Scania Centurions

neilf:

Cold Up North:
I am not sure if there were any LHD centurions, somebody on here would be better informed than me on that.

“eat more chips” Mortimers definitely had a LHD centurion. Not sure of the number but it was a 4x2 and I can remember it being on their fleet into the early 2000s.

As for Richmond’s truck I remember it when Mark Compton had it and I do think it had the centurion badges on the cab sides and sun visor at the time. There is a pic on the toprun site of the truck still in white with Compton on the headboard and i’m in sure they are on it then. I don’t remember him ever mentioning it being re-cabbed but do know he did have the truck from new and it was him who had both the tag and cab conversions done.

Cheers
Neilf

So it isnt a genuine tag either?
Are you sure it’s not a Foden under that cab?
At least it might have a 13 speed Fuller if it was… Lol

There’s a brass centurion badge for sale on eBay at the minute.

Cold Up North:

neilf:

Cold Up North:
I am not sure if there were any LHD centurions, somebody on here would be better informed than me on that.

“eat more chips” Mortimers definitely had a LHD centurion. Not sure of the number but it was a 4x2 and I can remember it being on their fleet into the early 2000s.

As for Richmond’s truck I remember it when Mark Compton had it and I do think it had the centurion badges on the cab sides and sun visor at the time. There is a pic on the toprun site of the truck still in white with Compton on the headboard and i’m in sure they are on it then. I don’t remember him ever mentioning it being re-cabbed but do know he did have the truck from new and it was him who had both the tag and cab conversions done.

Cheers
Neilf

So it isnt a genuine tag either?
Are you sure it’s not a Foden under that cab?
At least it might have a 13 speed Fuller if it was… Lol[/quote
I have just had a 13 speed fuller reconditioned ready to be fitted into it.

I know, you mentioned it on FB last year

Cold Up North:
I know, you mentioned it on FB last year

Me, surely not,im shy…

O4Goodnessake:

shuttlespanker:

kevchalluk:

O4Goodnessake:
Ulceby.

Should be in the old girls still working thread!

and definitely not in this thread, as that is definitely not a Centurian :wink:

OK mate.

didn’t mean any offence by my previous comment, i was just saying that it is not a centurion, as it is too old to be one

just found this one on flickr flickr.com/photos/merv_walker/7272464556/

shuttlespanker:

O4Goodnessake:

shuttlespanker:

kevchalluk:

O4Goodnessake:
Ulceby.

Should be in the old girls still working thread!

and definitely not in this thread, as that is definitely not a Centurian :wink:

OK mate.

didn’t mean any offence by my previous comment, i was just saying that it is not a centurion, as it is too old to be one

None taken :smiley:

Got the proper sunvisor too…picture taken in port suez in nov 2012

richmond:
Got the proper sunvisor too…picture taken in port suez in nov 2012

Picked it up yet?

Not gone and picked it up yet, thought about it, so im getting closer…lol

As they say, the thoughts there!

I am ready now to go and get it, passports in the turk embassy as we speak but phil has just been over and there is massive hold ups in egypt at the moment because of ferrys and the odd fracas so will wait until the ferrys got going again, so i can get centurion 007…

Have you found which truck the cab came off yet? I tried looking about, but nobody could confirm individual numbers

Rang that bloke in s otland he says he sold comptons a centurian so it makes sense to me? 007 it is then well the cab anyway and thats the only differance isnt it

Did you manage to sort any stuff to come back??

No back load yet, i i had have found one i would be out there doing it, i couldnt pass up the chance of a bit of extra money to bring her back

bradfordlad9999:

Dazzler:

i wonder if the cullums one they got from cammacks where i used to work or if it was a different one, ill have to find out

It’s an Ex D C Ball truck Euromat