What time can I legally start my next shift

I started work today at 4am and finished at 3pm driving for 8.5 hours with correct breaks

I have been asked to start at 2am tomorrow, will this be legal

Am asking as I got pulled up by my agency because I did an 0630 to 1930 shift took a 9 hour break and then drove from 0430 to 730 and was told this was an infringement

Thanks for your help with this matter

Simon

simonw1968:
I started work today at 4am and finished at 3pm driving for 8.5 hours with correct breaks

I have been asked to start at 2am tomorrow, will this be legal

I’m assuming you’re on EU regulations.

Yes that’s legal, you’ve done an 11 hour shift and will follow it with an 11 hour daily rest period.

simonw1968:
Am asking as I got pulled up by my agency because I did an 0630 to 1930 shift took a 9 hour break and then drove from 0430 to 730 and was told this was an infringement

An infringement for what ?

Apparently insufficient break in a 24 hour period, I couldn’t see it either

If you started at 06:30 and finished at 19:30 you did a 13 hour shift followed by a reduced daily rest period of 9 hours, assuming you’re on EU regulations and not domestic regulations the agency bod doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

He’s probably getting EU regulations mixed up with domestic regulations.

Did you have a 9 hour reduced daily rest available :question: = IE not already had 3 reduced since last weekly rest

Eu regs and yes had a 9 available hence why I am puzzled guess I will just ignore them. They didn’t spot the 15.5 hour duty time due to unforeseen occurrences though a few days earlier