tacho infringement

Hi guys in fairly new to this so hope its in the right place.

I got stuck in a village today delivering to a farm and had to go over my 4.5 hours by 7 minutes to get out… I rang the office and they said do a printout and write on the back…

being new I did a printout for 24hrs and event? Im not sure what to do with them as on the back it has space for name, reg, driving licence numbet and signature?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Ignore the spaces on the back, it’s the information on the front that the authorities would be interested in. Write on the back right across it something along the lines of “exceeded driving time whilst looking for a safe place to park”, sign it and keep hold of it for 28 days before handing in to your traffic office.

All you need is the 24hr printout not an events printout, write an explanation on the 24hr printout and sign it, all the other information should already be on the printout.

I usually advise people to do 2 printouts and write explanations on both of them, hand one in when your driver card is downloaded and you must keep the other one with you for at-least 28 days.

Thankyou guys!!