Trucking snowflakes

I had a similar experience, a lad brought out to me an ERF with ac13spd Fuller, telling me ‘‘There was a serious fault’’ he hadn’t been able to get a gear without crunching the balls out of the box.
He got in the passenger side and I put it through it’s paces, he looked at me mesmerised like I was Dynamo who had done a magic trick.
Rather than take the ■■■■ and come the big trucker, I showed the lad how to do it, and he got it in about half an hour.
Point is nobody knows how to do anything until they are shown.

peirre:

cgscott:
Maybe he was a serial masturbator and wanted somewhere to rumble on his break.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Well changed. I was telling the truth though. Remember the guy from quick fit coming over and chapping my door asking when tires were being offloaded. He said the cab was rocking.

She wasnt the slightest bit red faced.

Northampton to Oxford at one time used to take around 2 hours if you hit the main stumbling points at the wrong time, worse still on the return on a Friday afternoon when you caught the holiday traffic.

Through Blisworth, Towcester, Brackley, Weston on the Green, and then finally that awful A34 single carriageway, if you got behind one of Carlsbergs fully loaded Daf 2300’s leaving Northampton you could easily be stuck behind all the way to Swindon, at an absolute max of 39 mph when he eventually wound it up there…and yes part of the reason for 39 would be parking at Silverstone or Towcester layby’s on the way back for a ‘‘log book it home night out’’ having conveniently run out of hours 10 miles from home. :wink:

Half the time if company’s recognised that new drivers with a bit of nous about them are worth investing time and a some money in, how much better it would be if someone experienced is sent out to show lads how to operate things they haven’t see or used before, a lot more productive than taking the ■■■■ or rearranging things so the lad who can only drive something specific can in future drive anything…and it means those skills and attitude aint lost when the old bugger retires.

On the subject of gearboxes of the old type, well my lad was (un)lucky enough to get drive a Scammel Constructor 8 wheeler with an Eaton Twin Splitter a few weeks after passing his lorry test, he phoned me up and asked me the basics, and after a while of playing a tune (we all did, no bugger got in one of those wand went straight off) he mastered the thing.
Since that lorry nothing lorry wise has ever phased him, it’s worth learning what you don’t know, because you never know when those additional skills can come in useful, and a can do attitude is very welcome at interviews for the remaining good jobs out there.

Minor faults ,wrong doings ect…brakes/steering/tyres/lights/ weight/ various bodging…major faults, ERF’s, Gardners, Sudden Accidents,twin splitters blah blah :stuck_out_tongue: … they all went out just as they were ‘in the day’…No reverse camera?- Def snowflake VOR… :stuck_out_tongue:

We had a driver that refused to go inside the M25, claiming it made him fall to pieces and couldn’t cope with it :unamused:

Do you know, I thought that if a company paid you money to work for them, you did what you were told, as long as it was legal.
When did that stop happening? :confused:

When everyone started becoming self entitled and got far too sensitive to being offended

Stussy:
When everyone started becoming self entitled and got far too sensitive to being offended

I blame reality tv. Wet behind the ears now

[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i bet you were red faced if you ploughed her for a whole 2 mins non stop?.. :open_mouth:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i bet you were red faced if you ploughed her for a whole 2 mins non stop?.. :open_mouth:
[/quote]
Burnt oot

emmerson2:
Do you know, I thought that if a company paid you money to work for them, you did what you were told, as long as it was legal.
When did that stop happening? :confused:

That’s one of the reasons this industry is how it is. Years of drivers just taking what they’re given. Bending over and lubing up as long as it’s legal who cares about the detrimental effect on our well-being and quality of life.

Gave her a disappointment she’ll never forget!

Where will I start I could write a book.

I can’t go to that store, “why not” I haven’t been there before I don’t know where it is.

Or being rescued by the fire brigade from a failed tail lift.

I cant drive that unit the night heater doesn’t work.

Or after 2 weeks of training 4 miles down the road on his own into the ditch he goes.

Being called by a store manager asking why an empty trailer has just arrived on his bay.

Can’t wear the uniform issued as it makes me itch.

I’m not driving that unit “why not” the door opens too far I might fall out.

and countless others.

dieseldog999:

cgscott:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Someone been watching The Last Kingdom?

mike68:

I would of loved to have seen that :laughing:.

Although that being said I’m pretty sure I’m suffering from capsulitis on my toes due to not using the steps on the truck and just jumping out like batman I often do the same on the taillift. :laughing:
I gotta stop doing it as it’s giving me a limp and I doubt it’s doing my knees much good.

adam277:

mike68:

I would of loved to have seen that :laughing:.

Although that being said I’m pretty sure I’m suffering from capsulitis on my toes due to not using the steps on the truck and just jumping out like batman I often do the same on the taillift. :laughing:
I gotta stop doing it as it’s giving me a limp and I doubt it’s doing my knees much good.

If your paid by the hour lower yourself on tailift on each drop. Could add an extra half hour to your day.