Yorkshire Livestock Haulage Companies

A couple of weeks before this photograph was taken , Angela Shuttleworth had won Best Lady Driver at Barnard Castle Truck Show with this very tidy Scania 6 wheeler . Put straight back into work hauling lambs to and from the annual Gimmer Lamb Sales , this vehicle is seen here resting , as it shines in the afternoon sunshine at Hawes Auction Mart .
Yet another smart Scania from the R.E.Shuttleworth & Sons ( and Daughter ) fleet.
Cheers , cattle wagon man.

Here is another very smart Scania belonging to the family firm of R.E.Shuttleworth & Sons .
After a busy morning leading cattle into Bentham Auction Mart , it is photographed on the wash bay to be cleaned ,
before the second part to the day begins , - delivering cattle to pastures new .
Cheers , cattle wagon man.

Great photos Will88 & Cattle Wagon Man,

M Wynne (Sheffield) - Scania 94D 230

Cheers

Simon

Truck Traveller:
More photos folks,

J M Bell & Son - Thirsk North Yorkshire - Scania R500 (I think) Topline
J M Bell & Son - Thirsk North Yorkshire - Scania R580 V8 Topline
More smart Yorkshire Livestock motors. Photos taken at Truckfest Original Newark 2011.

Thanks for looking.

Kind regards

Simon

580’s mate.The 05 was an ex Prestons Of Potto

Hi folks,
Three reasons for liking this photo:

1. It’s a Longthorne’s
  2. Chatfields of Leeds is where I served my apprenticeship, taught by some cracking technicians
  3. It’s taken at Skipton Auction in Yorkshire
    Enough said.

Longthorne Bros/Chatfields - DAF XF 105.460 Super Space Cab

Thanks for looking
Kind regards
Simon

hi simon,
that looks pretty tidy with a cattle trailer, are longthornes planning on buying it?
im sure it will look super tidy once theyve added theyre usual smart touches to it!

living in otley i see quite a lot of longthornes trucks quite a lot of the time

thanks,will

Hi Will,

I’m guessing they maybe considering one, but to be honest I don’t know.

The Longthorne livery looks good even on a grey and miserable rainy day and is just great for photographing (which I hope they don’t mind :confused: ).

Kind regards

Simon

:smiley:

fred greenwood is buying this motor. u heard it here first :smiley: cant wait to see another topline added to there superb fleet.

charlie lauder.jpg

Looks a tidy motor JoeR580.

I wonder how Charlie Lauder got away with running those blue lens beacons? If you can’t use them, what’s the point (or am I just showing my age)?

Fred Greenwood & Son - Plowman Bros Livestock Container
Kind regards
Simon

hi simon, must admit i wondered the exact same thing? nice pic of r17, one of my favourite volvos around.

tried to get a bit creative with the camera!

it is a really smart volvo r17, although i must admit im quite a fan of this one…

Cheers guys, some real nice photos.

Cheers
Simon

thats a lovely shot, is that otley market round the back?

Sure is will88, good spot.
Kind regards
Simon

will88:
it is a really smart volvo r17, although i must admit im quite a fan of this one…0

so where the **** has the DAVE BLOCKLEY writing gone on the headboard■■?

not quite sure on that one i will get back to you! think it definately needs a scribble back up there though!

D’oh!!!

My heart sank when I saw your photo will88 (as good as it is). I like that FH too, so I decided to have a replica model built, which was finished about a fortnight ago…with of course the ‘Dave Blockley’ headboard :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Nevermind.

Simon