Van driver earning more than class 1 driver

Personally, I’ve always thought office staff should be better paid than drivers if they show themselves to be competent. Good office staff are worth their weight in gold!

TiredAndEmotional:
Personally, I’ve always thought office staff should be better paid than drivers if they show themselves to be competent. Good office staff are worth their weight in gold!

That’s a lot of gold in my case :laughing:

Sorry but i beg to differ .Some office people are just foul.“Especially in Haulage”
not pointed at anyone here .

Beetlejuice:
Sorry but i beg to differ .Some office people are just foul.“Especially in Haulage”
not pointed at anyone here .

Some of them are, no argument there. Of course some of us duck through doors so as not to bash our halos :laughing:

My son in law drives a van they don’t get much & don’t qualify for benefit top up since they changed the rules the firm he works for advertised for a 7.5 t driver paying £7.80 ph when asked why so low because he can pay that & know someone will do it

I have never worked for Ramage so can’t comment on there working pay & conditions although have met Robin & his sidekick Denise ( who mainly runs the place now ) & have seen the Bentley parked outside he has been going a long time he pay that wage because he know he can but unfortunately up here in the North east wages are lower than other parts of the country

I remember having just passed my Class 1 3.5 yrs ago & going for an interview at Ramage as I was desperate to get a years experience under my belt. When I was informed of the hourly rate (£7.50) I politely declined & walked. Found another job a couple of days later paying £9 ph job & knock (days) where I stayed for a year & moved on & up the pay scale.

TiredAndEmotional:

Not only pay but half the reason we dont have drivers leave. Tbf i dont know any incompetant driver and that includes three woman (mine inc as shes taken to reading this forum :stuck_out_tongue: ) but everyone is left to get on with it, no chasing, no hassling, paperwork, hook up and go and the only time you’ll get a call is if its to divert. The office staff were all drivers at one point inc no.1 Hombre who’s as down to earth as they come…

AndrewG:

TiredAndEmotional:

Not only pay but half the reason we dont have drivers leave. Tbf i dont know any incompetant driver and that includes three woman (mine inc as shes taken to reading this forum :stuck_out_tongue: ) but everyone is left to get on with it, no chasing, no hassling, paperwork, hook up and go and the only time you’ll get a call is if its to divert. The office staff were all drivers at one point inc no.1 Hombre who’s as down to earth as they come…

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head there. Former drivers always seem to make the best office bods.