Whos to blame? [MERGED]

raymundo:
Surprised there’s not one comment like … agency driver :wink:

he will be next week :open_mouth:

Billy The Kid:
To me it looks like it is not the drivers fault
But dose anyone have a google map link to the location please?

How’s it not the driver’s fault. he drove the thing into the bridge after passing height warning signs?

The location is in the article.

Billy The Kid wrote:

In one word Coffeeholic… Newbie that doesn’t know is arse from his head…

I only just read this but it happened last week apparently:

cars.aol.co.uk/2015/03/19/transp … d%3D337904

Introducing the latest Family Saloon by Ford - The new ‘FORD FRACAS’.

Old News

war1974:
thank you ^^^^ this was my point yes the bridge may not be signed but not many if any have no signs at all before a bridge that is low.

yes but what happens if a broked down truck or bus is blocking the veiw of the sing

Coffeeholic:

Billy The Kid:

How’s it not the driver’s fault. he drove the thing into the bridge after passing height warning signs?

how is anyone supposed to see a sing like that hidden away in the bushes when doing the natinal speed limit

And by the way car transporter companies dont use agency drivers

AGENCEY :laughing:

Billy The Kid:

Coffeeholic:

Billy The Kid:

how is anyone supposed to see a sing like that hidden away in the bushes when doing the natinal speed limit

Those images are 6 years old so the sign and bushes situation is likely to be different now. According to people who use that road every day there are a number of signs. If you see a warning sign and it’s difficult to see maybe that’s a clue you need to slow down so you can take note of the information.

If the guy was doing the national speed limit then he’s probably even more to blame. He’s on an unfamiliar route, he obviously wasn’t familiar with it or he would have known about the bridge, and driving a vehicle that requires extra diligence due to it’s height and car transporter drivers are usually very cautious in those situation because of low tree branches if nothing else.

Billy The Kid:

war1974:
thank you ^^^^ this was my point yes the bridge may not be signed but not many if any have no signs at all before a bridge that is low.

yes but what happens if a broked down truck or bus is blocking the veiw of the sing

Coffeeholic:

Billy The Kid:

^ no thanks to unionisation ford will take a chap off the line who held a class 1 when god was a lad and send him out in it.

stevie wonder could see that it wasn’t going under the bridge.

Anyone who hits a bridge for any reason is a pratt end of. :neutral_face:

JLS Driver SOS:
Anyone who hits a bridge for any reason is a pratt end of. :neutral_face:

ow so if the sing fell off the bridge
if there was a scafolding tube hanging off of the bridge making the bridge lower

Billy The Kid:

They do now. Saw an agency advertising couple of weeks ago. It’s the driver shortage I suppose :laughing: :laughing:

Why don’t we have more long lonely roads that lead to low bridges CLEARLY MARKED at the very start of the road - “low bridge 4 miles ahead” followed by “no turnarounds beyond this point” or whatever… There are plenty of them thus signposted - but also plenty that are not…

There was no delay getting all those “cyclist” notices posted on the backs of LBTS vehicles - so there’s no excuses for local governments to not get this done in their areas is there? :bulb:

Winseer:
Why don’t we have more long lonely roads that lead to low bridges CLEARLY MARKED at the very start of the road - “low bridge 4 miles ahead” followed by “no turnarounds beyond this point” or whatever… There are plenty of them thus signposted - but also plenty that are not…

There was no delay getting all those “cyclist” notices posted on the backs of LBTS vehicles - so there’s no excuses for local governments to not get this done in their areas is there? :bulb:

it the money mate it the cost of putting all these sings up

shame really,this one,as the driver(not agency or foreign) was a very nice chap and was genuinely mortified by what had happened.
further problems were then encountered in the village where i measured an old tree(one of many measured along that route out) which the village was keen to preserve which was 15 ft clearance.
made for a very long day getting it prepared and moved.
there have been quite a few accidents at this bridge and a recent one could easily have been a fatality.(loaded hi-ab truck).
the village is asking yet again for better signage on the bridge.