Unautherised device

hmmmm looks like it was either a joke or they didnt like the answers an tried to take the original question off which when Quoted dont go away PLONKER

DonutUK:
Sorry, but this stinks of a wind up to me.

nick2008:
hmmmm looks like it was either a joke or they didnt like the answers an tried to take the original question off which when Quoted dont go away PLONKER

Or perhaps he/she realised that asking about it on a public forum that VOSA might well read wasn’t the most sensible thing to do… :slight_smile:

Paul

I thought I might have got an answere from somebody who had been in the same position, whilst some of the posts were helpfull others seemd to be from wanabe tc’s tryin to preach the law, as for leavin commnts like plonker, that’s adult init. SCROAT

tam:
I as for leavin commnts like plonker, that’s adult init. SCROAT

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: You couldn’t make it up. Mr Pot meet Mr Kettle. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Tam the VOSA guy may of mislead you. He may not report you to the TC but that does not mean the TC will not find out, you could very well get banned.

tonyb70:

dieseldave:

ROG:
‘…Is it me or does anyone else find it incredible that a driver would want to, or need to do such things…’

‘…Errr, …no ROG, it’s just you…’

‘…No. I’m with Rog…’

I’m with Rog too: This aint the Wild West, fellas!

Happy Keith:

tonyb70:

dieseldave:

ROG:
‘…Is it me or does anyone else find it incredible that a driver would want to, or need to do such things…’

‘…Errr, …no ROG, it’s just you…’

‘…No. I’m with Rog…’

I’m with Rog too: This aint the Wild West, fellas!

Agreed mate. :smiley:

However, before anybody gets themselves all fired up over this topic, I’ll take an opportunity to explain my comment…

The fitting of ‘wires,’ interrupter devices and magnets is completely illegal and I wouldn’t condone or support the practice in any way whatsoever…

Having said that, those who live in the real world already realise that these practices do happen. :wink:
People are entitled to make choices, the OP made a choice, now he’ll see whether it was a good choice and whether there are to be any consequences.

Coffeeholic:

tam:
I as for leavin commnts like plonker, that’s adult init. SCROAT

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: You couldn’t make it up. Mr Pot meet Mr Kettle. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

PMSL wheres me elmit :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think you are well in front mate, if you had an accident and killed a person when you had a wire on your tacho and speed limiter not working you would go to the nick for quite a while, think of it as vosa have done you a favour.

good man tam. you are getting the job done whatever it takes. there’s [zb] all wrong with running bent, as long as you do it safely.
but why did you give the evidence to vosa? would a murderer give his blood soaked knife to a copper?
if you are sat in your truck, then you could be on a break, so tell them you are on a break and they will have to wait. by this time you will have made a manual record and removed the wire.

don’t plead guilty. plea bargaining isn’t legal in the UK, but your brief will tell you he can get you a lighter sentence if you do, it’s a crock of[zb]. they make more money from the legal aid system when people plead guilty, it’s more in more out. instead of a drawn out trial.

easy as pie.

alright limephil, thanks for the reply, your obviously sombody who lives in the real world. no many of the previous posters will like the well done post. i know running bent is nothing to be proud of or boast aboot and its only likley to be done under extreme circumstances. i was at court the other day and got what i would say was fairly lienient fine never lost my license or my job so as for the other rocket who said it was a wind up him and rog are welcome to kiss my arse on this one

tam:
alright limephil, thanks for the reply, your obviously sombody who lives in the real world. no many of the previous posters will like the well done post. i know running bent is nothing to be proud of or boast aboot and its only likley to be done under extreme circumstances. i was at court the other day and got what i would say was fairly lienient fine never lost my license or my job so as for the other rocket who said it was a wind up him and rog are welcome to kiss my arse on this one

As long as the traffic commissioner doesnt call you in for a chat without coffee and biscuits !!
The TC can still suspend your licence for the offence even if the court didnt

sombody has aready advised me of this. fair enough i was in the wrong and a bit stupid but how is it fair to be tried for the same crime twice :confused: :confused:

tam:
sombody has aready advised me of this. fair enough i was in the wrong and a bit stupid but how is it fair to be tried for the same crime twice :confused: :confused:

The fine is on your basic licence.

The TC deals with the upgrade (LGV) bit if a need is warranted

Speeding is the easy one to use as an example -
The points and fines are put on the basic licence but if the speeding was done in a LGV then the TC has the option of dealing with the extra responsibility that a LGV driver should have.

All the above was agreed to when a driver accepts the terms and conditions of the licence.
If the driver does not agree then why bother getting or using the licence?

And to add… you dont get “Tried” twice. Your already guilty. The way it is justified is as Rog says, the TC hearing is not to punish you for the offence, but to consider wether you are suitable to hold an LGV licence at all , to consider wether further training should be taken to allow you to keep that part of your licence (suspension then retest) or to see if a short period of suspension will allow time to reflect on the implications of losing your licence permanently and ensure compliance in the future.

and its totally at the discretion of the TC.

Breaker One-Nine:
Speed limiters are designed and fitted to ensure that road safety for drivers themselves and other road users is preserved. They serve to limit the speed at which vehicles above a certain weight can travel on our roads. Braking and stopping distances are greatly affected by speed in any motor vehicle and this is never more evident than in a Large Goods Vehicle or Passenger Carrying Vehicle. Furthermore, they ensure that fair competition between operators is upheld. Over recent years enforcement agencies have detected widespread abuse of speed limiters, and Traffic Commissioners in setting these guidelines are keen to reflect the seriousness of speed limiter breaches in the way they deal with transgressions by the drivers.

Disabling a speed limiter is quite clearly an expression of intent to exceed the legally permitted speed.

Hmm, last time I checked, the speed LIMIT for a truck was still 60mph (on a motorway), yet most limiters are 53 / 54. :question:
Same when I was on coaches, LIMIT of 70mph, limited to 60/61mph. :question:

Never quite understood this myself. :question:

I used to drive an older coach though without a limiter, got pulled off a copper once for doing 70mph on a motorway, after 15mins of taking the ■■■■ out of him I asked if he had a highway code in his car, yes was the answer, showed him the speed limit for my vehicle and left. :grimacing:

first of all i cannot for the life of me understand anyone who would wish to jeopardise his licence by tampering or fitting an illegal device, what do you gain from it…so what if it increases your speed by a few miles an hour, are the risks worth taking…and breaker one nine giving advice about how it keeps people legit, and then admitting he too has done it, then the otherone, limey phil, who says its ok so long as its done with safety…what planet are you guys on…you dont gain anything…if you run out of hours, so what, park up, so long as you tell the traffic office theres no problem…and if there was…then thats a company any decent driver would want to avoid…years ago…we had no choice, very few regulations, no enforcement, old decrepid trucks that leaked oil and diesel, in to the cab as well, we had no choice then…but today we do have a choice no matter what your excuses are…these regulations are to protect the drivers, and prosecute the not so honest operator…so anyone who gets caught i hope the book is thrown at them hard, and the operators…big fines…take away their right to be a trucker, and report them, which in most cases is done automatically, to top brass, where they can inflict even more punishment…and serves them right…sorry to be so harsh, but you deserve it…

what a load of crap. i would like to see you parkin up with the loads we carry, you would never get a job in this line of work,am no tellin you wht i do but i dont think you would have the mentality to do it, a bit of a dreamer

tam:
what a load of crap. i would like to see you parkin up with the loads we carry, you would never get a job in this line of work,am no tellin you wht i do but i dont think you would have the mentality to do it, a bit of a dreamer

Now then Tam,
Long time no speak. :smiley:

It’s all very well to call somebody’s post “a load of crap,” but without any info, how do you expect anybody to reply with something constructive?

You can carry on with the Secret Sam stuff (“am no tellin you wht i do”) but IMHO you’re not doing yourself any favours by posting stuff up then not taking part in a proper discussion about it.

Your job seems to be so secret and needful of fitting a wire that you can’t discuss it… well mate, that’s fine and fair enough, but I can’t see many folks on here wishing they were in your shoes, so you’d best prepare yourself for some comments…

I won’t be so impolite as to call your post “a load of crap,” but I’ll be honest and say that I can’t see the point that you’re trying to make. :confused:

Some 11ish months later than the date of your OP, some folks might be wondering whether you’ve an outcome yet?