Weekly rest question

So as someone who has never been a full time driver this is a new one for me… I think I’ll be doing a cpc drivers hours day at some point as it’s embarrassing I am not confident with this.

I’ve worked:

Last week I had: Sat, Sun off as weekly rest.

This week I worked: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun Nights.

I have Wednesday night off as a reduced weekly rest.

I think that’s okay.

But can I work Monday - and take Tuesday/Wednesday at my weekly rest. I do I need to take Monday/Tuesday off?

I’m asking this as I think I need Monday/Tuesday off - but the agency are claiming I’m totally legally allowed to work Monday. For me I don’t really mind if I have Mon/Tues off or Tues/Wednesday. But I would like to understand what I am meant to do.

Cheers

I think that’s okay.

It is :smiley:

But can I work Monday - and take Tuesday/Wednesday at my weekly rest

Yes :smiley: - you can have a max of 144 hours between weekly rests

ROG:

I think that’s okay.

It is :smiley:

But can I work Monday - and take Tuesday/Wednesday at my weekly rest

Yes :smiley: - you can have a max of 144 hours between weekly rests

Cheers Rog.

It’s a bit embarrassing I don’t know this stuff. I learnt it all for my theory tests and then forgot the parts I never use. I reckon for me a day of training would go down well - and counts towards my next cpc so I’ll look into that.

Where I’m getting confused is the reference period of a week. I think it’s midnight Sunday to midnight Sunday. And in that period you have to have a weekly rest. So you couldn’t say take monday, tuesday off then work for 11 days straight you need to have it during that period. Am I correct in thinking this?

That question doesn’t really matter to my current situation. But it might matter going forward. I’m working at a supermarket on nights now and I’m trying to save up like a madman as I’m going travelling in January.

There are 168 hours in a week
Max between weekly rests is 144 hours

Regs work in hours not days or shifts