Stage Truck

Quinny:

ArcticMonkey:
Sounds similar to Stage Freight based in Leeds. They do theatre work in UK and Europe. Salary was around £30,000

Mate of mine works there and has been all over with them.

Ken.

Sounded a decent job when i spoke to them last year but the unsociable hours and weekends put me off. I think there’s a lot of graft involved with loading and unloading which wouldn’t bother me cos it keeps you fit.
Maybe if i was child free then i would have looked into it more

ArcticMonkey:

Quinny:

ArcticMonkey:
Sounds similar to Stage Freight based in Leeds. They do theatre work in UK and Europe. Salary was around £30,000

Ken.

Sounded a decent job when i spoke to them last year but the unsociable hours and weekends put me off. I think there’s a lot of graft involved with loading and unloading which wouldn’t bother me cos it keeps you fit.

Yes we work every weekend. But there is no “hard graft” with loading and unloading, the theatre crew do it all.

You have a very busy weekend but then it quietens down and there is no pressure to get anywhere from planners.

We do have European work sometime a lot other times less so and you don’t need to do it if you don’t want to. Trucks are replaced twice a year and 4 each time. 4 March, 4 September. And you keep your own truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this sort of work sounds bloody amazing. And I’d love to do it. Sadly I don’t have enough experience. I’ve never done euro. Never done events. And only have 14 months class 1 experience. And I’m an average driver if I’m totally honest - I’m safe now, I can go from a to b and put it on a bay. But I’m no superstar making it look crazy easy without a care in the world at all times.

I really don’t get it personally. Blokes will do all sorts of obscene shift patterns to work for a supermarket but don’t want to explore the world and experience this sort of stuff. It’s sad that Euro work is so hard to get these days. I’d still love to catch a ferry and go on an adventure.

glabrate:

ArcticMonkey:

Quinny:

ArcticMonkey:

Ken.

Yes we work every weekend. But there is no “hard graft” with loading and unloading, the theatre crew do it all.

You have a very busy weekend but then it quietens down and there is no pressure to get anywhere from planners.

We do have European work sometime a lot other times less so and you don’t need to do it if you don’t want to. Trucks are replaced twice a year and 4 each time. 4 March, 4 September. And you keep your own truck.

Sounds like a decent job.

Geoffo:

glabrate:

ArcticMonkey:

Quinny:

ArcticMonkey:

Ken.

Sounds like a decent job.

it is

I would gladly do tour work, unfortunately however, it would kill me…

‘It’ being the wife that is… :neutral_face:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Reef:
I would gladly do tour work, unfortunately however, it would kill me…

‘It’ being the wife that is… :neutral_face:

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

robthedog:

Les Shoes:
Thanks for the responses chaps, I’ve been thinking about it all week and as much as some of it appeals I don’t think it’s for me.

Probably for the best too many wannabe gods of rock n Roll as it is !!!
BTW its STAGETRUCK ONE WORD

It’s Stage Truck, two words. I left last June, spent seven years there…

If you want to be lied to, treated with contempt, and paid rubbish money for being away for 9-10 months per year, then it’s the job for you!

Furthermore, if you want progress within the company you will need to develop a cocaine habit. Most (not all) of the long term drivers are powder monkeys and act like petulant children. I had a cannabis habit whilst I was there, mainly to block out the egos and the bull___t!

lumpygreenpoo:

robthedog:

Les Shoes:
Thanks for the responses chaps, I’ve been thinking about it all week and as much as some of it appeals I don’t think it’s for me.

If you want to be lied to, treated with contempt, and paid rubbish money for being away for 9-10 months per year, then it’s the job for you!

Furthermore, if you want progress within the company you will need to develop a cocaine habit. Most (not all) of the long term drivers are powder monkeys and act like petulant children. I had a cannabis habit whilst I was there, mainly to block out the egos and the bull___t!

Seven years…

On the weed and cocaína?

You should hand your licence back forthwith!

I’ve never taken cocaine. I can’t, I had a heart attack fourteen years ago. Dodgy hearts and coke don’t mix very well.

DVLA CAN HAVE MY ■■■■■■■ LICENCE, I’M ■■■■■■■ SICK OF DRIVING!

lumpygreenpoo:

robthedog:

Les Shoes:

Money can’t be that bad if everyone is sniffing white.

lumpygreenpoo:

robthedog:

Les Shoes:

You would never make it to the top you drove a 13 PLATE what more do you need to know

What’s your problem? Are you looking for an argument?

The last truck I had at ST was HX18 OGE. Had it from new in April 2018 with only 52km on the clock (delivery mileage from Adams Morey, Totton).

Do you practice regularly being a knob, or does it come naturally?

lumpygreenpoo:

The last truck I had at ST was HX18 OGE. Had it from new in April 2018 with only 52km on the clock (delivery mileage from Adams Morey, Totton).

Do you practice regularly being a knob, or does it come naturally?

Your biting well

Glad this popped up. I ended up meeting a driver today who contracts for them. He has offered me some telephone numbers and an into. Says they will want me to to UK work before doing a tour. But rates is really highly. If any of the drivers ever meet a new guy called Sam it might be me.

Wages are pretty reasonable for what you have to do. It’s a day rate but can be 4 days money for less than 10 hours driving from what I’ve been told. I’ll definately be making the call.

sammym:
Glad this popped up. I ended up meeting a driver today who contracts for them. He has offered me some telephone numbers and an into. Says they will want me to to UK work before doing a tour. But rates is really highly. If any of the drivers ever meet a new guy called Sam it might be me.

Wages are pretty reasonable for what you have to do. It’s a day rate but can be 4 days money for less than 10 hours driving from what I’ve been told. I’ll definately be making the call.

Good luck with it. I’ve decided to get out of haulage and move on to mobile cranes, start my new job in 2 weeks.

lumpygreenpoo:

Hey Bob tell everyone how you got your nickname

if they still do it, work for drivers part time, fly out to truck, rest in hotel, see the sights of whatever city, meet the truck, double man with some very reasonable people, and some not so reasonable people, (the shorter amount of time they have been there the better) see more sights whilst in hotel accommodation, fly home, always food at the events, all of the rented in company drivers i met were good lads, and all of the st men i drove with were good, some of those aiming for the top and those struggling to stay there were not so good, but a good experience and the boys from drivers were some good lads, some strange but on the whole good,