Wed 10/1 J25 - J26, M6 closed

toby1234abc:
It is an internet forum and your welcome to express your views on the subject.
Whether it was a medical condition or mechanical failure, the fact remains that he was tailgating .
To the posters that called me names, that means you also tailgate.
Then you cry like babies when cars brake test you in the roadworks .
How do you know if I witnessed it ?
Shout and swear all you want, see if I care.

This is Carryfast logic, plain and simple. It suggests a very limited understanding of driving, and of life in general.

The fact remains: You should be ashamed of yourself for what you had to say about the now-deceased driver.

robroy:

truckyboy:
RIP driver…sorry to say, but normally when someone rear ends another…its normally driving too close and too fast…and lack of concentration or all three…these accidents need never happen if drivers became more aware…this might upset a few, but will they ever learn…i read it time and time again…how drivers are pushed to the max hours…given too many drops etc etc…maybe if drivers learnt to slow down…many of these may not happen and more will get home safely.

I don’t know any details about the poor lad who lost his life, so I aint going to comment on that RTA unless I know more.

That aside I’ve got to agree with you TB.
There are many [zb] idiots in this job, who are idiots for different reasons.
Such as…

The ‘‘Look at me in my big truck’’ ones, who sit on the limiter all [zb] day and drive their trucks like boy racers, teararsing round roundabouts etc with zero consideration for anybody else.

The ‘‘I’m too timid to say NO’’ idiots who will attempt and usually succeed to achieve any unreasonable schedule set by their boss
…The world won’t end if your bog rolls are 10 mins late at Tescos ffs! :unamused:

The ‘‘Hero’’ type idiots who aint got time to stop for a ■■■■ who think they are on some constant race against time competition come endurance excercise, who max out to 8.59 secs and park up in the first unfit for purpose crap hole, with alarm set for 8.55 to start the whole ball ache process again until end of week, …or until they have their inevitable heart attack.

The ‘‘Terminally thick’’ idiots who will never be drivers as long as they have arse cracks.

Then the combination of all 4 types which should be avoided at all costs. :open_mouth: :imp:

As long as these cretins are among us there will always be serious accidents and/or fatalities on our UK roads.
Got to say when you look around, that pile of crap aka the DCPC definitely aint worked has it. :unamused:

Big +1

Some on here are reacting as if you are related the driver, it is similar to the outpouring of grief when Diana died in Paris.
They didn’t know her.
There is no camaraderie anymore, that is what I see on daily basis.
For example,a truck is entering the motorway on the slip road.
Im in lane one, with wagons in lane two.
A wagon a few feet behind me.
The wagon entering the motorway gives me the horn, light test and offer of Gareth Hunts finest coffee beans because he could not adjust his speed .
He guns it to the end of the slip, hoping that three of us in lane one are going to take evasive action, by anchoring up and shoot your load over.
Best regards , the mumbling village idiot.

Yesterday morning I came through the location where this happened, and was gobsmacked to see another truck from the same company tailgating the truck in front, I’d have thought that losing one of their own, it might have woken up their other drivers, obviously not.

robroy:

truckyboy:
RIP driver…sorry to say, but normally when someone rear ends another…its normally driving too close and too fast…and lack of concentration or all three…these accidents need never happen if drivers became more aware…this might upset a few, but will they ever learn…i read it time and time again…how drivers are pushed to the max hours…given too many drops etc etc…maybe if drivers learnt to slow down…many of these may not happen and more will get home safely.

I don’t know any details about the poor lad who lost his life, so I aint going to comment on that RTA unless I know more.

That aside I’ve got to agree with you TB.
There are many [zb] idiots in this job, who are idiots for different reasons.
Such as…

The ‘‘Look at me in my big truck’’ ones, who sit on the limiter all [zb] day and drive their trucks like boy racers, teararsing round roundabouts etc with zero consideration for anybody else.

The ‘‘I’m too timid to say NO’’ idiots who will attempt and usually succeed to achieve any unreasonable schedule set by their boss
…The world won’t end if your bog rolls are 10 mins late at Tescos ffs! :unamused:

The ‘‘Hero’’ type idiots who aint got time to stop for a ■■■■ who think they are on some constant race against time competition come endurance excercise, who max out to 8.59 secs and park up in the first unfit for purpose crap hole, with alarm set for 8.55 to start the whole ball ache process again until end of week, …or until they have their inevitable heart attack.

The ‘‘Terminally thick’’ idiots who will never be drivers as long as they have arse cracks.

Then the combination of all 4 types which should be avoided at all costs. :open_mouth: :imp:

As long as these cretins are among us there will always be serious accidents and/or fatalities on our UK roads.
Got to say when you look around, that pile of crap aka the DCPC definitely aint worked has it. :unamused:

Good post RR, I now spend most of my time going 50 mph and I’m amazed at the steady stream of lorries going pass me all clearly too close to each other because they don’t want to waste a few seconds by sitting back a little, it’s the same on a s/c you go along at 48 and there’s a wagon right up me arse in fact he’s so close he had to ride the cats eyes to see round me.

I find it really sad that they just can’t hang back, slow down relax and enjoy the day more.

Just wondering - if you slipstream the truck in front does it help with the old Fleetboard malarkey - fuel consumption etc?

If it does then perhaps thats part of the answer.

toby1234abc:
Some on here are reacting as if you are related the driver, it is similar to the outpouring of grief when Diana died in Paris.
They didn’t know her.
The wagon entering the motorway gives me the horn, light test and offer of Gareth Hunts finest coffee beans because he could not adjust his speed .
He guns it to the end of the slip, hoping that three of us in lane one are going to take evasive action, by anchoring up and shoot your load over.

You are right mate. There is no camaraderie anymore.

I’ve even heard of drivers mocking recently deceased drivers…

Who said i was mocking him, you did not see the accident, did you ?

the 2 front vehicles were stationary. the rear Scania hit the Middle one at full speed. hence no cab left no effort made to stop.

toby1234abc:
Who said i was mocking him, you did not see the accident, did you ?

You called him a " tail-gating muppet ".

Sounds like mocking to me…

emmashemmer:
the 2 front vehicles were stationary. the rear Scania hit the Middle one at full speed. hence no cab left no effort made to stop.

You have evidence of this?

toby1234abc:
They didn’t know her.

A good driver will (if observing far enough ahead) see said driver on slip road and assess accordingly. If u are so aware of said bellend up ur arse and drives on outside why can’t u adjust for the other drive on slip road. Few clicks off the cruise, gentle touch of brake lights and there is no drama, everybody merges, everybody cracks on. I understand it might be frustrating that u have to switch out of plant pot/veg mode for a few seconds but hey u are a “professional” after all.

The real Biffo:
Yesterday morning I came through the location where this happened, and was gobsmacked to see another truck from the same company tailgating the truck in front, I’d have thought that losing one of their own, it might have woken up their other drivers, obviously not.

Yes unfortunately this type of driving is far more prevalent than drivers taking ill at the wheel. It makes me cringe when I see how relaxed some drivers look when they are far too close to the vehicle in front!
It just beggars belief that they do not learn. Probably think it will never happen to them or maybe they just don’t think at all.

toby1234abc:
They didn’t know her.

You’re just embarrasing yourself now Toby by trying to regain some credibility …but making a complete balls of it.

When did anybody on this thread react as if they were related, and/or go over the top showing grief?

Your example of ■■■■ poor truck driving is spot on, but wtf has it to do with a guy losing his life,.and why do you make out as if you know that the guy died by some irresponsible driving manouvre, none of us knows what happened, it’s all pure speculation.

There is such a word as empathy. :bulb:
Whether he was driving a truck, car or bike, and whether or not he was the best or the worse driver in the world, (and in fact whoever he was) his death is no excuse for gloating and using examples of bad driving as an excuse to justify it.

Socketset:
Just wondering - if you slipstream the truck in front does it help with the old Fleetboard malarkey - fuel consumption etc?

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Surely you are not suggesting that some drivers are so ■■■■ terminally stupid that they risk injury or death just to look good on a ■■■■ fleetboard?? :open_mouth:

God I hope not, because if that IS true, things in this job, and drivers, now are much worse than even I thought they were.

As I have posted before.Although now retired 3 years from HGVs I spend a lot of time driving around in my car.Having started with the heavies in 1968 I recall there were plenty of idiots around at that time.Come 2014 when I worked permanent nights life was becoming almost dangerous;some trucks appeared to be welded together they were so close.I retired because I thought the DCPC was an insult to me,as for increasing standards and the appreciation we would receive both from our managers and the motoring public for our collective professionalism;well we all know what happened to that as can be seen daily.

robroy:

Socketset:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Surely you are not suggesting that some drivers are so [zb] terminally stupid that they risk injury or death just to look good on a [zb] fleetboard?? :open_mouth:

God I hope not, because if that IS true, things in this job, and drivers, now are much worse than even I thought they were.

And I hope not, Rob but bumper sniffing has never actually got you there any quicker and never will.

(It’s one of my pet hates btw). :imp:

There was no time to do anything, because the slip road he was on was very short.
A poor design of a slip road .
As I came around the bend of the motorway, you have no clear view of joining traffic , which don’t have right of way to pull out, until its clear to do so.
The point I’m making is, the truck on the slip road should adjust his speed .
He used the momentum of the down hill slope to then expect everyone to get out of his way.

They’re just dim.
Nothing more nothing less.

toby1234abc:
There was no time to do anything, because the slip road he was on was very short.
A poor design of a slip road .
As I came around the bend of the motorway, you have no clear view of joining traffic , which don’t have right of way to pull out, until its clear to do so.
The point I’m making is, the truck on the slip road should adjust his speed .
He used the momentum of the down hill slope to then expect everyone to get out of his way.

We all got your point Toby, it was your crass attitude towards the driver who died that was the problem.
My lad once came very close to losing his life in a car, the last thing I would have wanted then was some thoughtless prick saying he deserved it.
Brain/speak/in gear. :bulb: