Sat Nav

Garmin 530 for me for 5 years, well out of date as I choose not to update it.

Works well as an aid, gets me out the poop more times than it gets me in it.

Biglew74:
How do you set the height /width of the truck on the 6200 mate? Can’t seem to find it

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Errr - If you paid £270 at Halfords, I think you’ve bought a Go 6200 rather than a Pro 6200. The Go version is for cars and doesn’t have truck maps or the facility to set vehicle dimensions, weights etc…

Oh great, I went on the recommendation from this post for the 6200. So your saying I’ve wasted my money?

Biglew74:
Oh great, I went on the recommendation from this post for the 6200. So your saying I’ve wasted my money?

Not if you got the PRO 6200…

Post a photo of the box.

This ain’t the one then?

As I suspected - that’s a GO 6200 (a car satnav) rather than a PRO 6200 (which costs less than a tenner more currently at Halfords as they have a special deal on right now)…

Biglew74:
This ain’t the one then?

Return it, pay the extra £10, tell them you got the wrong one :smiley:

Cheers mate, I wish people would be more specific.

biggriffin:
I use this, only downside, all hgv satnavs do the same thing, if you put truck height at 13’9, it will send you towards a 13’9 bridge,

Why is that a problem? A bridge marked at 13’9" has safe clearance for a 13’9" high vehicle - That’s why it is marked as 13’9"…

Biglew74:

Or more observant about what they are about to lay out a load of cash on? Or be willing to ask a staff member, just to check?

Anyway no real harm done just take it back, pay the difference and make sure you get a box like this.

toonsy:

Biglew74:

Or more observant about what they are about to lay out a load of cash on? Or be willing to ask a staff member, just to check?

Anyway no real harm done just take it back, pay the difference and make sure you get a box like this.

Alright mate, I’m a newbie. I was recommended the 6200… Nobody said I had to get to pro version. Its all kicking off tomorrow [emoji41]

Biglew74:

toonsy:

Biglew74:

Alright mate, I’m a newbie. I was recommended the 6200… Nobody said I had to get to pro version. Its all kicking off tomorrow [emoji41]

True but ask the store staff. Is this for trucks? That kind of thing. Saves hassle.

Jesus if I spend more that a fiver on something I want to know everything about it :laughing:

When Garmin stopped including a truck mode and routing in the regular Nuvi sat navs so that they could flog two lines, car and truck ones to make extra money I jumped off the bandwagon. I stuck with my 1996 Garmin Nuvi 360 until it broke a couple of months ago, just like any sat nav it needs cross referencing with the map, imo theres no need for a trucking one with bridges and stuff, use the truckers road atlas regardless, the truck routing just keeps it from sending you down crinkly bottom close to do a u-turn. I replaced my Garmin Nuvi 360 the other week finally with a new Garmin Nuvi 350 circa 1998 from ebay for £10, jobs a goodun. I tried a Garmin Dezl and didn’t really like it, too much on it, too expensive and big, £300 down the pan when it breaks.

Roymondo:

biggriffin:
I use this, only downside, all hgv satnavs do the same thing, if you put truck height at 13’9, it will send you towards a 13’9 bridge,

Why is that a problem? A bridge marked at 13’9" has safe clearance for a 13’9" high vehicle - That’s why it is marked as 13’9"…

I know that, but some of our more worried types might panic…

Biglew74:

toonsy:

Biglew74:

Go back in and say it’s not working properly. And demand your cash back.

And order this: amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listi … ition=used

Will save you £100 for the right thing. All it means is that someone had opened the box and returned it (they check they are all good).

Biglew74:

look at the early posts in this thread
i posted this link and said get one of these and you can’t go wrong

tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/tr … ductLineup

you are the fool that went into halfords and bought the wrong one
don’t blame others for your incompetence

Chill mate, easy mistake. Fool [emoji41]

Aguri tx 520 or 720 or the newer 750 is worth a look all come with lifetime map and speed camera updates and alos has traffic and travel which to use you tether it of your smart phone doesn’t use much data at all

Copilot does have live traffic.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

trucker10:
Aguri tx 520 or 720 or the newer 750 is worth a look all come with lifetime map and speed camera updates and alos has traffic and travel which to use you tether it of your smart phone doesn’t use much data at all

He’s already spunked nearly £300 on a car satnav. I don’t think giving him more options and confusing him further is going to help.