UK cyclist fatally injures pedestrian

Heisenberrg:
There are two sides to this story.
Like most truckers I see cyclists showing incredibly arrogant and dangerous behaviour without a care in the world for other road users.
But my understanding is that this woman walked across the road whilst using her mobile phone and not looking…she then walked back into the cyclist. Hence not manslaughter.
On an almost daily basis I see pedestrians walking across the road whilst concentrating on their phone…sometimes whilst even texting.
I think this case is a matter of two negiligent road users meeting up…

agreed,wherever you go now people on a daily basis have their nose buried in a phone but its never their fault,typical example was a bloke who was doing exactly that and walked into my brother,my bruv said why don’t you look where your going,man with phone replies why don’t you look where your going,unreal

truckman020:

Heisenberrg:
There are two sides to this story.
Like most truckers I see cyclists showing incredibly arrogant and dangerous behaviour without a care in the world for other road users.
But my understanding is that this woman walked across the road whilst using her mobile phone and not looking…she then walked back into the cyclist. Hence not manslaughter.
On an almost daily basis I see pedestrians walking across the road whilst concentrating on their phone…sometimes whilst even texting.
I think this case is a matter of two negiligent road users meeting up…

agreed,wherever you go now people on a daily basis have their nose buried in a phone but its never their fault,typical example was a bloke who was doing exactly that and walked into my brother,my bruv said why don’t you look where your going,man with phone replies why don’t you look where your going,unreal

They’re like the bloody Borg, it’s as if the poxy screen in their hand has them in some sort of trance.

I’ve seen the sods walk into the bog at service areas, have a ■■■■ in the urinal, then (not bothering to wash their hands) walk back out of the bogs and head off to Costapacket without once taking their gaze from the bloody screen, should think ourselves lucky they didn’t ■■■■ in the sink :unamused: , what is wrong with people now.

Franglais:

dieseldog999:

Dog tired:
Maybe you people should read up, CCTV proved she was not using her phone.
She was killed by a complete and utter knob.

quote from the daily mail…'What makes it worse is that, even when people were helping her, her phone was going off continuously with texts showing she was on it at the time…unquote.

using the same logic as you are only prone to being bitten by a shark when you are wet,then if she hadnt stepped out in front of a bike flying down the road,then she wouldnt have been smacked due to the fanny having no brakes.
theres guaranteed 1000 same fannys driving 1000 same bikes today in london and every other city with no brakes.if they just banned bikes from the road,then it would save everyone else a lot of grief.
if god had meant us all to be cycling,then he wouldnt have invented cars.

That’s an open goal DD! A quote from the Daily Mail? Next you’ll be having us believe, that you believe, everything on the www!

:smiley:
well thats what it said on the original link…the date was correct,so i just assumed it all was correct… :unamused:

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

dieseldog999:

Franglais:

dieseldog999:

Dog tired:
Maybe you people should read up, CCTV proved she was not using her phone.
She was killed by a complete and utter knob.

quote from the daily mail…'What makes it worse is that, even when people were helping her, her phone was going off continuously with texts showing she was on it at the time…unquote.

using the same logic as you are only prone to being bitten by a shark when you are wet,then if she hadnt stepped out in front of a bike flying down the road,then she wouldnt have been smacked due to the fanny having no brakes.
theres guaranteed 1000 same fannys driving 1000 same bikes today in london and every other city with no brakes.if they just banned bikes from the road,then it would save everyone else a lot of grief.
if god had meant us all to be cycling,then he wouldnt have invented cars.

That’s an open goal DD! A quote from the Daily Mail? Next you’ll be having us believe, that you believe, everything on the www!

:smiley:
well thats what it said on the original link…the date was correct,so i just assumed it all was correct… :unamused:

Ohh. ! You slipped that one in, didn’t you!

Juddian:
I’ve seen the sods walk into the bog at service areas, have a ■■■■ in the urinal, then (not bothering to wash their hands) walk back out of the bogs and head off to Costapacket without once taking their gaze from the bloody screen,

Do you normally study people in the mens room?

Captain Caveman 76:
So basically there are no laws to dissuade irresponsible cycling. That explains an awful lot.

There certainly are offences under modern legislation. eg Dangerous Cycling (S28 Road Traffic Act 1988) and Careless or Inconsiderate Cycling (S29). These offences mirror the Dangerous and Careless Driving offences which apply to motor vehicles (S2 and S3 of the same Act). These cycling offences are Summary matters (dealt with in a magistrates court) and don’t carry a custodial sentence.

What is missing is the cycling equivalent of Causing Death by Dangerous Driving (for which you can get up to 14 years).

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk