Scanias, are they worth it?

I much prefer the Volvo 12 speed, bloody scania put 1st and 3rd where reverse should be!

milodon:
yes well when the last 3 series rolled off the line I was 11 so can’t really comment on the older models :laughing:

1995/6 last 3 Series, First 4 series

Scania been crap for around 19 years now :slight_smile:

touche, already 13 I was :laughing:

burnley-si:
it is an ex whites, just spoken to them about it :grimacing:

Mr White how well looked after is the 620 at moodys

Truck still drives and pulls really well.

We move them on normally when 4 or 5 years old.

In the last months this trucks has been to Italy. Spain. Swiss. Germany and Austria. And not missed a beat.

This was a good reliable truck for us.

burnley-si:
it is an ex whites, just spoken to them about it :grimacing:

Mr White how well looked after is the 620 at moodys

same lorry

Stewart MacCallum & Son - SF 58 DKL by STARMAN1954, on Flickr

Simon:

milodon:
I think scania has really dropped the ball in the last decade - one of the first trucks I drove was a manual 144 460 with a million km on the clock, it was reliable, not thirsty on fuel and good to drive on crappy eastern european roads. fast forward 9 years and I’m driving a R560 that feels very underpowered, drinks fuel (and pig ■■■■) like it was going out of fashion and has all these stupid technological quirks - go into the corner too fast (or at least it thinks so) and it won’t accelerate! great when going up a 12% mountain with 30t of steel on your back…

10 years :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I think they dropped the ball with the 4 series :open_mouth:
An excellent engine, crap 12 speed manual box although better than the Volvo 12 speed, diabolical drivers seat and living space.

Isn’t the top half of the seat back adjustable by the way royhebb?

My thoughts exactly
It used to be. You could drop the top half down to make a bed side table, for the front mounted top bed.

Loved the 3 series then it was followed by two 4 series IMHO crap to live in never liked them since daf or volvo for me

:smiley: :sunglasses: :smiley:

I bought a LHD R500 Luxury in 2005 , new , about £85k.

Still working everyday , 1,900,000 kms now , 9.2mpg average.

Engine untouched , did have to have a clutch at 1.5m kms though :confused:

I would say it was a good buy, definitely worth it , even though probably valueless now.

They do hold their value well
Apparently our old 1.2 million kms 94m 4x2 day cabs apparently sell for 6k plus!