What lockdown?

dieseldog999:
my local council have just blocked off the access roads to the dog walking/fishing dams around me…instantly theres now 30 or so cars that would normally be parked in the carpark are now parked along the road which has no parking restrictions on it with the same masses out waling and sitting next to each other fishing.
if theyre going to do it,then get on with it and do it right,or dont waste money and effort with the usual clusterballsup

Fishermen always sit miles apart from each other anyway so I’m not seeing what the problem is. All these STAY . AT . HOME hysterical screamers seem to be ignoring the fact that forcing people to be cooped up in their homes for days/weeks on end is extremely unhealthy and we are not designed that way; we are naturally social creatures. The damage from this further down the line could be more damaging than the virus itself. There has already been one reported case of someone taking their own life because of the lockdown and media hysteria.

R420:

maga:

dreamingofoz:
So a couple or even a family that live in the same house all get in the same car and drive to a quiet spot in the countryside with no one around and go for a walk for an hour. If they do happen to meet other people out doing the same they keep their social distancing and at the end of their walk get back in their car and drive back to the house that they all live in together. Essential travel? Definitely not. Putting themselves or others at risk? Also no. So what’s the problem?

car with family/couple crashes, all now need NHS treatment/resources that can/should be better spent elsewhere :question: … its all about risk limitation, granted there is risk in everything. There are countless reports of the countryside/reserves/forrests rammed with people who have drove there when they should only be using the car for ESSENTIAL journeys i.e getting to work and shopping.

kevmac, my Dad has been doing the same as you. I think the issue the police have is people driving to places to exercise. Like i said, I’m sure most are just out in the sunshine under the guise of the allowed exercise.

This is a dumb argument and can easily be quoshed simply by the looking at the accident numbers from people falling off ladders and chopping limbs off when doing at DIY at home vs the accident numbers from people being out in the countryside. The former is many multiples higher than the latter. What do you think people will be doing when cooped up at home for weeks on end, especially when the DIY chains are all open? :bulb: 1 ambo being out of action for 2 hours recovering someone from ruralshire who’s fallen and broken their ankle vs 10 ambos in localshire from people falling off their roofs or chopped their finger off with the hedge trimmer? It all balances out and the “strain” on the NHS will be roughly the same.

At the end of the day, the government, the police and the NHS themselves are pleading that people to stay in their homes as much as possible and they have been clear on what that entails. To do it anyway, like you’re saying and some people are doing, just screams being self entitled and screw everyone else tbh.

Its that simple

I don’t understand why so many are trying to come up with little loopholes to get around what’s being said to them. I can only assume its because they all know best and couldn’t give two fks about the impact their actions may have on other people, given the carefully calculated infinitesimal risk that they are so expertly positioned to assess. :wink:

lolipop:
A six wheeler went past my home only this morning with a new tractor on the back, delivering tractors essential or not ■■?

Do you need someone to draw you a diagram of how your food gets to your plate?

R420:

dieseldog999:
my local council have just blocked off the access roads to the dog walking/fishing dams around me…instantly theres now 30 or so cars that would normally be parked in the carpark are now parked along the road which has no parking restrictions on it with the same masses out waling and sitting next to each other fishing.
if theyre going to do it,then get on with it and do it right,or dont waste money and effort with the usual clusterballsup

Fishermen always sit miles apart from each other anyway so I’m not seeing what the problem is. All these STAY . AT . HOME hysterical screamers seem to be ignoring the fact that forcing people to be cooped up in their homes for days/weeks on end is extremely unhealthy and we are not designed that way; we are naturally social creatures. The damage from this further down the line could be more damaging than the virus itself. There has already been one reported case of someone taking their own life because of the lockdown and media hysteria.

Just stay at home for a few weeks out your life it really isn’t difficult

You are quite correct, we are social creatures and like to get out and about however there is a nasty virus going about killing lots of people and we have been told to stay at home to prevent it spreading and killing others.

One case of suicide compared to how many deaths from carona?

The decent amongst us will help others and the struggling NHS by staying at home and following simple rules.

Lets be honest, the pictures/footage that Derbyshire police have posted are really just trying to get the message across to the general public that only ESSENTIAL journeys are permitted at this time, this is to hopefully prevent this virus spreading as far/as quickly as it has done in other countries.
I don’t understand why people can’t just do whats been asked, it’s not like they have been asked to do it for the next 20 years, just 3 bloody weeks ‘we hope’ [emoji120][emoji120]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

polytrotter:
Lets be honest, the pictures/footage that Derbyshire police have posted are really just trying to get the message across to the general public that only ESSENTIAL journeys are permitted at this time, this is to hopefully prevent this virus spreading as far/as quickly as it has done in other countries.
I don’t understand why people can’t just do whats been asked, it’s not like they have been asked to do it for the next 20 years, just 3 bloody weeks ‘we hope’ [emoji120][emoji120]

These new rules that have just been introduced, will stay. You have just lost your basic right to freely move about. You may not realise it, but you’ve just lost 800 years of freedom.

Fishermen always sit miles apart from each other anyway so I’m not seeing what the problem is.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
theres english fishing,and then theres fishing as the social event its meant to be. :slight_smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=IoWWKpbjDLQ

the nodding donkey:

polytrotter:

These new rules that have just been introduced, will stay. You have just lost your basic right to freely move about. You may not realise it, but you’ve just lost 800 years of freedom.

This…

polytrotter:

the nodding donkey:

polytrotter:

This…

That’s fine. You believe that.

robroy:

tyneside:
According to the BBC local news the ■■■■■■■ police are going to be stopping caravans and motor homes entering the county and sending them back from where they came.

I heard another thing about ■■■■■■■ Police, (it may be just drivercrap who knows :unamused: ), but apparentlly they have been turning back Scottish log trucks on their way to Iggesunds Workington, to their depots saying that it aint essential haulage.

This keeps being batted about - I’ve heard similar - but I’m fairly sure it’s a load of ■■■■■■■■

It is not ‘illegal’ to move non-essential goods right now, therefore how can the police force prevent you from doing it?

The current guidance on gov.uk states:

As set out in the section on staying at home, you can travel for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home.

With the exception of the organisations covered above in the section on closing certain businesses and venues, the government has not required any other businesses to close – indeed it is important for business to carry on.

Employers and employees should discuss their working arrangements, and employers should take every possible step to facilitate their employees working from home, including providing suitable IT and equipment to enable remote working.

Sometimes this will not be possible, as not everyone can work from home. Certain jobs require people to travel to, from and for their work – for instance if they operate machinery, work in construction or manufacturing, or are delivering front line services.

We can’t drive a truck remotely - so that’s it. Following this guidance, you go to work and your employer (as stated in their guidance) makes arrangements to make sure employees are not at risk. As the government advice says ‘indeed it is important for business to carry on.’ e.g. money in, money out, vat/tax money to government etc.

This is before we open the can of worms of what is essential and what isn’t:

Timber/Wood - Not Essential
Roof insulation - Not Essential
Waste paper - Not essential

or:

Timber/Wood - To make chep pallets - is now essential
Roof insulation - to repair roof/false ceiling in care home/hospital/school that collapsed 2 days ago - is now essential
Waste paper - Council collections made as normal but none collected from the recycling facility for the past 3 weeks - is now essential

Think it is difficult to say what is essential and when, and I think the gov know this, and are keeping out of it and trusting the hauliers to do what is needed for now. I’m sure if it gets more serious and they decided companies are taking the ■■■■, things will change.

We don’t need no facts, logic or common sense in this thread Karl!

STAY . AT . HOME. :unamused:

the nodding donkey:

You are a silly billy.

Finished nightshift last night. Went to morrisons. Que at door car park was rammed. Wnt another mile to asda. Car park was ranmed. Police circled car park in van and left. Got my prvisions and went home as i was passing aldis same said police van was circuling car park.

No doubt gathering evidence that eveyone is just doinh as is.

We will have a bigger lockdown soon

It was last Friday, pre weekend that Boris shut the pubs preventing mass gatherings, and seeing as the country is enjoying nice weather at the moment I reckon it will be this Friday he announces a harder line curfew.

All they have to do is stay at home, no fishing no f uking about no using logic to consider if that non essential ramble is ok. It isn’t stay at f ucking home.
But it’s my daily exercise they cry, don’t worry this luxury will soon been removed.

Next week if all goes well the antibody test will be released give it another two weeks for it to become widely available (mainly Amazon) and the blithering stupid/selfish idiots can start to be released.

Unless of course things go the other way then we knackered.

There’s a lot of friendly fire candidates in this war as it is.

Dipper_Dave:
All they have to do is stay at home, no fishing no f uking about no using logic to consider if that non essential ramble is ok. It isn’t stay at f ucking home.

Please, can you people STOP with the fearmongering, making [zb] up to suit yourselves. :unamused:

theguardian.com/world/2020/ … e-lockdown

The Government Cabinet Office:
However, the Guardian checked with the Cabinet Office, which is overseeing restrictions on movement, and a spokeswoman confirmed that the guidelines did not prohibit driving somewhere for exercise or dog walking.

The mods should be putting a stop to all the nonsense that you fear peddlers are spewing out. :exclamation:

R420:

Dipper_Dave:

Please, can you people STOP with the fearmongering, making [zb] up to suit yourselves. :unamused:

However, the Guardian checked with the Cabinet Office, which is overseeing restrictions on movement, and a spokeswoman confirmed that the guidelines did not prohibit driving somewhere for exercise or dog walking.

The mods should be putting a stop to all the nonsense that you fear peddlers are spewing out. :exclamation:

Oh play nice your nose just out of joint because you thought fishing ok, stop being part of the problem…

Not being a hysterical woman crying to the mods be a good start to…

Dipper_Dave:

R420:

Dipper_Dave:

Oh play nice your nose just out of joint because you thought fishing ok, stop being part of the problem…

Not being a hysterical woman crying to the mods be a good start to…

+1

R420:
We don’t need no facts, logic or common sense in this thread Karl!

STAY . AT . HOME. :unamused:

Unfortunately there are plenty that don’t have any logic or common sense and that’s why they have to be TOLD. :unamused: