Windscreen wipers

Frankydobo:
Talking of being able to see better, did anyone on here ever buy those yellow tinted night driving glasses, my Dad had a pair when he did night trunk and said they were just the job and actually improved vision. This would have been around the mid 60’s. Franky.

Hi Franky, I had a pair of these tinted glasses, They were called Night Hawks & I bought them from a firm that advertised then in the good old Headlight drivers monthly magazine, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Frankydobo:
Talking of being able to see better, did anyone on here ever buy those yellow tinted night driving glasses, my Dad had a pair when he did night trunk and said they were just the job and actually improved vision. This would have been around the mid 60’s. Franky.

Hi Franky, I had a pair of these tinted glasses, They were called Night Hawks & I bought them from a firm that advertised then in the good old Headlight drivers monthly magazine, Regards Larry.

You can still buy yellow tinted specs for headlamp glare etc, I purchased some a couple of years ago and they do help although I rarely venture out much after dark these days unless I have a vintage club meeting.

Pete.

Retired Old ■■■■:
You have the scenario well sussed, Dave! The intake of apple juice must have done even more damage to the remaining brain cell as I totally missed the “Turbo Visor” post earlier! Mustn’t get too sober as I have a cracking “last minute” deal on a week in the Canaries at the end of this month. Spending the sprog’s inheritance, again!

The Canaries!!! :open_mouth: That ‘overpriced R&S course’ you ran certainly paid dividends lad! However, I’m guessing that if everyone had paid you up what they owed for that and breakfasts (“the cheques probably got lost in the post” etc :unamused: ) then it could have been upgraded to the Carribean I suppose. :confused: :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:

Retired Old ■■■■:
You have the scenario well sussed, Dave! The intake of apple juice must have done even more damage to the remaining brain cell as I totally missed the “Turbo Visor” post earlier! Mustn’t get too sober as I have a cracking “last minute” deal on a week in the Canaries at the end of this month. Spending the sprog’s inheritance, again!

The Canaries!!! :open_mouth: That ‘overpriced R&S course’ you ran certainly paid dividends lad! However, I’m guessing that if everyone had paid you up what they owed for that and breakfasts (“the cheques probably got lost in the post” etc :unamused: ) then it could have been upgraded to the Carribean I suppose. :confused: :laughing:

Pete.

I’ve just been told that this years Scotland trip is the luxury version . Number One Son is hiring a small minibus for the trip so that the ageing doddery senior can doze peacefully while he does the driving . I’m still looking for the catch and there is bound to be one , maybe I’m going to get stiffed for the fuel cost , we shall see .

coomsey:
Never drove one with bottom mounted but didn’t need to try top mounted to know they were wrong, did motor designers ever drive?
The ultimate was, of course, the Foden top mounted n air operated, you had to experience them to fully appreciate the awfulness of them. If they’d have fitted them on that Wermacht Foden the two lads would have blown it up. Cheers Coomsey

I had an S80 Foden and was going to praise the vacuum wipers up, then started to doubt myself whether they were top or bottom. I had to seek out a photo to confirm that they were on the bottom, I had sat behind them for four years ! ( It was 40 odd years ago though )