Richard Long

raymundo:

nomiS36:
Sounds ideal. Don’t suppose you’ve got an application form you can send me? [emoji23]
[emoji57]

Don’t need one, just turn up with all your gear and you’ll be driving a truck out of the yard and over that little hump back bridge in about 15 minutes … :slight_smile:

Lol did it have the 7.5t weight limit on whilst you was there ?

DannyDC2:

raymundo:

nomiS36:
Sounds ideal. Don’t suppose you’ve got an application form you can send me? [emoji23]
[emoji57]

Don’t need one, just turn up with all your gear and you’ll be driving a truck out of the yard and over that little hump back bridge in about 15 minutes … :slight_smile:

Lol did it have the 7.5t weight limit on whilst you was there ?

No, I worked (slaved) there twice and the bridge then was the only way in. Have they made a new entrance somewhere ■■

The bridge is still the main way in you just ignore the weight limit sign :smiley:

There is another entrance that leads by the low bridge but nobody goes that way.

Just remembered that one, leads down by the farmhouse ■■? ps Richard actually apologised to me once after he had sworn at me so I told him to stuff his lorry and load up his arse, got on OK after that but one day after his new unit and trailer arrived I asked him when would I be in line for his cast off one … his reply was ‘‘Do you intend to still be working for me when you are 90’’ … :open_mouth:

rambo19:

DannyDC2:
Just left Richard long.

It’s great if you want European experience + low loaders and driving different types of machinery however don’t expect any training.

Take home around 600 a week. when your on holiday your only paid £60 a day before tax that’s part of the reason I left! Weekends not paid for, parking not paid for.

Use to many toll roads and it comes out of your wages according to contract. Any damage you pay for It. all straps are pretty old and knackered which is pretty bad for this kind of work. Have to give a week in hand and when you leave they hold onto it until they are certain you don’t owe them money for damages etc. Then last pay will be made by Richard long by check :smiley:

Most trucks are decent however there are still plenty of crap ones and chances are if your new you’ll be put it one. I got upgraded to lhd last week and had to throw all the mats in the side locker because they smelt like the bottom of a wheelie bin heating didn’t work and fridge was absolutely disgusting.

In France if you have anything over 2.55m wide it’s classed as convoi exeptionel and you can’t go on autoroutes/toll roads. You have a map & book in the truck telling you what roads you can and can’t go on towns you must avoid at certain time of the day etc etc and it’s all written in French as well which helps :smiley: and fines can be huge in Europe so make sure your good at sticking to the routes

Job isnt to hard though tbd Andif you can keep your head down and mouth shut, try and get a newer clean truck then all is good if don’t mind the pay that is. But tbh from phoning around other European hauliers it’s all pretty much the same. You can definitely earn more in the uk but the work is obviously not as fun.
Hope that helps anyone.

Don’t see how they can pay £60 per day holiday pay, that would be illegal, more fool drivers for standing for it.

O my god what a cowboy outfit who in there right mind would work for a tow rag like this you need to be sick in the head to work for a company like this
He could keep his back week the truck would be found in a ditch somewhere
And to think in this day and age there is still people without a brain work in for scum like this

Lol

my first week there i was washing my truck at the end of the day and one lad come upto me and said you look like a nice guy i’ll give you some advice. Always max your driving hours because they check and if you don’t they’ll just get rid of you with out warnin. ii said fair enough i always do anyway

then he said and sometimes go over your hours a little bit every now and then richard loves all that, not by much just ten minutes or so.

i said who pays the fine if i get pulled ? his reply was you do, that’s the price you pay for having such a great job :smiley:

you can guess he had a brand new truck

DannyDC2:
Lol

my first week there i was washing my truck at the end of the day and one lad come upto me and said you look like a nice guy i’ll give you some advice. Always max your driving hours because they check and if you don’t they’ll just get rid of you with out warnin. ii said fair enough i always do anyway

then he said and sometimes go over your hours a little bit every now and then richard loves all that, not by much just ten minutes or so.

i said who pays the fine if i get pulled ? his reply was you do, that’s the price you pay for having such a great job :smiley:

you can guess he had a brand new truck

And the very smelly brown nose [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[quote=“DannyDC2”

you can guess he had a brand new truck[/quote]
the one I never got the hope in hell of getting …

Am I missing something?]

You max your hours out for barely £600 TAKE HOME.
You get screwed on holiday, they treat you like crap and they don’t even train you.
If your lucky you may get a shiny truck… and oh they don’t pay your fines if you get any.

Firstly i get more then that on a 48 hour contract with a supermarket with no tramping.
I have never been paid £60 for holiday while driving a truck ever.
I also couldn’t give a toss if i had a new truck or not as long as it worked so that’s not much of a carrot.

I can’t believe he can find people to do the job…
Ye I know its not all about money but he from what I’ve read the job is ■■■■■ as well.

The annoying thing is I would love to do tramping especially in the EU but I want to be on hourly rate if im maxing my hours and a decent night out sub.
I’ve yet to find this unless I go agency.