tax code

Hi all, I have a tax code of 1000l does that mean I have to earn £10,000 before I pay tax?? That’s all thanks.

Yup :grimacing:

Swampey2418:
Yup :grimacing:

Wow…thanks. :grimacing:

You can earn a grand before tax

Yes but that £10000 is divided by the 52 weeks in the tax year so first £192 is not taxed.

Do you have to buy and or wash any of your own workwear :question: If so, contact the tax office ( call centre in S. Wales ) … you can claim another £60 / yr tax allowance for this.
OK it is only £60 … but I have been claiming this since I left School in 1974 … used to milk cows and had to buy my own wellies / rubber apron :wink:

djp

Just use this if your trying to work out how much tax your being screwed for

listentotaxman.com :grimacing:

Well yes but no you’ll pay tax every week / month but if you don’t hit the magic 10k by the end of the tax year you’ll get it back. Note it’s based over total income includes interest on any savings etc.

nick2008:
Well yes but no you’ll pay tax every week / month but if you don’t hit the magic 10k by the end of the tax year you’ll get it back. Note it’s based over total income includes interest on any savings etc.

I don’t think you have tax deducted until you hit the level off the allowance divided by your pay period eg weekly/monthly. So if you are only averaging per week less than £203 (£10600/52, that being the allowance for 2015/2016) you shouldn’t have tax deducted, if you go over the allowance at the end off the tax year, but don’t have earn enough in your final weeks pay, you’d get an adjustment to your next years allowance, to take account off your last years under payment :wink:

I wouldnt worry to much about tax on your interest from savings, as from next tax year you’ll be able to earn £1000 interest tax free, which according to “martin lewis” would equate to £33000 off savings in the better high street savings accounts.

PS keep all your payslips and P60’s for 7 years, the Tax Man will come after you, if your employer doesn’t pass over the tax/NI that has been deducted from your wages, and it does happen. When stood in court your former employer, may/will try to claim that you were self employed and responsible for your tax affairs, and then you’ll be given the bill for your unpaid tax plus interest, and you are totally liable for your personal tax/ni liabilities, even when on PAYE. Your payslips and P60’s will prove that you had a contract with your employer to deal with your income tax and NI liabilities, and put the bill and liability straight back to your former employer :wink:

Don’t know if this effects any one else, but if your spouse/partner earns less than their full allowance. up to for next year £10600, they can transfer up to £1000 off their allowance to your tax code, so for next year that would give you a tax allowance of £11600, or giving you an extra £3.84 in your pocket per week. Ok its not a lot, but it still in your pocket :wink:

well last year my lad got taxed every month then at the end of the year he was rebated.

So what do I know :confused:

nick2008:
well last year my lad got taxed every month then at the end of the year he was rebated.

So what do I know :confused:

That’s perplexing, The Mrs don’t earn enough to pay tax, and never gets any deducted, but gets a P60 at the end off the year. Maybe its different Tax offices or different employers.

I did one year have an under payment, and had My tax code slightly decreased the following year :wink:

p60s are issued to every taxpayer
everybody has the ability to pay tax
just not everyone does

hitch:
p60s are issued to every taxpayer
everybody has the ability to pay tax
just not everyone does

Yeah I mentioned that the Mrs gets a P60 though she don’t pay tax, just to emphasise that she ain’t working for cowboys :wink: