Secure parking Rainham Essex

For anyone interested, I have just found a company in Rainham (Essex) who has just started to rent out space in their yard.

It is not concrete but crushed tarmac that has been compacted down, i am being told that it doesn’t get messy in the winter.

It has 24/7 manned security with fencing to all sides and is off the first junction of the new A13 from the M25 (5 mins)

However… at the moment they want £75 per week for a unit and trailer, i told the guy that i thought that was a bit expensive and he is having a think about it, i told him £50 would be nearer the mark, am i right or is he??

richiessex:
For anyone interested, I have just found a company in Rainham (Essex) who has just started to rent out space in their yard.

It is not concrete but crushed tarmac that has been compacted down, i am being told that it doesn’t get messy in the winter.

It has 24/7 manned security with fencing to all sides and is off the first junction of the new A13 from the M25 (5 mins)

However… at the moment they want £75 per week for a unit and trailer, i told the guy that i thought that was a bit expensive and he is having a think about it, i told him £50 would be nearer the mark, am i right or is he??

No contest! you are right, your cheaper :wink:

£75 is expensive - but I suppose its southern rates…
I pay £40 per week per truck, for a 24 hour secure compound to park in.

HANGON a mo what is he offerring,a secure parking area with 24/7 patrol
service, right has he also stated how big hisinsureance cover is and for
what is he covered.
now your plus points, you can offset this atthe TAX-OFFICE, you speak to
your insureancebrokers and get a rebate or pay less premiums because you
can show that the lorry and trailer are in a secure parking area. also this
area is London so it is not really too expensive,what would it cost in the
truckstop in Thurrock much more i do belive, na its okay if his cover is good as well.

Pete i will have to ask him about his insurance, but he has got 8 drawbar outfits (5 brand new) they are those ones with the big arm on that pick up the big bins/skips plus he has got 6 skip trucks, so i would imagine he is pretty well covered on insurance regards what is parked in the yard.

I have no idea how much Truckworld is as i can’t seem to get hold of the person who deals with this subject.

I hadn’t thought about the tax or insurance discount so thanks for that.

Richie, i havent been there yet, but my firm has got a shared yard in Purfleet, apparently,(ive just got in from pub, and i beleive this to be correct at time of writing:? ) at the new roundabout next to Scania garage and Esso garage on old A13 at Purfleet, take 2nd exit, over bridge, 1st on the right just before the right hand bend is our 2nd yard, shared with a few other firms, the only way of getting in is with a remote control key fob, its all concreted, there are toilets, showers etc on site, and its all fenced off. Cant for life of me think what the estate is called, but if thats your neck of the woods, its where McKellars is/was. Hope that helps mate. :confused:

Kindle, thanks for that mate, i used to drive for McKellars so i know the yard you are talking about, i’m off to scantruck Monday so i’ll take a look and see if there is anyone around or a number to call.

Thanks again