So, who's had a pay rise then?

peterm:

Scraggy88:

peterm:
I got a $5.00 a fortnight rise on my age pension this week, does that make you jealous?

I hope I one day get to see retirement. . . With the way the world seems to be going and the age for retirement going up now and then, makes me wonder if and when and at what age I’ll get to retire. I still got another 40 odd years left in me yet!

Make that 60 odd years. :slight_smile:

Ain’t that the truth :confused:

I got my first state pension payment for 2019-20 and I got a £6.41 a week raise. Thanks, guys…:slight_smile:

We’re now up near £10 p/h [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I showed my wife the letter confirming our pay rise and she said “oh thats good but I’m on £17p/h now”

[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

With increases in pension contributions I’ve effectively received a 2% pay cut, never mind cost of living increases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robroy:

rsg1234567:
I have a pet peave that some smug drivers like to make other hard working guys feel like dirt by stating they earn so much more for doing nothing…when in fact the reality is different.

A pet peave?..Why even give them a second thought?
It’s just their insecurity about themselves, that makes them lie and boast, just to make them feel (and pretend to be) happy with their sad little lives.
I just enjoy winding these guys up just to see how far they go, until the penny drops, and they finally realise I’m taking the ■■■■. :smiley:
I only do it out of smugness safe in the knowledge that I’m actually lifting 800 a week for 50 hours, when they are low life and really working for [zb] all. :sunglasses:

Is that before or after tax? 50 hours ‘on shift’ or with breaks etc taken out?

edd1974:
Only rise I’ll get isn’t a pay rise. But the amount we can earn tax free has gone up apparently from 1st April.
So.when tac code changes I’ll be at a guess £5 week better of…so not technically a pay rise but all I ever get

The employee pension contributions are going up to 5% though (assuming you haven’t opted out of auto enrolment). So in terms of take home pay every week, it’s give with one hand and take with another as usual!