Sandbach services NB

What are they doing at sandbach services NB?

Drive past most nights and can see a bit of a building site in there both where the trucks park and where the cars go now.

Hope whatever it is it will be an improvement? Rather than like when some clown changed the layout at strensham SB

it’s going to be yet another Costa drive through.
they seem to.be popping up at almost every motorway services now.
Hgv parking there is rubbish at best of times. Services there are to small and there trying to squeeze In even more .

Personally I have never been to Costa coffee rather make my own .
Although people.must use them otherwise they wouldt be popping up everyware

edd1974:
they seem to.be popping up at almost every motorway services now

Whenever I stop at services the first thing I want is a chance to stretch my legs and have a walk round. So why not just walk in for a coffee if you really want one. More like a pit stop. Another Americanism.

edd1974:
they seem to.be popping up at almost every motorway services now.
Hgv parking there is rubbish at best of times. Services there are to small and there trying to squeeze In even more .

Personally I have never been to Costa coffee rather make my own .
Although people.must use them otherwise they wouldt be popping up everyware

That new one at Sedgemoor s/b is an accident waiting to happen when a 44 tonner hits it in fog or darkness.

Stating the obvious, but there is a desperate need for more truck-only services. The last thing I need when I stop is a coach-load of helmets going to a football match, blocking the gaff up and acting like dicks.

I can handle Gobby Fred and Miserable Bogdan, but with the general public it’s just bellend-overload. Whilst places like Beaconsfield are quite well done, I swear people go to them like they do Westfield, rather than going to buy what they want and ■■■■■■■ off home, they go for “the experience”.

I’m sure of it! :laughing:

Drempels:
Stating the obvious, but there is a desperate need for more truck-only services. The last thing I need when I stop is a coach-load of helmets going to a football match, blocking the gaff up and acting like dicks.

I can handle Gobby Fred and Miserable Bogdan, but with the general public it’s just bellend-overload. Whilst places like Beaconsfield are quite well done, I swear people go to them like they do Westfield, rather than going to buy what they want and [zb] off home, they go for “the experience”.

The problem is who funds it?

Lorry drivers want to park somewhere for free for an hour, not spend any money in the shops and ■■■■ and ■■■■ everywhere that’s not the toilet. How’s that a business incentive for anyone? Coach loads and car drivers seem to be more capable of using toilets and probably spend more money in there.

Drempels:

Yep I sometimes get the feeling I’m following a coach loads of incontinent OAP’s round. :laughing:

DickyNick:

Drempels:

I can handle Gobby Fred and Miserable Bogdan, but with the general public it’s just bellend-overload. Whilst places like Beaconsfield are quite well done, I swear people go to them like they do Westfield, rather than going to buy what they want and [zb] off home, they go for “the experience”.

Lorry drivers want to park somewhere for free for an hour, not spend any money in the shops and ■■■■ and [zb] everywhere that’s not the toilet. How’s that a business incentive for anyone? Coach loads and car drivers seem to be more capable of using toilets and probably spend more money in there.

How about the government or the EU? They make the rules, let them provide areas for us to follow them in. They seem to have forgotten that motorways were intended primarily for freight.

muckles:

Drempels:

Yep I sometimes get the feeling I’m following a coach loads of incontinent OAP’s round. :laughing:

You and me both! I need a wee now :laughing:

DickyNick:

Drempels:

Lorry drivers want to park somewhere for free for an hour, not spend any money in the shops and ■■■■ and [zb] everywhere that’s not the toilet. How’s that a business incentive for anyone? Coach loads and car drivers seem to be more capable of using toilets and probably spend more money in there.

It’s a legal requirement for lorry drivers to take breaks and rest periods, cars can park anywhere, they can nip off at a Junction and find a shop/deli/takeaway.

Lorry only places have tried and failed because the operators are too greedy, they want to sell congealed crap food for Gordon Ramsey prices.

Just look how busy Markham Vale gets with 3 drive thru and two collection places and a SPAR

Wheel Nut:

DickyNick:

Drempels:

It’s a legal requirement for lorry drivers to take breaks and rest periods, cars can park anywhere, they can nip off at a Junction and find a shop/deli/takeaway.

Lorry only places have tried and failed because the operators are too greedy, they want to sell congealed crap food for Gordon Ramsey prices.

Just look how busy Markham Vale gets with 3 drive thru and two collection places and a SPAR

We’re not asking for Nobis or Autohof Dasing, just something like a traditional routiers. Is that too much?

Drempels:

Wheel Nut:

DickyNick:

Drempels:

We’re not asking for Nobis or Autohof Dasing, just something like a traditional routiers. Is that too much?

You end up with Stabbing Town, Swindled or Hoss on Wire and the fresh grease comes from between the servers toes,

No idea what that means, but it’s conjured up some amazing images! :laughing:

Drempels:

Think he means Stibbington, Swindon and Ross-on-Wye…HTH :smiley:

There not services anymore . There more like shopping centres.
You have mcdonalds greggs etc to get something to eat.
Wh smiths to buy a book or a paper.
M n s to do your weekly shopping.
Cotton traders for your clothing needs. ( which I personally find are quite cheap considering have bought a few tops from them )
Amusements kiddies rides for the kids.
Bookies
Weatherspoons/ harvester to have a meal and a pint
Various stalls selling ornaments and tat .
Mobile phone accesiories.
And then there’s a hotel to stay over.
What more really do you need

edd1974:
There not services anymore . There more like shopping centres.
You have mcdonalds greggs etc to get something to eat.
Wh smiths to buy a book or a paper.
M n s to do your weekly shopping.
Cotton traders for your clothing needs. ( which I personally find are quite cheap considering have bought a few tops from them )
Amusements kiddies rides for the kids.
Bookies
Weatherspoons/ harvester to have a meal and a pint
Various stalls selling ornaments and tat .
Mobile phone accesiories.
And then there’s a hotel to stay over.
What more really do you need

Somewhere to park in order to use these facilities…

RIPPER:

Drempels:

Think he means Stibbington, Swindon and Ross-on-Wye…HTH :smiley:

:laughing: That’s my new game for next week sorted!