Speeding ticket

UKtramp:

HGV:
I was caught doing 40mph in a 30 in a coach just coming out of Patrington into the national speed limit.

I got offered the speed awareness course and ended up at that Freedom centre on preston road.

Listening to them drivel on was boring and they hated it when i told them they was wrong on speed limits for coaches lol

What a place to hold a speeding seminar, Preston road a joy riders paradise

You all have to sit in the freedom centre then they come and collect you and take you through a door at the side of the co op to upstairs classroom.

When i was there a motor cross bike went past with a police car chasing it. I did chuckle

Just send them a letter back saying…
‘‘DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO I AM’’
:laughing:

UKtramp:

trucker10:

UKtramp:
They did say that in the letter but someone told me it will not be offered to me as I was doing 40 in a 30 and they only allow 3 or 4 mph over the limit? hopefully he is wrong?

I was caught doing 39 in a 30 in a lorry the road I was on went from 50 down to 30 they allow up to 42 mph was what a was told when I phoned them up I was offered it

If I am offered it I will take it, if not, then the wife was driving!

To write that on a forum suggests to me that your speed of 40 is actually higher than your IQ

robroy:

I actually have sent a letter back to them stating that I am indeed a national treasure and they had best be careful with the way they handle me as this could turn into a very sensitive issue. I also sent them my driving licence details just in case.

UKtramp:

robroy:

I actually have sent a letter back to them stating that I am indeed a national treasure and they had best be careful with the way they handle me as this could turn into a very sensitive issue. I also sent them my driving licence details just in case.

Tell em you can fix fridges that’ll sort it. :bulb:
I know you really don’t like mentioning it…but needs must. :smiley:

robroy:

UKtramp:

robroy:

Tell em you can fix fridges that’ll sort it. :bulb:
I know you really don’t like mentioning it…but needs must. :smiley:

I don’t like to talk about those days rob unless I am been dragged by my hair screaming and on my way to prison. As a rule I honestly don’t like to talk about it.

Buy a radar detector for any future events,

neilg14:

think you might be right, I need to get one

Tell them that your a refrigeration engineer TROLL …

Mark500:
Tell them that your a refrigeration engineer TROLL …

Yes never thought of that sensible suggestion, your amazing.

neilg14:

Or just stick to the speed limits?

Serious question, did you not see the speed van?

HGV:
I was caught doing 40mph in a 30 in a coach just coming out of Patrington into the national speed limit.

I got offered the speed awareness course and ended up at that Freedom centre on preston road.

Listening to them drivel on was boring and they hated it when i told them they was wrong on speed limits for coaches lol

Ha drivers like you do not deserve to hold a vocational licence. I can also assure they did not hate what you said at all. They would just have thought…Oh dear another moron who has no idea about safety on the road.

With drivers like you driving coaches they definitely have got the limits wrong. Try asking any parent whose child has been killed by some moron doing 40 in a 30.

Drivers like you are part of the reason we will all be controlled by robots and computers very soon.

UKtramp:
Well I have today received a notification of intent to prosecute me for speeding in my car. I was traveling down a dual carriageway at 40 mph in a 30 mph limit. the dual carriageway does indeed go from 40 to 30 for a short stretch, I have held a clean licence for aprox 30 years, so have probably just been lucky. Annoying though to get a speeding ticket in this way, one of those vans parked up that recorded me. I have no excuse but will be contesting it as the sign is pretty difficult to see.

Were you racing to be a stobrats yes man :laughing:

Most forces used to use 10% plus 9mph for speed awareness courses.

Although I believe many were considering dropping that rule.

So at 40 mph you should be offered a SAW if you have not had one or points within the last 3 years.

yourhavingalarf:
Try…

Asking them the reason for the removal of 30mph repeater signs.

The truth of ‘it’s a good way to raise revenue’ isn’t the answer they’ll try to fob you off with.

The lack of 30 mph repeater signs,together with unnecessary variations and arbitrary reductions of the limit,on roads previously designated for 40 mph + speeds,let alone NSL,seems like a case of if it looks like a conspiracy to criminalise drivers in that regard it probably is.On that note probably add the usual political agenda of making road journeys less attractive v rail.What’s the betting that the dual carriageway in question is a strategic alternative route to using over regulated motorways.Just like the silly limits and camera blitz on the A 217. :bulb:

neilg14:

…or pay for the CoPilot App, (so you get the audible warnings back, not lose them at the end of the free 7-day trial)?

Captain Caveman 76:

neilg14:

No it was parked amongst the cars along boothferry road, always vans and cars there so I just sailed past it, to be honest I didn’t realise until after. At the time I saw it I stepped on my brakes but too late it must already have got me. The problem is that in my car it is really difficult to tell the difference between 30 and 40 without looking at the speedo. I am not complaining as it is my own fault but I never speed as I am a bit laid back in my car so a bit miffed at the first time I did I got caught and didn’t realise I was. I never do over the speed limits under normal driving but never altered my speed down to 30 which lasts for a really short stretch.

simcor:
Most forces used to use 10% plus 9mph for speed awareness courses.

Although I believe many were considering dropping that rule.

So at 40 mph you should be offered a SAW if you have not had one or points within the last 3 years.

Hopefully I will get offered a speeding seminar as they must know I haven’t got any convictions. I am a national treasure and think they will take that into consideration also.

UKtramp:

Captain Caveman 76:

neilg14:

No it was parked amongst the cars along boothferry road, always vans and cars there so I just sailed past it, to be honest I didn’t realise until after. At the time I saw it I stepped on my brakes but too late it must already have got me. The problem is that in my car it is really difficult to tell the difference between 30 and 40 without looking at the speedo. I am not complaining as it is my own fault but I never speed as I am a bit laid back in my car so a bit miffed at the first time I did I got caught and didn’t realise I was. I never do over the speed limits under normal driving but never altered my speed down to 30 which lasts for a really short stretch.

Sorry to get on my soapbox about this, again. But it does kind of prove my point that they’re more interested in catching speeding motorists than stopping them speeding. If you’d seen the camera, would you have checked your speed and slowed down?

PS You’re not getting any sympathy from me by the way, it is after all, a voluntary tax!!! :grimacing:

Captain Caveman 76:

UKtramp:

Captain Caveman 76:

neilg14:

Sorry to get on my soapbox about this, again. But it does kind of prove my point that they’re more interested in catching speeding motorists than stopping them speeding. If you’d seen the camera, would you have checked your speed and slowed down?

PS You’re not getting any sympathy from me by the way, it is after all, a voluntary tax!!! :grimacing:

I would have checked my speed had I seen it and I actually did do just that, not in enough time unfortunately.