Saskatchewan & LMIAs

ORC:
Well, I’m willing to take the lifestyle and the money, but I need to find a route in and probably continue building experience for a while yet…

I am sure if there are any LMIA’s available, drivers will post them on here so keep looking.

Hi Chaps

What’s the situations with jobs for fuel tanker drivers in Canada?
I suspect it depends on a state/province/territory, but how much can fuel tanker driver earn per hour?
Is there much demand for fuel tanker drivers?
Do they mostly do local work ( sleep in their own beds every night) or is this with nights out type of job and how many on average per week?
Do fuel tanker drivers mostly work as owner operators, or are they mostly company drivers?

Thanks

internetfan:
Hi Chaps

What’s the situations with jobs for fuel tanker drivers in Canada?
I suspect it depends on a state/province/territory, but how much can fuel tanker driver earn per hour?
Is there much demand for fuel tanker drivers?
Do they mostly do local work ( sleep in their own beds every night) or is this with nights out type of job and how many on average per week?
Do fuel tanker drivers mostly work as owner operators, or are they mostly company drivers?

Thanks

Can only speak for Calgary area but

1. All the haulage companies including 3 or 4 fuel companies I drive past in Calgary are advertising for drivers.
  2. Westcan say on their adverts between 60K-80K/ year, depending what work you do.
  3. Yes
  4. Depends on what you want to do, if you want home every night or want to be away all the time.
  5. Most companies have a mixture of both.
    Alberta probably has the biggest concentration of fuel haulage companies, go on Kijiji and have a look.

Hi Neil

Thanks for replying.
Would anyone know how many hours per week do you need to work to earn that 60-80K per year?
This number could look either attractive or not attractive , all depends on how many hours they want you to work to earn that much.
Pay divided by how many hours you need to work to earn that, or hourly rate is the only clear indicator if the job is paid well or not.

Thanks

You would probably be maxing your hrs 60 - 70 a week anyhow.
I will only work for hourly pay now, start to finish, is the only fair way.

If 60-80K is for 60-70 hrs per week than no wonder all those depots around you are looking for fuel tanker drivers.
This type of rate of pay seems to me is the same what the lowest pays in the UK, Turners, and if you showed some interest Turners would employ you straight away without any experience.
I thought Canadian companies had better rates of pay to offer, especially considering long distances you would have to cover, which would, a lot of night out, and harsh winters.
No wonder not many want to pull a bomb behind their back for such a low pay, taking into consideration you also need to deal with snow, icy roads, for at least 6 months per year.

internetfan:
If 60-80K is for 60-70 hrs per week than no wonder all those depots around you are looking for fuel tanker drivers.
This type of rate of pay seems to me is the same what the lowest pays in the UK, Turners, and if you showed some interest Turners would employ you straight away without any experience.
I thought Canadian companies had better rates of pay to offer, especially considering long distances you would have to cover, which would, a lot of night out, and harsh winters.
No wonder not many want to pull a bomb behind their back for such a low pay, taking into consideration you also need to deal with snow, icy roads, for at least 6 months per year.

I’ve no idea what fuel drivers get in the UK, never driven them, I drive a water tanker now, on local, home everyday, Mon - Fri, 60 ish hrs a week, paid by the hour and I made just over 80K last year.
All you’ve mentioned is money, Canada is not paved with gold.
Most people have not moved here solely for money, it’s for a better lifestyle.

To start with would have to be long haul anyway to qualify for LMIA so kiss goodbye to home every night probably lucky to get 3

internetfan:

Put off already?

robinhood_1984:

internetfan:

Put off already?

Living the dream lol its not called long haul for nothing lol

Who is hiring in Saskatchewan at the moment - has it gone dead for the timebeing?