TRUCKIN IN THE 80's (International)

Buzzer:
Any one know where this watering hole is, Buzzer

Looks like Montebello near Vicenza.

Buzzer:

I’ll guess it’s at Torreblanca on the N340 ?

I think the parking is ITALY it looks to neat and orderly for Spain nearly all eating places [not as i used them]and parking were always dust bowls in the 80s some of the roads did not have white lines let alone parking.my opinion.dbp

On the other hand, it says Restaurant, which is English and French, but not Spanish (restaurante) or Italian (ristaurante).

Just a thought :wink: :slight_smile:

Although I don’t recognise it my guess would be the French side of the Spanish border.

i put the magnifier on the word RESTAURANT and the second letter looks like a o () NOW i am confused.dbp

Hopefully this will put your minds at rest and that I have been reliably informed from more than one source that this place was called Piero Torreblanca and was situated on the old N340 out of Albecete towards Murcia, hope this clears that up, Buzzer

113313378_3272333042834529_2771029789811259476_n (2).jpg

Quite right it is in Spain Buzzer, but actually north of Valencia towards Tarragona. I thought I had recognised it at one point as a place I overnighted at a few years ago between Murcia and the coast where I had a collection in the morning. But dismissed it because the place I stopped at had petrol pumps and more parking attached.

Anyway, it wasn’'t that one, but I’m glad it’s been solved. Still wondering why they spelled restaurant that way though. :confused:

Yes thank you BUZZER MERCIA , AFTER 4/5 DELIVERS OF HANGING PORK LEGS,ON CHRISTMAS TREE HOOKS,THEN WASH OUT WITH COLD WATER…I WENT FROM MADRID to MERCIA to load 18tons of mixed diced peppers in paper sacks, fresh, however they were not frozen then,they were dry fresh that had to be frozen by the time i got back to ENGLAND FOR frigoscania in KINGS LYNN handball ,yes hand balled they were in paper sacks,on the deck,cheqered plate ,flat,no ribbed floor,they put down all over the floor flimsy type of pallets only about 3 inches high for the air flow and gaps had to be left on each row and between each paper sack alternative gap each side of the box,and as high as the meat hooks hanging on the front of the rails about 350 odd hooks ,no way to get them off about 1 ton in weight.

Only 4 plastic trunking running from the front of the inside to take the frozen air, 2 went half way and 2 went nearly to the rear doors…YOU had to be in the trailer all the time they were loading to see they kept all the gaps as you know MERCIA GETS HOT…BACK TO IRUN , NO REVISION AS A FROZEN LOAD THAT WAS NOT YET FROZEN t forms and permits…them old fridges never stopped ,fighting trying to get the temperature down, to the people who would not know, what you did is bring the temperature down by degrees from ambient to at lest minus-- 20 THAT WAS THE MINUM THEY LOOKED FOR AT LEAST MINUS 23/25 it probably took at lest 3X24HOURS days you had to make sure you had plenty of diesel and the fridge gas up THAT IS WHY NOT MANY OF US EURO DRIVERS DID FRIDGE WORK it was constant you had to be on the ball so as i have said before no RESTAURANTS FOR ME,it was the same with the meat same procedure but eventually most meat was already down to +1 so yes MERCIA has some memory’s for me.but not the eating houses 1984.pdb

Tubbysboy:

Buzzer:

Do I get a t shirt or a prize ?

Or FA ?

Tubbysboy:

Tubbysboy:

Buzzer:

Do I get a t shirt or a prize ?

Or FA ?

The latter mate but there still seems some confusion as to exactly where this place is and Spardo says it is North of Valencia but most think it is between Albacete & Murcia so a definite location would be good, as we all know sometimes the grey cells don’t work so good with age, Buzzer

The latter mate but there still seems some confusion as to exactly where this place is and Spardo says it is North of Valencia but most think it is between Albacete & Murcia so a definite location would be good, as we all know sometimes the grey cells don’t work so good with age, Buzzer

Some, like good wine, improve with age. :wink: :unamused: :laughing:

google.com/maps/place/Resta … d0.1821927

Spot on SPARDO Google does its job,and you have done yours ,although i never went in to the place i must have passed it,as we were like rashes all over SPAIN.

peggydeckboy:
Spot on SPARDO Google does its job,and you have done yours ,although i never went in to the place i must have passed it,as we were like rashes all over SPAIN.

Me too, past it but never in, but the one I mentioned nearer Murcia was a godsend at the time and which I thought was this at first. After a long afternoon trek from Malaga I was getting near to eating time and near to morning destination and was beginning to despair. Then I saw the place, cheap diesel a great resto and a lorry park extended and empty. Most of the drivers, obviously not short of exercise, parked closer. :wink: :laughing:

This is the the one, on the RM-19 south of Murcia towards Cartegena but just off the main road to the left. The waiter spoke English, the grub was excellent and, of course, cheap. No wagons joined me in the far corner and as I was not loading till 8am, got a long quiet night’s sleep. :smiley:

google.com/maps/@37.8674871 … 312!8i6656

God

I remember Piero’s now.I haven’t been past it in years because the new road which comes down from Castellon airport joins the N340 just north of Torreblanca.
Interesting memories though.

Hi ROB THE DOG,i notice the photos are from PETE CHAUNDY [ACH]are you that man? if so how long did you stay at SOLSTOR.?i was there about 3/4 weeks soon went back to A.C.H and got a motor then a GREECE with scouse PETE ,it was so "bozzie " we were so ■■■■■■ we sat in the middle of the road on 2 chairs waiting to see who would move first if any car came along .daft but true…i actualy had my birthday there but never told anyone.some very good blokes ,on ACH.DBP…

Do you remember Mad Pierre at Solstor?

Gidders, I was not there long enough to really get to know anyone,i was allways used to my own motor,never relised there was a different system regarding sharing units i wanted 4 weeks away then some home time i was used to being over the water not bits of uk,then the odd spain,so I was soon away.I remember a driver from wigan ,keep fit driver ,

it was me ,not the job for me, i had a habit if something did not suit me I would be away, but nothing wrong with David or the drivers.allthough there was a pecking order .understandable.most firms had one as I used to move around i got used to it but it never stopped me getting the plumb runs .As with any job experance was the key I expect I was lucky being on fridges firms that did a lot of countrys like hundreds of other drivers did.pdb

Scania at work, believe the trailer may be Irish, Buzzer

117890334_1587461008080063_8233921626347386084_n.jpg

Wonder what they have done wrong, Buzzer