Working rule rip off

to bring us into line with the W.R.D our company with the unions blessing has anounced that our working week will increase from 39hrs to 42 hrs with a redueced rate overtime for the first 6 hrs to make a 48hr week an enhanced rate after that i thought that the W.R.D in principal is agood idea IE work less for more money with a better home/leisure life not for companys to play on drivers worrys that because of the W.R.D we would earn less by :imp: the way the company in question is T.N.T logistics

The simple answer is that it will bring more money but what it needs is for drivers to have the guts to leave firms with rubbish pay offers/ Sadly many of them will just carry on as they always have done…doff their cap at the boss and be grateful at the shilling they get at the end of the week.

And what are you going to do about it - director thinking

Of course they will find anyway of bending rules, changing your working conditions, anything that means they get more work out of you and even better that they have to pay you less!!!

Just a point, if it is in your job contract they cant change anything without your written agreement (if your union has agreed to this against your wishes leave them)

Most points have been sorted already and i will agree…if you have a contract then they cannot force you to do or work against your agreement…and if the unions have agreed it then pull out…unless it was a condition of your contract then you cant…the unions are the workforce…so your own mates agreed to this change of practice…and conor has summed it up…but it not only applies to drivers but the country as a whole…we are not militant enough…if the government said they were going to take half of everyones earnings to pay for the asylum seekers to have a better life…then the majority would just shrug their shoulders…call the government a load of names…and let them do it…as i always say …if you are not happy with your present circumstances…then look for something else…
have a nice day

bakke8:
to bring us into line with the W.R.D our company with the unions blessing has anounced that our working week will increase from 39hrs to 42 hrs with a redueced rate overtime for the first 6 hrs to make a 48hr week an enhanced rate after that i thought that the W.R.D in principal is agood idea IE work less for more money with a better home/leisure life not for companys to play on drivers worrys that because of the W.R.D we would earn less by :imp: the way the company in question is T.N.T logistics

Firstly welcome to Trucknet! :wink:
Which depot are you running for? I am agency in Atherstone and I haven’t heard anything but I will find out what the general feeling is.

Well, that’s TNT for you.

I was at a Newsfast depot for almost 2 years through an agency. At this time, 2002, TNT’s class 1 rate was something like £5.70 and the majority of the agency guys were on £10+. After much wailing and gnashing of teeth by the TNT men, their union stepped in to try and realign the pay rates. I was stunned when the union announced a hard won pay rise of 3% which brough their hourly rate up to nearly £6/hr :open_mouth:

There was an unbelievable turnover of drivers as well. It turned out that what they were told they would earn in the interview bore no resemblance to what happened in the real world. Whilst I was at TNT I was involved in a bump on a roundabout (if you drive your car up the nearside of an artic on a roundabout expect you car to get written off, ok?) and the job will be going to county court. TNT have their own accident investigation team as the co. is just about self-insuring and one of their guys came to interview me and take a statement. He said that the poor treatment of drivers is company wide and it is astonishing that there are drivers working for the firm who have been there since day 1 and are still loyal despite their treatment.

TNT? Great work as an agency driver but otherwise I wouldn’t touch them with a barge-pole.

It is true that although I have only run for them a month the many of agency lads I work with have been there between 2 and 5 years. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Obviously the lads have been offered full time jobs with TNT but are only too aware of the pay conditions so understandibly they declined.

i agree with wat you are saying about pulling out the bad treatment etc i was agencey till accepting the post in my position i have took a short term loss in pay only slight tho for a long term gain. this could open up a different issue that of fulltime employment or agencey work . a workemate as already wrote to his union informing them they will no longer be reiceving any of his subs myself i will now go and get me new motorbike on finance then go back to agencey