Scania Vabis LV type

ERF-Continental:
Guess this BEMO-description caused my misunderstanding Roset in stead of P&vW

I think you may have been right in the first place. Your picture from the Paul & van Weelde catalogue actually completes the jigsaw a bit more in that it shows that PevW cabs could have the lamps in the quarter panels. I was assuming that this was a distinguishing feature of the Roset cab but your post gives the lie to that assumption.

What we know is that there were two (at least!) versions of that cab, and that both Roset and Paul & van Weelde used at least one of them! :laughing:

If the model-men are to be believed, both firms used the wide-spaced headlamps, and my theory that PevW was the best choice for rigid chassis is completely wrong!

I guess that the other version of the cab, with the narrow-spaced lamps, was an option, or an earlier/later version.

Looking at that previous post, someone has edited, crudely, one of the photos. It was not me! :laughing:

The thick plottens! Robert

@Anorak, I agree and also forgotten to state at least LVS or LVT because of 3 axles

More examples of that strange badge on the grille:

A combination of the PAUl as well as VAN WEELDE logo or some mariage with VAN ECK?

ERF-Continental:
A combination of the PAUl as well as VAN WEELDE logo or some mariage with VAN ECK?

All good ideas, these.

Hey,found this on a site,

Eric,

Some history of Roset here:
commercialmotor.com/big-lorr … dutch-with

It seems that they were building cabs for LVs from the start, so I guess that Roset was the originator of the presswork for that cab- I wonder how some of the vehicles came to be attributed to Paul and van Weelde?

Maybe those cabs were designed/made by Roset and when Paul & van Weelde made a body on LV/LVS chassis, the cab+chassis was procured from De Beers…
So confusion is possible when a finished P&vW lorry rolls out, people think of one manufacturer… :confused:

robert1952:

Wow. That second one is new to me- first one I’ve seen with a tipper on it. Where’d ya get that? :laughing:

[zb]
anorak:

robert1952:

Wow. That second one is new to me- first one I’ve seen with a tipper on it. Where’d ya get that? :laughing:

There’s a terrific Norwegian version of TNUK called Truckstop.no. Have a look, I think there were one or two more on there. Cheers! Robert :slight_smile:

robert1952:

[zb]
anorak:

robert1952:

There’s a terrific Norwegian version of TNUK called Truckstop.no. Have a look, I think there were one or two more on there. Cheers! Robert :slight_smile:

I can’t find them. Would you post a link, please?

Good harvest that Alusuisse-bodied tipper of August Holliger from TG-Roggwil in Switzerland.

Roggwil is situated between Solothurn and Oftringen but more important…how did this vehicle
came in Switzerland, still no member of EC and if Beers exported themselves in the sixties?

ERF-Continental:
Good harvest that Alusuisse-bodied tipper of August Holliger from TG-Roggwil in Switzerland.

Roggwil is situated between Solothurn and Oftringen but more important…how did this vehicle
came in Switzerland, still no member of EC and if Beers exported themselves in the sixties?

Lots of Van Eck-cabbed LVs were sold in Switzerland. Of those in preservation, at least two were operated there- the Schmidt and Setz examples. The Zandbergen one is on spoked wheels, so that too my be ex-Swiss.

The fact that these exclusively Van Eck-cabbed LVs were exported as far as Switzerland raises questions about the marketing of the vehicles. Maybe the sales were through the coachbuilder, in the same manner that Mr. Mandator suggested with the Roset/PevW vehicles?

[zb]
anorak:

robert1952:

[zb]
anorak:

robert1952:

I can’t find them. Would you post a link, please?

Here you go:
berglitruckstop.no/viewtopic … 3&start=15

Robert

@Anorak ■■? Lots of Van Eck’s to Switzerland■■? That needs clarification, facts and figures please
as I hate assumptions on what someone thinks…with all respect.

ERF-Continental:
@Anorak ■■? Lots of Van Eck’s to Switzerland■■? That needs clarification, facts and figures please
as I hate assumptions on what someone thinks…with all respect.

“Lots” in that three of the preserved LVs originated in Switzerland, and all of them have Van Eck cabs. Considering that the internet has pictures of less than ten surviving LVs (that I have seen), “lots” is an appropriate word. Come to think about it, they are all four-wheel rigids, if that inspires someone to remember anything about them. I would have guessed that 4x2 rigids were the norm in early 1960s Switzerland, but that would have been wrong, as this ex-Swiss LT75 proves: :laughing:

robert1952:
Here you go:
berglitruckstop.no/viewtopic … 3&start=15

Robert

Ta. Link works, site is wonderful but can’t find the LVs.

With all respect…a lot of vehicles and mostly cars (MB Gullwing etc) are preserved in Switzerland!

First of all…their mindset is on heritage and secure quality! No problems on money, no WW’s, but
to my humble opinion still strange so ‘many’ LV’s had destination white-cross.