What lockdown?

So a couple or even a family that live in the same house all get in the same car and drive to a quiet spot in the countryside with no one around and go for a walk for an hour. If they do happen to meet other people out doing the same they keep their social distancing and at the end of their walk get back in their car and drive back to the house that they all live in together. Essential travel? Definitely not. Putting themselves or others at risk? Also no. So what’s the problem?

The legal profession reckon that there are annually spikes in couples seeking to divorce just after Christmas due to spending a week or two in each others company for a change.

There’ll be an absolute tsunami of divorces after this methinks.

They tried asking people nicely and they ignored it
They put the country on a basic lockdown that involved using common sense and its gotten ignored by ■■■■ takers

So whatll happen now is itll become marshall law and the police or army will be able to arrest anyone out “breaking curfew”.

We as a nation had the chance to behave like adults and blew it. The number of people who keep saying “Theres no law to stop me going out” is incredible

No wonder the governments treat us like idiotic children who need their thinking done for them

the maoster:
The legal profession reckon that there are annually spikes in couples seeking to divorce just after Christmas due to spending a week or two in each others company for a change.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
absolutely.
i get on great with my misses and we never tire of each others company ( honestly),but im aware there others i know that can only abide their misses in small doses .
when theyre working theyre ok,but on holiday or sick ect,then after a while this is only a matter of time.
im imagining mass seperations,divorces,and assaults at least as good as this below.

short version here
youtube.com/watch?v=wozfH3JXHTc

longer version to get you more in the mood here.
youtube.com/watch?v=FaOdjJK2ro0

for anyone interested,theres 3 seasons plus 1 film…great to watch once you get into it.
watch season 1 before the film though.

dreamingofoz:
So a couple or even a family that live in the same house all get in the same car and drive to a quiet spot in the countryside with no one around and go for a walk for an hour. If they do happen to meet other people out doing the same they keep their social distancing and at the end of their walk get back in their car and drive back to the house that they all live in together. Essential travel? Definitely not. Putting themselves or others at risk? Also no. So what’s the problem?

car with family/couple crashes, all now need NHS treatment/resources that can/should be better spent elsewhere :question: … its all about risk limitation, granted there is risk in everything. There are countless reports of the countryside/reserves/forrests rammed with people who have drove there when they should only be using the car for ESSENTIAL journeys i.e getting to work and shopping.

kevmac, my Dad has been doing the same as you. I think the issue the police have is people driving to places to exercise. Like i said, I’m sure most are just out in the sunshine under the guise of the allowed exercise.

Considering all the car showrooms are closed, there seems to be plenty car transporters on the motorways full of motors :unamused:

Knobs.

I suspect that the more severe lockdown will be in place this weekend.
I saw several caravans on the M5 Birmingham to Gloucester on Tuesday (both directions).
Now that B&Q have move to click and collect & home delivery only, the stuff they’re shifting is akin to an August bank holiday, ie: fencing, paving slabs etc. I had a ding dong with the tradepoint hihab driver at Trafford Park this morning when I asked him not to park in front of my truck as I was about to leave and would’ve probably taken his mirror off with the outswing of the trailer. The arrogant twunt wouldn’t move as he was running around the yard like a headless chicken. There’s only s’posed to be 1 truck in their yards at any time. There was four (inc me) in the yard plus forkies, all falling over each other trying to reload and get back out.

driver of our went up to inverness sunday with 4 big drums of power cable fore national grid.saw a few motorhomes on way up spoke to one couple.who said the was self isolating for 3 months.he said how u not got a solar panels on roof of the motorhome.they said what are solar panels he shock his head and walked back to his truck laughing

The-Snowman:
They tried asking people nicely and they ignored it
They put the country on a basic lockdown that involved using common sense and its gotten ignored by ■■■■ takers

So whatll happen now is itll become marshall law and the police or army will be able to arrest anyone out “breaking curfew”.

We as a nation had the chance to behave like adults and blew it. The number of people who keep saying “Theres no law to stop me going out” is incredible

No wonder the governments treat us like idiotic children who need their thinking done for them

Exactly this. :bulb:
Has anybody clocked dozy’s posts on Bullys btw.
Case in point. :laughing:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=164551

Colingl:

jakethesnake:
The other day he said he saw cars towing caravans …

Where I stay, there are are 3 couples were one half work in the NHS on the hospital wards. They’ve brought their caravans
home, parked them on the drive to allow them to continue living together at the home environment, but keep separate.

Very good but I doubt that’s why most are towing!

dieseldog999:

the maoster:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
absolutely.
i get on great with my misses and we never tire of each others company ( honestly),but im aware there others i know that can only abide their misses in small doses .
when theyre working theyre ok,but on holiday or sick ect,then after a while this is only a matter of time.
im imagining mass seperations,divorces,and assaults at least as good as this below.

short version here
youtube.com/watch?v=wozfH3JXHTc

longer version to get you more in the mood here.
youtube.com/watch?v=FaOdjJK2ro0

for anyone interested,theres 3 seasons plus 1 film…great to watch once you get into it.
watch season 1 before the film though.

I’m looking forward to spending a bit of time with my lovely Mrs. :sunglasses:
(Now whether she’s looking forward to spending time with me locked in the house is debatable. :laughing:)

dreamingofoz:

I know it’s unlikely to happen but the reason is if you are on your way to the countryside and you are involved in a collision you are then taking up valuable time from NHS workers.

jakethesnake:

dreamingofoz:

I know it’s unlikely to happen but the reason is if you are on your way to the countryside and you are involved in a collision you are then taking up valuable time from NHS workers.

RoSPA say most accidents happen at home…
Now I’m not saying that sitting on your sofa at home is more dangerous than standing in middle of the M1, or the toilet tissue aisle when the supermarket opens it’s doors, but let’s think about this.

maga:

dreamingofoz:

car with family/couple crashes, all now need NHS treatment/resources that can/should be better spent elsewhere :question: … its all about risk limitation, granted there is risk in everything. There are countless reports of the countryside/reserves/forrests rammed with people who have drove there when they should only be using the car for ESSENTIAL journeys i.e getting to work and shopping.

kevmac, my Dad has been doing the same as you. I think the issue the police have is people driving to places to exercise. Like i said, I’m sure most are just out in the sunshine under the guise of the allowed exercise.

This is a dumb argument and can easily be quoshed simply by the looking at the accident numbers from people falling off ladders and chopping limbs off when doing at DIY at home vs the accident numbers from people being out in the countryside. The former is many multiples higher than the latter. What do you think people will be doing when cooped up at home for weeks on end, especially when the DIY chains are all open? :bulb: 1 ambo being out of action for 2 hours recovering someone from ruralshire who’s fallen and broken their ankle vs 10 ambos in localshire from people falling off their roofs or chopped their finger off with the hedge trimmer? It all balances out and the “strain” on the NHS will be roughly the same.

Franglais:

jakethesnake:

dreamingofoz:

Now I’m not saying that sitting on your sofa at home is more dangerous than standing in middle of the M1, or the toilet tissue aisle when the supermarket opens it’s doors, but let’s think about this.

It wasn’t my idea but you can see their point. We were told to stay at home and not go for a run to the countryside in our car.

Why can’t people just follow simple advice instead of trying to do their own thing?

my local council have just blocked off the access roads to the dog walking/fishing dams around me…instantly theres now 30 or so cars that would normally be parked in the carpark are now parked along the road which has no parking restrictions on it with the same masses out waling and sitting next to each other fishing.
if theyre going to do it,then get on with it and do it right,or dont waste money and effort with the usual clusterballsup

jakethesnake:

Franglais:

jakethesnake:

dreamingofoz:

It wasn’t my idea but you can see their point. We were told to stay at home and not go for a run to the countryside in our car.

Why can’t people just follow simple advice instead of trying to do their own thing?

Now, that is summat else!

jakethesnake:

Franglais:

jakethesnake:

dreamingofoz:

You do realise that these restrictions will conveniently be kept on, after this supposed epidemic is gone? The one reason I’ve lived here for the last 30 years, which is freedom, has just been closed. Unlike you, I can still get out.

dieseldog999:
my local council have just blocked off the access roads to the dog walking/fishing dams around me…instantly theres now 30 or so cars that would normally be parked in the carpark are now parked along the road which has no parking restrictions on it with the same masses out waling and sitting next to each other fishing.
if theyre going to do it,then get on with it and do it right,or dont waste money and effort with the usual clusterballsup

Now just clamp all the cars parked on the road.
They are out getting exercise?
Let them walk home. Job done.

R420:

maga:

dreamingofoz:

This is a dumb argument and can easily be quoshed simply by the looking at the accident numbers from people falling off ladders and chopping limbs off when doing at DIY at home vs the accident numbers from people being out in the countryside. The former is many multiples higher than the latter. What do you think people will be doing when cooped up at home for weeks on end, especially when the DIY chains are all open? :bulb: 1 ambo being out of action for 2 hours recovering someone from ruralshire who’s fallen and broken their ankle vs 10 ambos in localshire from people falling off their roofs or chopped their finger off with the hedge trimmer? It all balances out and the “strain” on the NHS will be roughly the same.

It’s simple. You have been told to stay at home so ■■■■■■■ stay at home. It’s not hard.

You can have 1 piece of exercise a walk, jog or cycle ride. Why do you need to drive an hour out to an area 40 miles from nowhere to do that? People are being asked to do very little but can’t manage it. They have to go out because they are rock hard or just purely a ■■■■■ If people stay in the quicker we are out of this.

My Granda was shot at by ■■■■’s for 4 or 5 years as well as being away from home for that time. These ■■■■■ that are being asked to sit on their couch for a few months need to get with the programme