Return Loads from Scotland

nick2008:
Theres the Coal plant round Glasgow way

that would be ferguson coal and there bagging plant is at hunterston

scotstrucker:

pip2209:

Trukkertone:
one that might be worth a quick phone call is Hayton Coulthard… they have loads sometimes out of Blackford or Lennoxtown… 01557860661

These are tautliner only loads, bottled water.

and some now done by eddie stobart if i remember correctly

I think Stobart was trying to get the work out of Highland Spring. Supposedly loading them into curtainsided rail containers and sending them south on the train from Mossend. Don’t know if it has, or will happen though.

good idea. wld b better four all of us if stuff to scottland went by train. let the rail comapnies waste time on sending empies up their!

We run Scotland everynight (since we’re a Scottish run firm) and most of our trucks come back empty…

spuds

I used to load dutch groupage out of scotland for harry vos and take it too hull for transhipment. Also quite a bit of work for tullis Russell at Glenrothes.

damoq:

scotstrucker:

pip2209:

Trukkertone:
one that might be worth a quick phone call is Hayton Coulthard… they have loads sometimes out of Blackford or Lennoxtown… 01557860661

These are tautliner only loads, bottled water.

and some now done by eddie stobart if i remember correctly

I think Stobart was trying to get the work out of Highland Spring. Supposedly loading them into curtainsided rail containers and sending them south on the train from Mossend. Don’t know if it has, or will happen though.

Haven’t seen Stobart (or Hayton Coulthard) in the village for a while. It all seems to go out in containers hauled by Russells.

Is Hayton Coulthards not part of the Greggory Group now,■■? Regards Larry.

Driveroneuk:
spuds

them were the days, used to go up to Aberdeen with a load of steel beams and 20 empty pallets balanced on the top, tip the steel then find some farm in the middle of nowhere and spend the first 20 minutes arguing with the farmer that the pallets you are swapping him arent that knackered :laughing: then he loads you with a 20 yr old JCB with bent forks, finally done you put straw on the top then your big sheets and finish off with a fly sheet over the lot, then you leave in the dark and nearly get lost and stop at least 3 times on the way home to tighten the ropes that have gone slack again :blush: then the next morning you find another farm in the middle of nowhere to tip your spuds and end up getting your sheets plastered in mud and cow ■■■■!

Spuds, aye them were the days :wink:

I used to use this company but rates weren’t great, got you back though !

border-traffic-service.co.uk/contracting.htm

Lawrence Dunbar:

Aye it’s belonged to Gregory for a long time, since Coulthard was done for being well bent.Eddie.

I once got sent empty from Leicester to Aberdeen to fetch a load back to south Wales.

There was nothing wrong with that rate :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Barronwood Distribution

they will sort you out a back load from just about anywhere, rates aren’t brilliant from Scotland though

hi all , hi chavers dad. ihad the same with the potatoes must have been regular thing. had to go Charles alexhanders to get pallets. then out to farm and he moaned about pallets.when delivering the straw was allover place. we used to load chip board that was hit or miss, 2 hours till 6 waiting to load.

erfguy:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Aye it’s belonged to Gregory for a long time, since Coulthard was done for being well bent.Eddie.

not quite true, yes gregory did take on the trucks and drivers after coulthards eh…erm problems in the early 2000s, however
hayton coulthard was still a separate entity with many subbies running thier trucks in coulthard colours and working more or less full time tramping. in early 2009 gregory and hayton coulthard became a shared company but still running in coulthard livery and coulthard name and thus continues the long standing business relationship they have had over the last 30 years or so.

stobarts were only in blackford highland spring to pick up loads for tesco & coca cola and had nothing to do with the coulthard main contract.

the only way to get good backloads out of scotland is to put yourself about and make contacts over a period of time, there are loads to be had but you need to work hard to get them, and know who to call of course :wink:

I remember doing a backload for marshals,the farm machinery company.
The rate was so poor a felt abused and dirty,and regretted instantly taking it on.
For Scotland you must quote round trip money, or you’re wasting you’re time.
Also,the jocks offer ■■■■ poor rates back to England,but want a lot more to load back up there. :smiley:
Someone that may be able to load a flat back to England is intake transport, as they do a lot up to Scotland.
Or at least,they used to.

ROADRANGER:
I remember doing a backload for marshals,the farm machinery company.
The rate was so poor a felt abused and dirty,and regretted instantly taking it on.
For Scotland you must quote round trip money, or you’re wasting you’re time.
Also,the jocks offer ■■■■ poor rates back to England,but want a lot more to load back up there. :smiley:
Someone that may be able to load a flat back to England is intake transport, as they do a lot up to Scotland.
Or at least,they used to.

think intake struggles aswell too get reloads out of the north unless it’s timber from james jones sawmills but the rates on that aint much better than marshalls.