Who much do you take home per week?

Big Truck have you bought a motor yet?

Coffeeholic:

TheBear:
Would I be right in saying you need a fairly substantsial amount in the bank to see you over the first year?

You need a good amount in the bank just to get the O Licence before anything else.

Neil, how much is it for that these days?

Sean,
See my post under yours “truck update no4”!!
We must be passing each other in the night!!! :smiley:

Mal:

Coffeeholic:

TheBear:
Would I be right in saying you need a fairly substantsial amount in the bank to see you over the first year?

You need a good amount in the bank just to get the O Licence before anything else.

Mal it varies depending if you are applying for an International Licence or a Standard one. The amounts for an International Licence are £5400 for the first or only vehicle and £3000 for each additional vehicle. For a standard national licence the amounts are £4300 for the first or only vehicle and £2400 for each additional vehicle.

Coffeeholic:

Mal:

Coffeeholic:

TheBear:

Mal it varies depending if you are applying for an International Licence or a Standard one. The amounts for an International Licence are £5400 for the first or only vehicle and £3000 for each additional vehicle. For a standard national licence the amounts are £4300 for the first or only vehicle and £2400 for each additional vehicle.

Cheers Neil, it nwould be 1motor and trailer, standard national. blimey, its gone up a bit since i last got one!

Coffeeholic:

Mal:

Coffeeholic:

TheBear:

Crikey :exclamation: :open_mouth:. Shows how little I knew then. I thought it was a one-off fee (and not that much either), I didn’t realise that each extra vehicle cost more money to add it to the license as such :open_mouth:.

What a rip-off.

These figures are for the “finacial repute” required for an “o” licence but they dont actually have to be in cash in your account they only have to be “avaiable”

They can be in the form of (but not exclusivly)

A prearranged overdraft facility with the bank
credit on your credit cards
stocks & shares (saleable)

They do have to available so for example if you had a £6,000 overdraft facility
but you were already overdrawn by £2,000 then to meet the £5400 requirement for 1 vehicle & 1 trailer on an international application you would need to be able to show an availability of £1400 by other means

I hope that makes sense It did in my head before I wrote it but now looks like a lot of writing :confused:

north surrey haulage:
These figures are for the “finacial repute” required for an “o” licence but they dont actually have to be in cash in your account they only have to be “avaiable”

but you were already overdrawn by £2,000 then to meet the £5400 requirement for 1 vehicle & 1 trailer on an international application you would need to be able to show an availability of £1400 by other means

I hope that makes sense It did in my head before I wrote it but now looks like a lot of writing :confused:

Makes a lot of sense Sean, cheers for posting thast, I know now I can pass that requirement at least, as ive got 2 grand cash and a £4500 limit on a credit card, but 5 grand of me own cash in the bank woiuld take a while to get!!

Mal:

north surrey haulage:

Makes a lot of sense Sean, cheers for posting thast, I know now I can pass that requirement at least, as ive got 2 grand cash and a £4500 limit on a credit card, but 5 grand of me own cash in the bank woiuld take a while to get!!

What do you mean Mal :question:

What about all those Saturday mornings you’re going to be working… :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Rob K:
Crikey :exclamation: :open_mouth:. Shows how little I knew then. I thought it was a one-off fee (and not that much either), I didn’t realise that each extra vehicle cost more money to add it to the license as such :open_mouth:.

What a rip-off.

That isn’t a fee Rob, that is just what you have to show you have available to you when you start up and as has been said it doesn’t have to be in cash it can be credit cards, agreed overdraft etc.

There is a fee for the licence and for each vehicle specified on it. For a first licence the fee is £168 payable with application and is non-refundable. On the issue of a licence a fee of £263 is payable and every 5 years a further £263 is payable. For each vehicle specified on the licence ther is a further fee payable and this is £29 per vehicle per year if you pay the full 5 years in advance or £36 per vehicle per year if you just pay for one year in advance.

So if you are adding vehicles to a licence you just have to show you have the funds available to you, £2400 on a Standard Licence, and then pay the yearly fee, £29 or £36 depending if you pay it in full or anually.

At renewal time of the Licence they write to you asking for the fees and you also have to show at that point that you still have sufficient funds available to you for the vehicles you operate, again this is bank statements, loans, overdraft, lines of credit etc.

Rob K:

Mal:

north surrey haulage:

What about all those Saturday mornings you’re going to be working… :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Youre joking Rob, I’ll be finished friday afternoon M8, I did it before and never started at daft oclock on a monday either! and if im in on a saturday, it’ll be messing about in the yard, or dropping the motor off to the fitter, not driving, and there wont be no 5 nights out either, why d’you think im angling to buy one, i want to avoid hard work! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: (thas why its gotta be cheap)

Mal:

Rob K:

Mal:

north surrey haulage:

Youre joking Rob, I’ll be finished friday afternoon M8, I did it before and never started at daft oclock on a monday either! and if im in on a saturday, it’ll be messing about in the yard, or dropping the motor off to the fitter, not driving, and there wont be no 5 nights out either, why d’you think im angling to buy one, i want to avoid hard work! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: (thas why its gotta be cheap)

I shall look forward to being a fly on the ceiling when you tell your Midtrans gaffer this… :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I actually pulled the pin at 7:30 fri morn Rob and told them the truth why I was leaving, which is yard too far from home, and saturdays, but they asked me as a favour to stay for next week. Also, they said theyd like to see if they can work out something to keep me, as Im good at the job. But Im really 100% on not working 6 days a week. So, if they can park the motor over here, and I can finish every fri, i’ll stay. Im not holding me breath tho!

Mal:
as Im good at the job.

And oh so modest with it :wink: :wink: :laughing:

north surrey haulage:

Mal:
as Im good at the job.

And oh so modest with it :wink: :wink: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: you got me! looking at it that way I wish I hadnt said that! But in me defence, it was them that said it first! :wink:

cheers for the honest reply`s sean & bt
it was something i considered but decided to put off until the kids grow up and i have a little more money,by then the wife will want to live in italy :unamused:
good luck bt if you go for it
jon

Cheers Jon boy,
I had Norfolkline,P+O Ferrymasters,Montgomery Refrigeration on the phone yesterday offering me a start and at 7am this morning Derek Sawyer from Sawyers transport on the Mobie looking to know my “craic” as well. Demoing this sliding bogie Dennison tipping trailer up at a Tarmac quarry today to see if I can use it for a start possibly as a contract haulier,
My head is spinning ever so slightly with all the offers and I bet you if I get a wagon suddenly it will all go quiet :open_mouth: :confused: :wink:

Big Truck:
My head is spinning ever so slightly with all the offers

i bet it is
good luck mate
jon

jon boy 100:
it was something i considered but decided to put off until the kids grow up and i have a little more money,by then the wife will want to live in italy

You can be an OD and live in Italy Jon, in fact we have a memeber on here who does just that. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Big Truck:
Cheers Jon boy,
Derek Sawyer from Sawyers transport on the Mobie looking to know my “craic” as well.

Jesus, dont start for them! They will run you into the ground. The loads them boys go out with are unbelieveble :open_mouth: But you will cerainly get plenty of miles done if that’s what you want :wink: :laughing: