roping and sheeting

Here’s a few of recent jobs, the variety of stuff we have to sheet keeps things interesting but can be a pain trying to make it look the part. 75% of the trailers on the fleet have tall headboards, they aren’t strengthened so offer no benefit as I see, just a pain to sheet low loads on…

:smiley: well done mickey

Overdid it with the middle ropes? NMP

coomsey:

With a shop dealing in khazis alongside as well, how handy was that? :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:

coomsey:

Pete.

:smiley:

coomsey:

windrush:

coomsey:

Pete.

Out of curiosity, would that be a double bottom or a triple?

coomsey:

Hiya,
I did warn him against double dollying in the middle of the trailer.
thanks harry, long retired.

coomsey:

A haulier I knew in Bolton had this happen to one of his trailers. It had 20 tons of bricks on it loaded back from the headboard with a space at the back of the trailer. A driver went over a bad bump in the road and the trailer broke in two! The driver didn’t have a job the next day.

We loaded bricks all the time & never had a problem, This trailer was a tandem York 40 ft, We converted it ourselves into a tri axle & running at 38 Tonnes it had a 26 Tonne pay load, We sold it to a farmer who in fact still has it, The good old bad days :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

I recall my son Nigel, Heading south on the A 1 at Alnwick, Being pulled in to the W/bridge at Hare Cragg by the W &Ms, He pulled onto the W/bridge and was told that he was lucky because his axle & gross weight was in order, He replied to the ■■■■■■ who told him this that he was a proffesnionl owner driver who had been looked and trained by he Father, And that theer was no ■■■■■■■ luck in the haulage game,Haulage Men Were Kings Of The Road, IMO, Regardsd Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
I recall my son Nigel, Heading south on the A 1 at Alnwick, Being pulled in to the W/bridge at Hare Cragg by the W &Ms, He pulled onto the W/bridge and was told that he was lucky because his axle & gross weight was in order, He replied to the ■■■■■■ who told him this that he was a proffesnionl owner driver who had been looked and trained by he Father, And that theer was no [zb] luck in the haulage game,Haulage Men Were Kings Of The Road, IMO, Regardsd Larry.

He had a good trainer :smiley: :wink:

quite right you make your own luck

Lawrence Dunbar:
I recall my son Nigel, Heading south on the A 1 at Alnwick, Being pulled in to the W/bridge at Hare Cragg by the W &Ms, He pulled onto the W/bridge and was told that he was lucky because his axle & gross weight was in order, He replied to the ■■■■■■ who told him this that he was a proffesnionl owner driver who had been looked and trained by he Father, And that theer was no [zb] luck in the haulage game,Haulage Men Were Kings Of The Road, IMO, Regardsd Larry.

It beats me why drivers Rope over a FLY SHEET
Im sure these drivers dont know what a FLY SHEET is Actually used for■■?
I done Ropeing & sheeting for 28 years & never Roped over a FLY SHEET

Norman Croad…Torquay

6LX:

Norman Croad…Torquay

But you are a top man from “the old school” Norm, most “drivers” of to-day probably do not know what a “fly sheet” is never mind what it was for ! Cheers Dennis.

6LX:

Norman Croad…Torquay

Oh dear Oh dear, I worked for Baxters Road Services in the 50s, Fly sheets or Drip sheets as they were called in the earley days , Baxter allways told his drivers to rope up over the drip sheet, So me being a new boy on the block did I as was told to do. So if you think I did wrong tuff :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Im still here having a few single malts which Im told is not good for me , So I dont regret ropping over the ■■■■■■ Fly sheet So there , :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

6LX:

Norman Croad…Torquay

Oh dear Oh dear, I worked for Baxters Road Services in the 50s, Fly sheets or Drip sheets as they were called in the earley days , Baxter allways told his drivers to rope up over the drip sheet, So me being a new boy on the block did I as was told to do. So if you think I did wrong tuff :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Im still here having a few single malts which Im told is not good for me , So I dont regret ropping over the ■■■■■■ Fly sheet So there , :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.