretty out there (to put it mildly) but it’s harmless. Do they really need to be ridiculed every time they say something? A more sensitive soul might call it bullying :bulb: Especially coming from the new poor me, mental health champion.

If my opinion counts for anything, then you win the award for “prize ■■■■■ not Winseer. I’ve actually seen you - a middle aged man - brag about the “online profile” you’ve built for yourself and you clearly need likes and views to feel good about yourself. Pathetic.

It is said that “Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm”. I don’t know how true this is.

crunch13:
I’ll call it for what it is…

So you start an attention seeking thread (with a link to your TikTok :unamused: ) about depression and how people should seek help? Winseer then shares his experience of depression and you call him a “prize [zb]” and on another thread “a fruit cake”. What a lovely and genuine, caring person you seem to be.

Literally every time Winseer (and Carryfast for that matter) post anything you (and a few others) are there to snipe and put them down, every time without fail. It’s a public forum and they’ve as much right as anybody else to post their views. Yes some of the stuff is pretty out there (to put it mildly) but it’s harmless. Do they really need to be ridiculed every time they say something? A more sensitive soul might call it bullying :bulb: Especially coming from the new poor me, mental health champion.

If my opinion counts for anything, then you win the award for “prize [zb]” not Winseer. I’ve actually seen you - a middle aged man - brag about the “online profile” you’ve built for yourself and you clearly need likes and views to feel good about yourself. Pathetic.

He called me a ghoul for asking a genuine question about what I’d do if I blamed myself for my depression causing problems, which I do. As for Carryfast shall I point out why I dislike him so much? He thinks people like me are perverts and has repeatedly said so on this forum. Maybe you think homophobia is harmless, good for you, but it really isn’t. Maybe you think his ■■■■ for teenagers is harmless, maybe you share that and his hate, but it isn’t harmless. But your chip on your shoulder over me seems to have blinded you to simple facts. I’ve literally no idea who you are so I’ve nothing to reply beyond this, since you’ve obviously made such an overwhelming contribution to the forum. Have a lovely evening.

What a depressing thread.

I think depression is a pretty reasonable response to life - life can be very sad.

Depression - I call it " Going down the rabbit hole " - if you know you know .
Been down that hole twice - first time it was scary because I didn’t know how deep the hole was and how far I was going to fall . It took 2 years to get down turn round and get back out again . Second time it was a 6 month journey but the difference was I knew I’d been there before and knew I was strong enough to get myself through it . I’d consider myself a fairly strong person mentaly and i never thought I’d be a candidate for depression but a few small things insignificant by themselves when all put together added up to something I just couldn’t cope with by myself .
Advice - please don’t hide or bottle up your feelings , seek help from a professional and if they pescribe pills - take them and be honest with yourself . It takes time and it may not be a smooth , pain free ride and theres no timetable to recovery - it takes as long as you need .

I cannot imagine how somone can “get out of depression” with a “Councellor” who doesn’t even know you…

“Physician - heal thyself” seems to be the most practical answer…

Thining back to the 1980s, I recall being stuck with the same driving examiner twice, knowing that they had a bad reputation for failing people on the slightest thing…

I duly failed my car test the first time on “reversing around a corner”, and the second time on “bad road positioning - not moving back left after passing a row of parked cars”

I got quite depressed after failing that second time, and decided the piece of the puzzle that needed to be changed to solve my problem here was to book my third test in a different town entirely, where I’d have no chance whatsoever in having that same examiner for a third time in a row…
It worked.
I not only passed, but the examiner asked me after, if I’d put in for a test here because of the very reason that I had done! - "To get away from the “hanging examiner” in my own town…

You cannot change yourself, but you can change the people that surround you.

The kind of “depression” I’ve never understood at all - is the kind suffered (and succumbed to…) by people like the late great Robin Williams for example…
Absolutely loaded, no worries at all - kills himself with a belt… :frowning:

Winseer:
The kind of “depression” I’ve never understood at all - is the kind suffered (and succumbed to…) by people like the late great Robin Williams for example…
Absolutely loaded, no worries at all - kills himself with a belt… :frowning:

Yes, you mean actual depression, as opposed to feeling a bit low after failing a test ‘depression’.

Nothing cheers me up more, than watching grown ups engage in playground spats…