So what's the story

Mazzer2:
On the plus side no one has died of old age since March :wink: :wink:

Might have died of being triaged to palliative based on their age v vascular surgery or intensive care resources though. :open_mouth:

Mazzer2:
On the plus side no one has died of old age since March :wink: :wink:

I was told a story…
No one in the USSR used to die of excess alcohol.
Swollen liver? Shrivelled kidneys? Pickled stomach?
Everyone has that: so, natural causes!

the maoster:
My final word on this Covid malarky (ok, maybe not my last word :smiley: :smiley: )

I, like many of you guys 'n gals know lots and lots of people, many are friends and many are nodding acquaintances, I have yet to meet a single person who’s life has been devastated by Covid. On the other hand I’ve met lots who’s livelihoods and their entire futures have been destroyed by the reactions to it.

My sister’s mother in law died on a ward of Covid, my ex Mother in Law died of it, after catching it in GRH.

Unfortunately people not believing there is a problem unless it affects them directly is why we are where we are now.

Carryfast:

robroy:
Franglais mate, take no notice of me, it’s just my nature to take the ■■■■ if I think somebody is taking stuff too seriously. :smiley:
Yeh ok, I do know it’s serious, but again…it’s my nature to be laid back about stuff, take things in my stride and not get too alarmed,…that is how I deal with stuff.
.I just think that you are appearing a bit obsessive and alarmist mate, to the point of wallowing in it on here…apologies for that theory amusing me. :smiley:

Ok, initially during furlough,.I was guilty of lapsing and believing every [zb] thing I heard on Sky. :blush: :unamused: , but on looking around, weighing up the situation, (and getting back to work) I came to my senses and realised the exaggeration was off the scale (imo).

We ain’t too far away on our social scene attitudes, I too am conscious of needing to back off slightly, but I refuse to let this pre.occupy and take over my life…I also have older family members in the vulnerable and high risk bracket, they are doing their best to keep away from it, and taking responsibility for it themselves…with help from me and my kids.

All I’m doing is just getting on with my life as best as I can through all this crap, but there is no way I would fill my head with all the stats, details, and snippets of information that you do, if I did I’d be suffering a complete head [zb], worrying about ‘‘What ifs’’ :unamused: …apart from the fact that it is all mind numbingly [zb] boring. :imp:
Sorry mate I’ve got enough issues that ARE happening in my life, to worry about what COULD happen in my life,.and if [zb] does prevail, I’ll try my best to deal with it in the best way I can.

Hope that clarifies my situation and my attitude.

I don’t get Franglais’ premise.
A mask is like trying to stop a mosquito with a chain link fence.
It’s at its most contagious around 2 days before any symptoms show.
Even if we had random testing without symptoms a person could show clear on testing and then catch it the following day.
I’m of the mindset that like my parents and grandparents in the Blitz.If a parachute mine comes down anywhere in the vicinity it’s gonna be very bad for everyone concerned to a lesser or greater degree.
An air raid shelter is sort of good if a bomb hits the house but not much use if it also hits the shelter and takes out the house.
Also low flying German planes sometimes machine gunning people in the street.
Life just had to go on.
Have to say I’ve been more than bothered just by the seeming potency of cold viruses in recent times.Having more than once had the inevitable clogged lungs from the things after the agonising choking sore throat and referral for x ray usually confirming pneumonia.This zb goes on for at least a month or more when colds as we knew them were usually all gone within a week or so.
I don’t believe any of it is a natural occurrence and mutations.The seeming level of contagion and effects are too much for that.
So I’m as dubious now of being in busy shops and pubs etc as I’ve been for a while before this but it won’t take over my life.

MY ? premise about efficacy of face masks?
The Franglais Bio Med Research Facility is somewhat underresourced, so hasn’t undertaken studies.
You’ll have to put up with a link to The Lancet from Aug this year.
thelancet.com/journals/lanc … 13-2600(2030352-0/fulltext
Beware of older articles. There has been a lot of new research, overturning many older views.

Darkside:
Unfortunately people not believing there is a problem unless it affects them directly is why we are where we are now.

There is a problem but it has nothing to do with anything which we can do.Just like there’s no way that we can influence the contagion or results of the Common Cold or Flu.
It’s a Corona virus.Arguably not a naturally occurring one in which case forget everything we know regarding contagion, immunity, recovery or otherwise.
The truth is it’s at its most contagious well before we know we’ve even got it and no one wants to spend the rest of their lives in sterile isolation.
If we catch it all bets are off as to which way it will go.

Franglais:
The Franglais Bio Med Research Facility is somewhat underresourced, so hasn’t undertaken studies.
You’ll have to put up with a link to The Lancet from Aug this year.
thelancet.com/journals/lanc … 13-2600(2030352-0/fulltext
Beware of older articles. There has been a lot of new research, overturning many older views.

Nothing ‘overturns’ the fact that it’s a level 4 biohazard and its going to take more than a mask to stop it.

youtube.com/watch?v=GCSyrSSjIY0

Good luck with your mask providing 6% or maybe 80% protection which is it who knows.But that obviously isn’t how those who really know see it and yes I’ll follow the rules out shopping or in the pub.Because rules are rules and its their pub or shop not my house so their rules and 6% is better than 0 % and wearing a mask isn’t the end of the world.

Confirms what I’d thought from the start.No immunity.
Probably explains why they don’t count ‘recovery’ figures and don’t offer ‘anti body’ tests.Anti bodies don’t mean immunity.
bbc.co.uk/news/health-54512034

Also busts the ‘vulnerable groups’ myth.