Trucknet Twighlight zone

Some good points raised so far.

But ■■■■■■■■ to all that, let’s talk about ’ policing ’ the forum instead :laughing:

I heard the mods are too busy earning top dollar in Rugby…

Freight Dog:
I know exactly what you mean mate.

The DM thread was kicked to Bullies within a few posts of it opening. This was strikingly bizarre and does not follow any reasoning why it should be on there. In fact Bullies is labelled “anything but trucking"

I’m sorry but you’re making a fuss over nothing, it’s nothing to do with me because I haven’t been part of the moderation team since Friday night, but Bully’s is the right place for the thread you’re talking about which is probably why it was moved there.

The David Mitchell thread was about a comedy sketch and nothing more, as far as I can see no-one even discussed the points related to trucking until after it was moved to Bully’s.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=153192

tachograph:
I haven’t been part of the moderation team since Friday night

Hmmmm, the plot thickens :wink:

tachograph:
I’m sorry but you’re making a fuss over nothing,

That is pretty high handed. And surprising. Trolling exists on the forum whilst a normal thread is kicked off with only condescending feedback.

If you believe that the content isn’t worthy of discussion then you either didn’t watch it, or failed to recognise the points within are exactly about transport and hardly isolated to his views. Bully’s has the header “anything but transport”.

Additionally if a measure of whether a thread is policed is the relevance of the replies, then most of the troll material on here should be ditched. Not least of all, the DM thread was barely given a chance.

I thought this forum welcomed feedback?

Freight Dog:
That is pretty high handed. And surprising. Trolling exists on the forum whilst a normal thread is kicked off with only condescending feedback.

I’m sorry if my reply came across as high handed or condescending it certainly wasn’t intended that way, as I said in my previous post it’s nothing to do with me, I’m just expressing a personal opinion the same as you and other people are.

tachograph:

Freight Dog:

I’m sorry if my reply came across as high handed or condescending it certainly wasn’t intended that way, as I said in my previous post it’s nothing to do with me, I’m just expressing a personal opinion the same as you and other people are.

No that’s cool chief. I have you down as balanced fair player. Just curious was all.

Reef:
I guess you were right after all ND…

I find that happens more often than people like to admit…

It was removed because it was nothing more than a personal attack on another member, if you want to ■■■■■ at each other take it to PM’s so the rest of us don’t have to suffer - the rules are clear, it was removed because it broke the rules… not difficult to understand !

Rikki-UK:
It was removed because it was nothing more than a personal attack on another member, if you want to ■■■■■ at each other take it to PM’s so the rest of us don’t have to suffer - the rules are clear, it was removed because it broke the rules… not difficult to understand !

I only asked. :neutral_face:
:laughing:

robroy:

It was a fair question too Rob, but it’s had an answer now.

I was just about to move this topic to the feedback forum and then explain, then it disappeared, then I found it here. :open_mouth:

dieseldave:

robroy:

It was a fair question too Rob, but it’s had an answer now.

I was just about to move this topic to the feedback forum and then explain, then it disappeared, then I found it here. :open_mouth:

Cheers Dave.
I reckon Rikki’s getting even grumpier than me. :laughing:

Rikki-UK:

And if that’s what it took to get you to finally take action then it was well worth it, as my deleted topic title said “Time to squash an annoying little bug” I’ve been lobbying for tighter control of the idiots and duplicates here for an age and if it took me acting a bigger idiot to get you to finally wake up to it then… Good!

ND I take it back you were wrong…

Reef = 1 all trolls and attituders = 0

^^^^ ND he gone!

So the guy annoys you, there are a few methods you can use, A. Ignore it, if unfed a troll will soon get bored. B. Report their post using the report feature provided. C. Block them. D. Provide some rope with which they can hang themselves.

It’s really quite simple…

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Seeing as Tacho has deleted his post replying to Maoster,…
Does this mean the donkey’s demise? :open_mouth: are we going to see no more of the stolen sat nav pic?
Who’s going to be next for Rikki’s chopper? …ooh err Mrs, :smiley:
Rest in trucknet peace Donkeyman…you’ll be missed. :cry:

I suspect I’m under review Rob, no doubt a thread in the admin/mods private area with my name on it.

Suppose all I can do is show I’m not just a innuendo maestro but can make more worthwhile contributions to avoid being on the end of Rikki’s chopper…

Dipper_Dave:
I suspect I’m under review Rob, no doubt a thread in the admin/mods private area with my name on it.

Suppose all I can do is show I’m not just a innuendo maestro but can make more worthwhile contributions to avoid being on the end of Rikki’s chopper…

Dipper - I think I love you, man :laughing: :laughing: :open_mouth:

Dipper_Dave:

Tell you what Dave mate, seeing as ND has gone, and somebody told me even Beaver :open_mouth:, so if you go the forum will be less entertaining without the three of you. . :cry:

Ok, ND was a bit close to the edge sometimes, and Beaver had some good opinions on stuff, which sparked debate, which I thought it was all about.
Maybe it was his answers to that copper that got him the chop, but there was always a lot of banter from both of those lads.

I just hope the forum is not reduced to the ‘‘Which sat nav’’ bollo type threads now, it will be a shame if it becomes bland and sanitized, because I reckon in it’s present form it’s ok.

Not sure about the ‘‘bullying’’ Rikki was on about :open_mouth: , must have missed that one, unless some poor soul could not take trucker type talk, and complained :unamused: …who knows.

My personal opinion is there are at least 3 a/holes on here I can think of that should have been given the boot WELL before Beav and ND, but it’s Rikki’s ‘ball’ and he lets us play with it with him.

Hey…maybe I.will be next for referring to Rikki’s chopper :laughing: , not sure if we both share same sense of humour, but if I aint on for a few weeks you’ll know the answer to that one. :laughing: