Virginia int transport wages

switchlogic:
No, its because any mention of wages on here turns into a bitchfest. You could be on a grand a week and some Muppet pipes up ‘I wouldn’t get out of bed for that’. If people could be grown up about it then fine, I’d tell you myself, but they can’t so I wont.

Or they were earning that 20 years ago blah blah. I don’t get the obsession of what an individual earns, I get asked every day by someone my neighbours included it’s like ■■■■ off ring me boss ask what her offer you but what he’s paying me has ■■■■ all to do with you I find it bloody rude. Besides it’s not all about how much you earn it’s how clever you are with what you earn. I have friends who earn a lot more than me and have ■■■■ all.

DonutUK:
No wonder the jobs [zb]…drivers can’t even share info amongst themselves without ■■■■■■■■ and playing Johnny big time bananas!

The problem is that we’re not just sharing it among ourselves, this is an internet forum so your sharing it with anyone on the planet who has internet access.

I’d gladly discuss wages with a friend, but not hundreds, even thousands of people I don’t know. As ‘Switch’ said, you could be on a grand a week basic and some nugget on £300 a week will spout off with the usual “I wouldn’t get outa bed for less than £1,200 a week, £60 a night out, £40 a day meal allowance & another £40 a day for being the best driver in Northern Europe”.

The world is full of people earning much more money than me.

bigr250:

DonutUK:
No wonder the jobs [zb]…drivers can’t even share info amongst themselves without ■■■■■■■■ and playing Johnny big time bananas!

The problem is that we’re not just sharing it among ourselves, this is an internet forum so your sharing it with anyone on the planet who has internet access.

I’d gladly discuss wages with a friend, but not hundreds, even thousands of people I don’t know. As ‘Switch’ said, you could be on a grand a week basic and some nugget on £300 a week will spout off with the usual “I wouldn’t get outa bed for less than £1,200 a week, £60 a night out, £40 a day meal allowance & another £40 a day for being the best driver in Northern Europe”.

The world is full of people earning much more money than me.

Yep, and I normaly get lumbered with them, I know that are a few good jobs in transport, but most pay roughly the same, and there is a reason for this, its the economy off haulage, and the average seems to be around £9 per hour with a couple off quid an hour more for overtime if your lucky, giving you between £500-£600 a week before deductions, tell it like it is :unamused: .

PS I’m on £300 a day :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

PPS I’ve been driving “professionaly” for 28years, so when you tell me all this crap about blah blah wages blah blah coned off 15 bays etc, I’ve not really fell asleep, I’m hoping that when I open my eyes again you’ll have cleared off :unamused: .

switchlogic:
No, its because any mention of wages on here turns into a bitchfest. You could be on a grand a week and some Muppet pipes up ‘I wouldn’t get out of bed for that’. If people could be grown up about it then fine, I’d tell you myself, but they can’t so I wont.

you could be on a grand a fortnight and only then id believe you. virginias wages are no secret kevin usually offers a job to the congregation after mass.

Seeing as Virginias only usually advertise for drivers based in Ireland what they pay should be of little concern to most on here.

ellies dad:

switchlogic:

you could be on a grand a fortnight and only then id believe you. virginias wages are no secret kevin usually offers a job to the congregation after mass.

Who’s Kevin?

switchlogic:

ellies dad:

switchlogic:

Who’s Kevin?

Perry’s mate :wink:

l.o.l good one comedy programme for those who dont know. as for wages in ireland all about the same you dont look at hourly pay on long haul .u have to like the job its a personal thing if u want 14pounds per hour u gonna be cab hopping on agency work and thats good if u like it but some guys have done european all of there driving career and hourly pay isnt important. such as me just returned from canada and going straight back european for couple of yrs because i like it and top end isnt the only thing to consider :smiley:

switchlogic:
Who’s Kevin?

My perfect cousin!

You’ll be way too young for that one Luke. :smiley:

What about jimmy jimmy

the maoster:

switchlogic:
Who’s Kevin?

My perfect cousin!

:smiley:

Yeah, but what you like to do, he doesn’t!

I wish I could say I was too young!!

I feel your pain Brother.

the maoster:

switchlogic:
Who’s Kevin?

My perfect cousin!

You’ll be way too young for that one Luke. :smiley:

That Kevin, :cry: he always beat me at subbuteo, cos he flicked to kick, and i did’nt know.

kevin cole ted.

ellies dad:
kevin cole ted.

Hmmm, he doesn’t have much to do with recruiting drivers though, being 21 and just having become a driver himself. You must be thinking of someone else.

i didnt say he did just letting you know i know what the wages are. unless you think a family member is lying.

ellies dad:
i didnt say he did just letting you know i know what the wages are. unless you think a family member is lying.

I do apologise, when you said -

ellies dad:
kevin usually offers a job to the congregation after mass.

I assume you meant he offers people jobs left right and centre. I clearly took you too literally. Thanks for letting me know you know what our wages are though, I’m sure I’ll find that knowledge very useful in future…

im sure you regret me making it public knowledge.i know i would.

My cusion works for a largeish irish firm that does uk/euro work and the money to be fair isnt great compared to the area where im from but he said thats about the going rate for the job in Ireland and thats where he lives.
Its like compareing a job with a firm in the London area with one in northern Scotland. The London one will probaly pay more but obviously housing costs etc will be much dearer.

ellies dad:
im sure you regret me making it public knowledge.i know i would.

Ha, yeah right. Grow up. :wink: