Weekend drinking limits

UKtramp:
■■■■■■ out me shed most Saturday eves, sober up all sunday. Some Saturdays I am only moderately ■■■■■■■ others I can’t stand up but not an alcoholic by any shot. Saturday night is more a social gathering, if we are not having a dinner party then I would happily have a glass of red with mrs tramp sat in the East Wing of the house, I can take or leave the stuff, tramping I am happy with a bottle of beer each evening with a meal and stop at that.

On your dinner party soirees do you partake of the fois gras before or after the port and sherry, or do you wait until the ladies retire to the parlour whilst you and the rest of the gents are smoking your Panamanian robusto cigars in the billiard room.

UKtramp:

robroy:
Well if that does happen you can deffo kick that into touch. :unamused:
I think the jobs turned to crap enough as it is over the yeare, without depriving the few of us left that aint lay by cab happy on a night out, of the social side of the job.

Well lets hope they do kick the drinking into touch for the sake of those that are not allowed to stop for a ■■■■■ make it easier on those ones.

I’ve covered that angle, bought a ‘‘Fighter Pilot’s piddle pack’’ (proper name I kid you not) from the Army surplus store, no need to ring my boss for permission anymore. :sunglasses:

piddlepack.jpg

robroy:
I’ve covered that angle, bought a ‘‘Fighter Pilot’s piddle pack’’ (proper name I kid you not) from the Army surplus store, no need to ring my boss for permission anymore. :sunglasses:

I knew you would come up with a work around rob, is it union approved?

If any of you come up to Scotland remember that the drink drive limit is much lower here.

Drink-drive limit should be zero, no question, then we’d all know how much we can drink.
It works in Sweden!

emmerson2:
Drink-drive limit should be zero, no question, then we’d all know how much we can drink.
It works in Sweden!

Typical Brit mentality ban every ■■■■ thing, or if you can’t ban it tax it. :unamused:
The drink drive laws are there to stop you driving whilst drunk, not to satisfy the morals and ideals of the ridiculously over cautious and the religious. :bulb:

AndrewG:

blue estate:
I never drink because I don’t like any thing :blush:
So my limit is zero

Much the same, very occasionally may have a bottle of sanmiguel or Corona but in the main it just gives me a headache so i avoid…

Although I would say,in my opinion, that San Miguel Zero is by far the best of the low/non alcohol beers out there.
It was very welcome after a July/August trip over to Morocco. I used to come off the ferry in the late evening, get some kip either at the services just behind Benalmadena or up near Malaga on an industrial estate and then plow on up as far past Barcelona as I could so I could stop early and enjoy the evening with some tapas and a few cold beers, I still pick up San Miguel Zero when it’s in stock at Tesco’s so I can have a guilt free beer on a Sunday night.

Edit: now remembering just how utterly ■■■■ UK services are to anything over in Europe, bloody embarrassing comparing places like Keele or Lymm to even the most basic offerings from Spain or France etc.
Used to stop at a place just over the border near Irun when going south that was just basic, but, always has freshly cooked food in the evening and fresh coffee and pastries in the morning, nothing out of a wrapper or from frozen from a truck that dropped it off in a cage overnight. All done at a good price, clean and no charge for parking.
AndrewG I am now jealous… :grimacing:

robroy:

emmerson2:
It works in Sweden!

Typical Brit mentality ban every [zb] thing, or if you can’t ban it tax it. :unamused:
The drink drive laws are there to stop you driving whilst drunk, not to satisfy the morals and ideals of the ridiculously over cautious and the religious. :bulb:

Rob, you’ll never satisfy the religious. The very nature of religion means they will always be trying to be better in order to satisfy whatever god they believe really does exist.

I’ve knocked imbibing on the head this last summer (don’t know if that’ll last when on my hols or rare extended time off :laughing: ) Just doesn’t go well in my job and too easy to innocently trip up or be shopped by the multitude of people waiting to see you fall and end up in prison for a long time. Especially with only a couple of days off. Now they’re on about spot tests. And unlike driving the limit in my work is so low you’d be dicing with losing everything if you had a meal with some un evaporated booze in it hours before.

Its way way lower than the driving limit yet sleep studies have said being awake 17 hours is like having 2 glasses of wine fresh in you. Funny the fatigue studies carried out in my job by experts omit that inconvenient truism. So most in my job will be at the equalent of 2-3 glasses of wine in tiredness at various stages. Yet that’s fine. That little fact seems to be forgotten by the high and mighty roaring with disapproval at the papers when they mention my job and alcohol test fails :unamused: .

Think it’s same on the trains. Not sure if they have insanely low limits. They have better rest and duty times so no 2-3 glasses of wine fatigue from being awake 20 hours. Not sure about ships. After the Exxon Valdez I think the states are mega hot on ship crew and booze (they’re mega hot on booze and transport full stop). Mate of mine said the UK flagged super tanker he was on was a dry boat. Don’t hear of the medical profession suffering the same fate - funny that one, we’d have no docs left :laughing:

robroy:

emmerson2:
It works in Sweden!

Typical Brit mentality ban every [zb] thing, or if you can’t ban it tax it. :unamused:

Drunk driver went the wrong way round a roundabout before colliding with me. Impossible to prove he wouldn’t have done that sober of course, but it’s changed my view on alcohol and driving. Simply put, it’s a choice. Either drink OR drive.

alamcculloch:
If any of you come up to Scotland remember that the drink drive limit is much lower here.

What a dichomoty. Yet the actually personal drinking limit is much higher there :laughing: . I remember getting sheeted with a Glaswegian years ago. Had to bug out after 8 plus chasers that knocked me down like cannons whilst he was barely warmed up. I think he thought Rab C Nesbit was some sort of puritan. Presume the roads must be deserted in the mornings over the border :laughing: :wink:

Very rarely drink at home these days, and not just because I’m very rarely at home, :laughing:
I will sometimes have a small beer or vin rouge in the evening if I’ve stopped somewhere decent, but really my alcohol intake although never much has reduced considerably over the last couple of years, not for any particular reason though but I have noticed I’ve lost weight since reducing the drinking.
However I can’t understand these people who say you shouldn’t drink anything the night before you go to work, when I do have a drink there is at least 8 hours between me finishing my drink and starting to drive and I should imagine a relaxed approach to life which includes the odd drink would mean a far safer driver than some stressed up moral crusader.

Captain Caveman 76:

robroy:

emmerson2:
It works in Sweden!

Drunk driver went the wrong way round a roundabout before colliding with me. Impossible to prove he wouldn’t have done that sober of course, but it’s changed my view on alcohol and driving. Simply put, it’s a choice. Either drink OR drive.

Yeh and he deserved to be done for driving DRUNK :bulb: .
I aint disputing that and definitely not advocating drink driving where judgement and ability is impeded.
(Don’t come back with the ‘stats’ that are manipulated to fit the bill either)

If I go for lunch on a Sunday with my Mrs, I do not drink as I’m driving, I’ll.have a coke.
The thing I object to is if the purist’s ban was to come in, ie zero tolerance.
So a pint taken 11 hours earlier where I am still 100% capable and safe to drive (despite what the alarmists and the Guardian may say :unamused: ) I lose my ■■■■ licence! …or for that matter a sherry bloody trifle or mouthwash will.also do the trick if these ott types get their way.
How is that logical and fair exactly ■■?
It’s like banning shops because there are a minority of shoplifters about…exactly same scenario and equally as ridiculous.
Anwer to it…Police it!..if that aint working, use Police man hours more effectively, like making those twunts who pose around driving a tractor unit with a camera, or the ones on the do called ‘safety’ vans do some proper Police work.

robroy:

Captain Caveman 76:

robroy:

emmerson2:
It works in Sweden!

Yeh and he deserved to be done for driving DRUNK, I aint disputing that and definitely not advocating drink driving.
If I go for lunch on a Sunday with my Mrs, I do not drink as I’m driving, I’ll.have a coke.
The thing I object to is if the purist’s ban was to come in, ie zero tolerance, a pint taken 11 hours earlier where I am still 100% capable and safe to drive (despite what the alarmists and the Guardian may say :unamused: ) I lose my [zb] licence! …or for that matter a sherry bloody trifle or mouthwash.
How is that logical and fair exactly ■■?

+1. It’s a joke. I get how they started, they didn’t want ■■■■■■ people operating machinery. But now it’s going to the point where people are getting in trouble for residue levels. As for the argument about any level affecting you that’s why you can go to prison for it. Well that’s a joke. Theyre quite happy in some jobs to have people who’ve been awake most of a full day with only a 2 hour fitful cat nap to keep it legal. So if they’re really into this “things that affect you which should land you in gaol” then where’s the revised duty and rest times in my job, or tests for the terminally stupid on the roads, tests for imbiciles or a test to see if someone doesn’t have any a brain cell? :smiley:

"Sir, blow into this bag please, let’s see how stupid you are :laughing: "

Exactly…you beat me before I edited my post.
They always come back with these claims …Scientists have proven this that and the other.
I don’t care what any survey or claim says, if you have adequate sleep and rest after a SMALL amount of alchohol, you are able to drive as good as if you had nothing…get ■■■■ real.
It would be more appropriate for drivers to be jailed for having 6 hours sleep during a 9 hour rest after 15 hours, then getting back behind the wheel of 44 tonnes with eyes like sheep’s 2 ats. :imp:

The only reason pubs closed early was because of the war, it took many years before drinking hours were relaxed, apart from Belgium most nationalities are sensible about 24 hr opening, until you get the Brits abroad. Watneys and SAN Miguel chasers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norfolkinclue1:

AndrewG:

blue estate:
I never drink because I don’t like any thing :blush:
So my limit is zero

Much the same, very occasionally may have a bottle of sanmiguel or Corona but in the main it just gives me a headache so i avoid…

Although I would say,in my opinion, that San Miguel Zero is by far the best of the low/non alcohol beers out there.
It was very welcome after a July/August trip over to Morocco. I used to come off the ferry in the late evening, get some kip either at the services just behind Benalmadena or up near Malaga on an industrial estate and then plow on up as far past Barcelona as I could so I could stop early and enjoy the evening with some tapas and a few cold beers, I still pick up San Miguel Zero when it’s in stock at Tesco’s so I can have a guilt free beer on a Sunday night.

Edit: now remembering just how utterly [zb] UK services are to anything over in Europe, bloody embarrassing comparing places like Keele or Lymm to even the most basic offerings from Spain or France etc.
Used to stop at a place just over the border near Irun when going south that was just basic, but, always has freshly cooked food in the evening and fresh coffee and pastries in the morning, nothing out of a wrapper or from frozen from a truck that dropped it off in a cage overnight. All done at a good price, clean and no charge for parking.
AndrewG I am now jealous… :grimacing:

Theres a little bar in Nerja within walking distance of my villa the H2O bar, its like the bar at the end of the film Ice Cold in Alex, high topped bar with marble top and the barman in a white jacket…serves the best San Miguel on draught in all of Spain (imho) in an ice cold frozen glass. Looking out over the med on a balmy summers evening with drink in hand is just heaven :sunglasses: Shame i cant drink though, two of those and im done in and its uphill on the way home… :blush:

AndrewG:
Theres a little bar in Nerja within walking distance of my villa the H2O bar, its like the bar at the end of the film Ice Cold in Alex, high topped bar with marble top and the barman in a white jacket…serves the best San Miguel on draught in all of Spain (imho) in an ice cold frozen glass. Looking out over the med on a balmy summers evening with drink in hand is just heaven :sunglasses: Shame i cant drink though, two of those and im done in and its uphill on the way home… :blush:

Sounds horrendous Andrew, thank god I am not in your shoes.