Depression

Depression hit me hard after my mom died, leaving me with feelings of hopelessness, emptiness, and a lack of motivation that I’d never experienced before. It was a dark and terrible period, and I felt like I was trapped in a never-ending tunnel of despair.

One thing that assisted me in this difficult time was exposure therapy in NYC. During the sessions with my therapist, we worked on identifying and facing some of the triggers that intensified my sadness. He provided advice on coping mechanisms, and we did specific exercises like revisiting painful memories in controlled environments. This helped me understand and confront my feelings, gradually leading me to a better place emotionally.

I’m not saying this approach will work for everyone, but for me, it was an essential part of my recovery. Depression is a complex issue, and finding the right support and therapy is crucial. If you’re going through something similar, don’t hesitate to seek professional help.

There’s more than one type and cause of depression. There’s the “reactive depression” anyone can experience due to a negative life experience, as well as the more biochemical-origin types where there is a malfunction in the levels of neurotransmitters.

There’s also a lot of navel-gazing these days; check out the very level-headed views aired by mental health professional Dr Susie Orbach on Michael Rosen’s “Word of Mouth” this week, very refreshing to hear her concerns about the “me, myself & I” attitudes so prevalent these days.
bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001pmjk

Anyway, people are taking HGV driver mental health a lot more seriously these days, the HSE and RHA in particular are getting behind this new campaign
workright.campaign.gov.uk/campa … king-minds