Youtube

funniest and best trucker on you tube in my opinion is the stobart singing driver, youtube.com/watch?v=78abUJTVYcQ
Not giving silly advice, just a good laugh, with a decent voice as well.

109LWB:

UKtramp:
Just how much money are we talking here? I mean for example that fatfox character is completely and utterly clueless. too make a complete ■■■ of yourself by wearing a foxes head and jumping into the North sea for the sake of a few subscribers seems pretty fruitless to me. Most of the subscribers will just kids and insane people. So how much money is actually involved as I fail to see how any one can give them money and earn anything back from them. Maybe an age thing but I dont get it.

The money comes from ad revenue on YouTube. Anyone can do it, it’s nothing special.

Fastasfox will be earning peanuts, his views and subscriber counts aren’t high enough to make any serious money
You can get a rough estimate using social blade
socialblade.com/youtube/user/fastasfox

I also just noticed fastasfox has joined a network. This means the network takes the money and then pays him a share, in return they should (read never do) promote his channel. So in actual fact he will only be getting about 70% of the revenue from his channel, depending on what terms he signed with the network. Usually it’s a 70/30 split or could be 60/40

Trucker j will be getting a fair bit more, his views are higher and more frequent.
socialblade.com/youtube/user/truckerjaylea

As you can see, the estimated monthly and yearly payment is a pretty vast estimate.

I have a pretty successful YouTube channel, non trucking related.
I have more total views, and more subscribers than Jay.
I earn around £250 a month consistently, except for December when it goes up to about £350. I’ve been doing this since 2011. However I don’t upload frequently anymore. My last upload was last year. Looking at my stats, the monthly estimate at the top end is a bit higher than actual, but the lower estimate is way off the mark.
Jays top estimate seems very high to me, it’s possible he is getting that or just below, but I’d think the 200-300 range is more likely.

Interesting insight, thanks for sharing that info.

I’ve heard it’s actually harder to start earning through adsense now due to YouTubes new T & Cs and I also hear that their A.I. flagging software (flags inappropriate content and demonetises that video) is now being really stringent, and if a viewer flags a video as inappropriate then that video now automatically gets “put up for review” and demonetised while the creator has to then prove that it’s not.

Not sure on the new terms, I had an email, but who reads all that crap. :astonished:

But yes, any video with a claim for any reason is automatically demonitised. Some videos can’t even be monetised at all if they contain certain things that’s been recognised upon processing.
One video of mine was rejected as it contained someone else’s music…
I went though the video again, definitely no music. A little research and discovered it was a droning noise in section that had flagged up a a song that contained a didgeredoo. :smiley:
Despite appealing, they wouldn’t let me monetise it.

so does that mean the singing stobart driver does not get paid then as he is singing? youtube.com/watch?v=i6XqAsYra4E

It would depend really. Usually “covers” are ok, unless the artist or label has said otherwise.

Plenty of people have made a fortune from youtube, there alot of gamers who play an review games, now millionaires.

Thing is once you get to a point, you start getting other income streams. Companies will pay you money to advertise their goods, or review stuff.
I got £150 to make a 10 minute video for a company last year.
A lot of the millionaire you tubers haven’t made all that from YouTube direct, a lot of it will be external sponsorship and paid advertising. This then of course leads on to other things. Tv work, books, products.
There are a lot of very young, very rich people thanks to YouTube who have never had a “real job”. They will be screwed once their audience dries up that’s for sure.

It says ERF not RAF:
I think too many Vloggers on YouTube are new young drivers who don’t really have a lot of experience yet give out a lot of advice, which half the time is wrong thus confusing other new drivers !
Some of the older drivers who post on YouTube (!!) like Luke Vernon know their stuff and Luke is all over social media (inc on here), the difference is his advice is correct so isn’t a problem (regardless of whether you like YouTube vids or not).
Another one is YouTube.com/TheRockgod23 though he doesn’t post on YouTube too often and doesn’t seem to be on any other social media site so I doubt he does it to earn any money !
His advice seems spot on so could help new drivers as he shows what the job is really like without preaching ?
Obviously most of the vids are pretty boring though they do give an insight into the job !
This is his latest video !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3008AuuxKY

Older drivers indeed! Oh…wait…I am 40 this year! Still feel like a 21 year old muppet though. Thanks for the kind words, I only ever made them to help or entertain, never for money hence you won’t find click bait, or indeed any recent videos! I know I can be a bit marmite :wink:

Started a new account as couldn’t access my old one.

Just thought I’d give my input… I upload my truck videos to youtube, only been vlogging the last 12 months and I definitely don’t do It for the money, in fact, none of my videos are even monetized! I do it because I’m trying to show the industry in a positive light and to encourage others to consider a career as a driver. I also really enjoy the editing and creating videos people enjoy watching.
After many requests, I’ve started creating some informative videos to help out noobies but I do my best to research the topic as best I can to ensure the info is correct.

Obviously to time served drivers trucking vlogs seem boring but to prospective drivers or people who just want an insight to the industry and the day to day life as a trucker there entertaining, not to mention highlighting some of the crap we have to put up with :unamused:

Cheers

Rockgod is one of the nicest ones. No nonsense & quite informative

kevtee:

Just thought I’d give my input… I upload my truck videos to youtube, only been vlogging the last 12 months and I definitely don’t do It for the money, in fact, none of my videos are even monetized! I do it because I’m trying to show the industry in a positive light and to encourage others to consider a career as a driver. I also really enjoy the editing and creating videos people enjoy watching.
After many requests, I’ve started creating some informative videos to help out noobies but I do my best to research the topic as best I can to ensure the info is correct.

Obviously to time served drivers trucking vlogs seem boring but to prospective drivers or people who just want an insight to the industry and the day to day life as a trucker there entertaining, not to mention highlighting some of the crap we have to put up with :unamused:

Cheers

Fair play to you matey, I took a look at a couple of your videos. As you have said they are aimed at informative towards new drivers and I think that comes across well. I cannot stand seeing that fastfox who is a total idiot putting videos up and so stupid as to take out a low loader with an excavator on it without even knowing the height of it and all chained up wrong. Then putting himself and his company at risk by videoing it whilst breaking so many rules!! His videos I use as an example as to be fair I don’t watch any others as they are embarrassing to watch. The likes of matt Ireland, Luke Vernon, Peter Owen are in a different class and league all together. Drivers will watch their videos as they of interest towards new and old. I cannot see who would watch fastfox, Trucker Jay etc as they are a complete joke as well as make us all look stupid and childish. My opinion but I am of an age where they wouldn’t appeal to me anyway. Fatfox I watched around 6 videos or so because it was like you had to watch as it was unbelievable how anyone could actually employ the nutcase let alone allow him loose in a truck. I think you are doing your videos for the right reasons and it is good on you for doing them.

kevtee:

Cheers

Spot on mate, your videos have been very useful for the likes of me “a new driver” keep up the good work :slight_smile:

I often wondered why “British” Dashcam vids are so boring compared to say, Russian ones… FFS the highlight of some of these Brit ones is “OOoh he cut me up at the lights FU66 WAN needs to re-sit his test the git!”

There’s plenty of scary stuff out there within the UK - but none of it ever seems to make it onto our homegrown vids… :confused:

“Herge`s adventures of Dozy” would be an international best seller…or maybes not…?1

I thought it was just me who thought fastafox was a ■■■■■

Was he the one that delivered into central London and parked for the night in Southend■■?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk