The classic 12-metre tandem spread-axle tilt

0058 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
0051 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
0050 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
From the Danzas/Meadows /Intertransport Van Himst days

You’re a star Whiplash! Looking at that last pic of the Danzas tilt; the drop-sides have those old-fashioned external hinges instead of the recessed ones, making it look at first glance as if it has 16 sides instead of the usual 4 or 5. The Spanish used to prefer that style even quite late on. Robert

Cheers Robert.
More to follow.

whiplash:
Oldies courtesy of Joe Mooney_0209 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
Seabourne Express tilt,Rosslare.
Where were they from,Barking?

Yes Barking. Originally owned by Clive Bourne. Clever play on his name C. Bourne = Seabourne. I believe he said that he started the business at 17 years in 1962 and his office was an East London telephone kiosk - UPS bought the company and he became Sir Clive Bourne eventually

Oldies courtesy Cyril McGuinness_0036 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
Ferrymasters,before they went all fancy.

Oldies courtesy Cyril McGuinness_0020 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
Parked outside Old Trafford,with a Trailor spread axle tilt.

Oldies courtesy Cyril McGuinness_0006 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
Good healthy,revenue generating load!

Caffrey International (5) by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
Caffrey International,before the bling!

0063 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
Another Danzas/Meadows/Van Himst

0045 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
R Haelewijn 111,from Roeselare,Belgium.
On Danzas/Meadows work also.Think these trailers were manufactured by Godeeris in Belgium.

0010 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
Meadows 1644,with York spread.

0008 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
As you may see,this was a very badly converted tandem,to tri axle tilt.Ran out of line,and was scarcely touching the ground.

0002 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
Ex UK reg York trailer.

A classic example. Certainly looked the part.

sandway:
A classic example. Certainly looked the part.

Great pic, Sandway! That looks unusually close-coupled for those days when we didn’t worry so much about the un-aerodynamic gap twixt unit and tilt! Robert

Picture of my outfit with the company logo I was pulling for on the spread axle tilt which was quite common back then, Buzzer

KGrHqFrUFCNyPcsBQqKi3mwqQ60_58.jpg

rward:

Going to be a cracker, that! Look forward to seeing it at Gaydon. :sunglasses: Robert

Robert was you at gaydon rowly

rward:
Robert was you at gaydon rowly

'Fraid not Rowly! I was unable to get to the September one. I expect I’ll be at the June one again next year :wink: .Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

rward:

Going to be a cracker, that! Look forward to seeing it at Gaydon. :sunglasses: Robert

Looking lots better than when I last saw it disappearing off to South Wales, was it late 2012?

Coincidentally, as the previous post on this thread was a Jess B Woodcock trailer, so was this one when new - JBW12037

Just had to add this striking photo of H G Brown trailer courtesy of Kevin Holman. Such a lovely clear photo and clean trailer. I would think it was fresh out of the paintshop.

Please click to enlarge.

sandway:
Just had to add this striking photo of H G Brown trailer courtesy of Kevin Holman. Such a lovely clear photo and clean trailer. I would think it was fresh out of the paintshop.

Please click to enlarge.

A good addition! Corgi missed two tricks when they produced the model version: they omitted the Middle East legend on the tilt cover and failed to spread the axles. Ro

Bumped up for TipTop