toleman

Isnt it sad to see a picture of Gary Toleman on these forums after he was shot dead by some car thieves :frowning:

( post edited ) jd

What do you mean oddly!! He is oddly, good old boy that he is, still smoking 300 ■■■■ a day…

He’s not upto Euro 5 yet then ? :laughing:

Yet another one from the keeper of the secrets ! :wink: Cheers Bubbleman. :smiley:

some great pics there mate … :sunglasses:

i remember tolemans in and out of the train yard in bathgate non stop seven days a week …boy did those boys fly in and out the town centre… :smiley:

Brings back a few memories seeing the Toleman pics.

Remember seeing them most days in Kimbolton attempting to negotiate the George corner without putting the car at the front of the top deck through the school wall!

Also remember a D series artic & trailer sitting in the old man’s garage for a few weeks after it had been recovered. Cant remember if it was waiting on parts or authorisation to do the repairs or what.

I think Tolemans ran quite a few D series?

Didnt they have quite a smart Transconti with air kit that transported the F1 team about?

Has anybody got any pics?

Didn’t Derick Warwick start his racing career with Toleman ( yet another English driver who promised much and failed to deliver, I seem to remember)!

They had a few D 1000s with Carrimore drawbars built on them these were the proper drawbars with a turntable.I delivered at least 10 partly built units from Co Durham down to Tottenham to be finished off when the factory at Stanley was on strike in the 1970s. They were fitted wit a V engine cannot remember if they were ■■■■■■■ or Perkins, what ever they were they were flying machines. The factory managers were making them secure welding all loose bits on, I was taking them out in the early hours to miss the pickets arriving in Tottenham arround 8am, then returning home by train, could do four trucks down in a week. Did see one of the old trailers lying in Transporter Engineering a few years back.

can anyone remember when 2 toleman transporters from upper dovercourt, harwich, took bangers to foxhall in ipswich?
my dad, sam chilver was a driver sadly died in 2007, does anyone have any pics?
theres was a lanky geezer, john i think, had to stand on the top deck to hold the wires across the road from the first banger.

so many memories in the pics on the site, thankyou.

roadcommander2:
Remember seeing them most days in Kimbolton attempting to negotiate the George corner without putting the car at the front of the top deck through the school wall!

Unlike the lampost on Felixstowe Road in Ipswich which was permanantly bent due to getting clouted by Tolemans.

Anyone remember me from Tolemans Harwich depot. My name is Eugene and my CB handle was the bosun, I was one of the 28 that started in 1982 on a temperory contract, that lasted 14 years. I have some photos I would like to share, someone might find them interesting. If I could find out how to upload them? can anyone help me, they are all my own photos which i took myself.

My Iveco Mk 3 with Rovers Milton Trading Estate
Eugene

My Iveco Mk 5 Harwich
Eugene

Iveco Mk 3 cab

Iveco Mk 3 with Rovers Milton Trading Estate

Carsluith A75 snack bar on way to Stranraer

Iveco Mk 3 with Fords parked up Kennings tyres Colchester Eugene

Mark 5 Leaving Harwich Depot

Mk3 Loaded with Transits at Southampton

Me standing by Mk 5 Harwich

Rear view Mk 5 Harwich