Was this the lorry that Finished British lorries

Wheel Nut:
Edward Heath was a brilliant musician and accomplished yachtsman, but a bloody hapless conservative leader. He signed us up to the EEC and Decimal Currency. Oh, and he sacked Enoch!

I was very young at the time but i always thought he was a bit Doris Day too ,he should have been shot for signing us up to the EEC

ramone:

Dave the Renegade:

ramone:
I remember as a kid in the early 70s of strikes sitting in the dark miners holding the country to ransome and a spineless Harold Wilson giving in .Enter Maggie to try and sort the mess out Yes she made mistakes but her ideas were honourable.All the people who lived in council estates had the chance to buy their own homes most did she also encouraged people to start their own businesses many did .She stood firm with miners and went toe to toe with Scargill who did more damage to the mining industry than she ever did.Today we have Cameron who is trying to clean up Blair (whos wife became a multi millionaire through the human rights law)and Browns mess .Ive got my hard hat on in anticipation of the backlash

It was Edward Heath that was Prime Minister during the miners strikes of 1972 and 1974 and Jame Callaghan in office during the winter of discontent in 1979.Harold Wilson wasn’t in office during a miners strike.I blame Thatcher and Blair for running this country down with Cameron taking it into deeper trouble.

What would you suggest Cameron does ,carry on spending money we havent got just like the government he followed? Last week the uproar of the RBS boss receiving £1 million bonus , and milliband demanding he shouldn`t take it.Whether he should have taken it or not it was part of his t&cs when he took the job if he reached his targets.The RBS has a committee who run the bank and are responsible for all decisions ,now who put this committe in place yep Labour. Just think of the uproar you would have if other workers from different sectors were denied what they were promised if they worked hard and hit their targets.The amount is obscene but its what the committee promised before he took the job.Do you think he will stick around ? I my opinion most MPs are the same , they ■■■■ in different pots but they are all linked into 1 big cespit.The only time you never hear them argue in parliment is when it comes to them agreeing to their self imposed annual pay rises

Ramone I didn’t say that labour were better than the tories if you read my post again.I don’t rate Cameron and I don’t rate Milliband or any of the others,they are all career politicians.

ramone:

Wheel Nut:
Edward Heath was a brilliant musician and accomplished yachtsman, but a bloody hapless conservative leader. He signed us up to the EEC and Decimal Currency. Oh, and he sacked Enoch!

I was very young at the time but i always thought he was a bit Doris Day too ,he should have been shot for signing us up to the EEC

Doris Day will be shocked :stuck_out_tongue:

Everyone loves a sailor.

Dave the Renegade:

ramone:

Dave the Renegade:

ramone:
I remember as a kid in the early 70s of strikes sitting in the dark miners holding the country to ransome and a spineless Harold Wilson giving in .Enter Maggie to try and sort the mess out Yes she made mistakes but her ideas were honourable.All the people who lived in council estates had the chance to buy their own homes most did she also encouraged people to start their own businesses many did .She stood firm with miners and went toe to toe with Scargill who did more damage to the mining industry than she ever did.Today we have Cameron who is trying to clean up Blair (whos wife became a multi millionaire through the human rights law)and Browns mess .Ive got my hard hat on in anticipation of the backlash

It was Edward Heath that was Prime Minister during the miners strikes of 1972 and 1974 and Jame Callaghan in office during the winter of discontent in 1979.Harold Wilson wasn’t in office during a miners strike.I blame Thatcher and Blair for running this country down with Cameron taking it into deeper trouble.

What would you suggest Cameron does ,carry on spending money we havent got just like the government he followed? Last week the uproar of the RBS boss receiving £1 million bonus , and milliband demanding he shouldn`t take it.Whether he should have taken it or not it was part of his t&cs when he took the job if he reached his targets.The RBS has a committee who run the bank and are responsible for all decisions ,now who put this committe in place yep Labour. Just think of the uproar you would have if other workers from different sectors were denied what they were promised if they worked hard and hit their targets.The amount is obscene but its what the committee promised before he took the job.Do you think he will stick around ? I my opinion most MPs are the same , they ■■■■ in different pots but they are all linked into 1 big cespit.The only time you never hear them argue in parliment is when it comes to them agreeing to their self imposed annual pay rises

Ramone I didn’t say that labour were better than the tories if you read my post again.I don’t rate Cameron and I don’t rate Milliband or any of the others,they are all career politicians.

Yeah i know you didn`t and i agree with you but i think Cameron has got a thankless job especially with the clown he is forced to work with.I often read your posts and find you 1 of the more interesting and sensible contributors :slight_smile:

Wheel Nut:

ramone:

Wheel Nut:

Doris Day will be shocked :stuck_out_tongue:

Everyone loves a sailor.

LOL

ramone:

Dave the Renegade:

ramone:

Dave the Renegade:

ramone:

Yeah i know you didn`t and i agree with you but i think Cameron has got a thankless job especially with the clown he is forced to work with.I often read your posts and find you 1 of the more interesting and sensible contributors :slight_smile:

What are you trying to borrow ? :laughing: :laughing:
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

ramone:

Dave the Renegade:

ramone:

Dave the Renegade:

ramone:

What are you trying to borrow ? :laughing: :laughing:
Cheers Dave.

Ha ha :laughing:

oldsid:

Wheel Nut:
In 1979, these were the lorries we were driving with great memories of them.

Can someone name me a decent British built W plate lorry during Maggies Tenure?

There are still some great ERF and Fodens out there but look what was offered by the other manufacturers.

Aye your right I was weened on F7,s and F10,s I had thought of going on my own around .86 and there used to be a dealer on the A64 between leeds and Bramham who had a V8 scania with tipping gear on it for sale, nearly bought it in haste and glad I didnt but its along story. Scannies were the creme then but having been away twenty years they now seem a bit of a joke as far as I can make out or have I got it wrong. I drive an Actros and its a bit different to the 1628 I had once

Its was people like you oldsid,with that attitude that finished the uk!!!.

scaniaontheroad:

oldsid:

Wheel Nut:
In 1979, these were the lorries we were driving with great memories of them.

Can someone name me a decent British built W plate lorry during Maggies Tenure?

There are still some great ERF and Fodens out there but look what was offered by the other manufacturers.

Aye your right I was weened on F7,s and F10,s I had thought of going on my own around .86 and there used to be a dealer on the A64 between leeds and Bramham who had a V8 scania with tipping gear on it for sale, nearly bought it in haste and glad I didnt but its along story. Scannies were the creme then but having been away twenty years they now seem a bit of a joke as far as I can make out or have I got it wrong. I drive an Actros and its a bit different to the 1628 I had once

Its was people like you oldsid,with that attitude that finished the uk!!!.

Youll need to run that by me in a little more detail :smiley:

I really can’t believe that some posters are blaming Thatcher FFS! :open_mouth: :confused: Unless you were in a different country to me the decline started in the 70s when all industry was being held to ransome by the unions & towards the end of the decade Britain was [zb]! big time , so lets imagine Michael Foot being elected in 1979 , Britains industry would be thriving now no doubt!! :unamused: :unamused:

mazz:
I really can’t believe that some posters are blaming Thatcher FFS! :open_mouth: :confused: Unless you were in a different country to me the decline started in the 70s when all industry was being held to ransome by the unions & towards the end of the decade Britain was [zb]! big time , so lets imagine Michael Foot being elected in 1979 , Britains industry would be thriving now no doubt!! :unamused: :unamused:

Or if Enoch had worked at 1 of the British lorry manufacturers he could have forseen the future and saved at least 1 of them its not like his speech didnt come true is it :smiley:

How come during Maggies time as PM we brought houses new lorries new motor bikes could afford to go out every weekend and had a smile.If she was so bad how did we do this?
We had Fodens & could not get spares sowe brought Volvos simple.

tribsa:
How come during Maggies time as PM we brought houses new lorries new motor bikes could afford to go out every weekend and had a smile.If she was so bad how did we do this?
We had Fodens & could not get spares sowe brought Volvos simple.

I have often wondered that, most of my schoolmates lived in council houses, now they own them, so do their parents.

I was certainly better off than I am now.

See the trouble is there are folk that have been brainwashed into the mindset that the Labour party " are for the working man " :confused: so no matter what happens when they are in power… it will always be the tory parties fault ,even though recent history shows that the tories have had to sort out the almighty mess that Labour has left us in (such as Callaghans & Mr Browns )

Same old story - things still happening - no one learns the lesson

Out here in Oz, I bought my son a new Triumph Daytona m/cycle. Be proud, by british we thought.

Bike was stolen & then recovered end November 2011 - here we are, February, still waiting for spare tank and fairing to arrive for repairs ! That’s how it was with British trucks in the '70’s and yes the unions were destroying those of us who had put our houses on the line to borrow start up finance and try and get ahead…

OzzyHugh:
Same old story - things still happening - no one learns the lesson

Out here in Oz, I bought my son a new Triumph Daytona m/cycle. Be proud, by british we thought.

Bike was stolen & then recovered end November 2011 - here we are, February, still waiting for spare tank and fairing to arrive for repairs ! That’s how it was with British trucks in the '70’s and yes the unions were destroying those of us who had put our houses on the line to borrow start up finance and try and get ahead…

Like a good druggie would say, Change your dealer, Triumph Bloor Stylee are nothing like the leaky engines & days of Meriden and Small Heath

Odd Random Facts
Did you know that Triumph Motorcycles were originally German? The Germans bombed the factory, hence the move to Meriden in 1942

When I first put that picture of the F86 cabbed F4 I thought it might start a bit of a debate on weather it was the first lorry from overseas that led to the later invasion, now it seems we have a political war going on, oh well!!!, still an interesting picture I thought.

Some more stuff about the Volvo:
volvotrucks.com/trucks/globa … d_F85.aspx

thank god!!! was starting to I had logged onto politics half hour!!!..less crap about politics, more pics of old wagons please. ta :slight_smile:

Maybe if just 1 british manufacturer had built a decent cab that was warm and quiet it may have been a different story