The Eddie Stobart Spotters Thread

Another picture of the Bulgarian registered ex Stobart owned by Macedonian company Sandra-M wich mostly do transports in Denmark and Sweden. They have a flat on the same neighbourhood I live at. And Freja has their terminal just across the street from me. It’s infested with BG, MK, RO and SK trucks.1

Found 1 more picture.0

Hello
Thanks for the photos jonas a. Heres some more photos
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Hello
Can anyone help me. Does anyone know which Eddie Stobart liveried lorries are owned by subbie E Brewer of Penrith ■■■■■■■■ I know he has 35 lorries,but some are in his livery and others in Stobarts.
If anyone knows a name, registration or fleet number, that would be great.
■■■■■■■■ Gill

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello,
Heres some more photos.
■■■■■■■■ Gill

The FH Is owned by Linch & the FL was driven by a guy nicknamed Rambo…

Hello Geoffo,
Thanks for that infomation. Is it true that Linch isn’t on the go anymore??
■■■■■■■■ Gill

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello Geoffo,
Thanks for that infomation. Is it true that Linch isn’t on the go anymore??
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Hi ■■■■■■■■ Gill. I don’t know what Linch’s are up to these days, so can’t answer that question…

Rambo ( his name was Paul) was/Is a good friend of William Stobart & was the only Stobart driver to take his truck home at the weekend (because he lived in Beccles Suffolk where there was no depot at that time). He started as an owner-driver working solely for Stobarts in the mid/late '90’s.His trucks were in Stobart colours…

Geoffo…

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello
Why are all of you so against Stobart, eh■■?
Whats wrong with Eddie Stobart and whats wrong with us spotters, eh ■■?
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Did you really ask all the above!! Lol bless!!

Result!!

Hello
What a sad end to such a lovely lorry.
Geoffo, thanks for that info about the Volvo FL12. Do you know anything about these lorries.
■■■■■■■■ Gill

5664042239_d0da135f4a.jpg

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello
What a sad end to such a lovely lorry.
Geoffo, thanks for that info about the Volvo FL12. Do you know anything about these lorries.
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Hi ■■■■■■■■ Gill.

I remember the Scania 113’s with tippers,but can’t remember what contract they were on.
As for D400THH Volvo FL7, I’m 99% sure this was based In Braunstone, Leicester (as they had a couple of FL7 Drag’s at that time) & driven by Stobarts first woman driver long before Edward acknowledged that he had a female driver. A blonde lady whos name I can’t remember…

Hello Geoffo,
Thanks for that infomation. I belive that Stobart Drawbar was under the Metal Box livery before it was put in the livery thats seen in the photo.
Can you shed any light on this?
■■■■■■■■ Gill

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello Geoffo,
Thanks for that infomation. I belive that Stobart Drawbar was under the Metal Box livery before it was put in the livery thats seen in the photo.
Can you shed any light on this?
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Yes ■■■■■■■■ Gill, the FL7 drag was originally painted silver which at that time was Metalbox colours.
When Metalbox changed It’s logo & colour scheem, Stobarts had both FL7 drags painted In the new colours…

Geoffo…

Hello Geoffo,
Thanks for that infomation. Didn’t they also have a Ford Cargo Drawbar in the Metal Box livery??
■■■■■■■■ Gill

They had a FL7/10 wagon & drag based in Wrexham for a few years, was in Stobarts colours with sleeper pod.
They had some of them tippers running out of south wales, they used to have one dropped in Continental Can in Rugby being loaded with the waste/off cuts from the coils, not 100% but i seem to remember they brought the coils in then changed over for the scrap as the tippers had side doors down one side.

One of the drags loading in Ball Packaging Wrexham

Some not so good parking

And this firm from Wrexham many years ago bought a 2800 Daf from Steady Eddie and kept the early style paint scheme as there colours
use to have some very nice 143`s too all looking like stobbies at first glance.

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello Geoffo,
Thanks for that infomation. Didn’t they also have a Ford Cargo Drawbar in the Metal Box livery??
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Hi ■■■■■■■■ Gill. Yes they did have a Ford Cargo in Metal box Livery.

BTW the pic of the ERF Olyimpic (N25 NRM) was an owner driver from the Penrith area & i think his surname was Glendinning. I remember when he bought It Brand new…

nianiamh:
They had a FL7/10 wagon & drag based in Wrexham for a few years, was in Stobarts colours with sleeper pod.
They had some of them tippers running out of south wales, they used to have one dropped in Continental Can in Rugby being loaded with the waste/off cuts from the coils, not 100% but i seem to remember they brought the coils in then changed over for the scrap as the tippers had side doors down one side.

Yes Nianiamh, It was an FL7 with sleeperpod. It was driven mainly on day runs though out of Gresford (Wrexham).

You’re bang on about the tippers. I couldn’t remember what contract they were on when ■■■■■■■■ Gill asked.

Geoffo they also had a FL6 drag with a pod on driven by Dave “Queenie” ex Caddies driver,
the FL7 drag was driven by Tony who later left to run a pub, the rest of the drags in Wrexham at that time were all day cab Cargos painted blue/yellow/white in Impetus Packaging colours. There were i think 3 Cargo artics 1 on the warehouse shunt from Gresford to Williams Bros, the other 2 were on tramping driven by Di and John Willie. Then later when the factory changed hands to Continental PET Europe they had about 6 Daf 95s again not in Stobart colours but all white and 5 axle and a lot lower than the normal can drags, they looked really tidy.
At the time i was on for BRS on the can job, same firm just Continental CAN Europe, we were told our new Wagon & Drags were to be the same as Steddie Eddies :sunglasses: well when the arrived as you can see in the pic below BRS were without a doubt the kings of buying crap :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Cant really see Stobarts specing theres like this, big wheels, over a ft higher than it needed to be, not close coupled and the nice pod which was even narower than the 85`s cab :laughing:

ohhh yeah they had cargos in MB colours all right (silver) no the best in the fleet that was for sure lol…did more than a few mls in one ,cans to manchester -----over to ccsb wakefield for layer boards then back to botcherby,
cant remember who drove the 7 at carlisle …me memories going ,the f10 drag was a good un onthe 2runs botcherby --hammyhill depot a day run…
anyone got pic of billie (cargo)drag…carlisle /warrington depots.
jimmy

Hello everyone,
Thanks to Geoffo, JIMB047 & nianiamh for there info on the Stobart Drawbars.Geoffo, the ERF your taking about, it wasn’t owned by Alan Glendining by any chance was it? Thats the only company in the Penrith area with that name that still does ESL subbing (His got 7 lorries, 3 MANs, 3 Volvos & a Scania 143).
By the way, didn’t Stobarts have a fleet of Volvo FL6 Sleeper Pod Drawbars with the Carlisle Tel Number on, or is that the lorries that nianiamh is talking about■■?
■■■■■■■■ Gill
P.S Here one of my New Photos from last month at Carlisle.

Some older ones here for you.
transportphotos.com/road/photos
JLC00138-1 Stobart ERF yard shunter.jpg
JLC00200-06 Stobart Sed Atki Strato tipper trailer.jpg
JLC00206-10 Stobart Sed Atki 401.jpg