Why trucking was better in the 1980s

Sed Atki 401 with a 265 roller in the late eighties, bags of room in the cab and having a shower in the driver’s seat when you went around a corner :grimacing:

Punchy Dan:
If one could turn the clock back to a period or yr where traffic and rules were less than today what yr would it be and would you wish to drive the lorries of said period having driven lorries of today ?

Wot’s a ‘lorry of today’ like then Dan, I thought my 1996 Foden was as good as it gets and I have never driven anything newer? :laughing:

Late eighties/early to mid nineties was good for me, a nice new Foden eight legger and more work than you could handle. No mobiles or sat-navs, just a CB and plenty of A-Z’s in the cab and lots of good laughs with site workers and tarmac gangs, plus some cracking workmates and some good social events (darts/dominoes etc) after work, don’t spoil it and tell me it isn’t still the same today? :confused: :unamused: Regarding trucks, what you never had you don’t miss so plonk me in a 1980’s ‘Sandbach Special’ and I will do a fifteen hour day again, no problem! :wink:

Pete.

I was mid '20s not mid '50s.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:

Sixties boy:
From my limited experience with digs, I preferred kipping across the seats in my little 7.5t Ford Cargo.

Exactly

That picture is a bit flash…

Boom boom. :slight_smile:

Wheel Nut:

Sixties boy:
From my limited experience with digs, I preferred kipping across the seats in my little 7.5t Ford Cargo.

Exactly

Ah, the switch used to energise the Trafficators. I’m surprised they ever caught on,although they do seem to have fallen from favour with 99% of car and van drivers.
That was when the rot set in, no more upper body exercise to be had using hand signals